Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mountainpantherfan2

Jets to cut Tebow...could there be a place a the Panthers's roster?

262 posts in this topic

Should we bring back Brian St. Pierre too? He only got to play one game and he threw a touchdown pass.

he's already proven that he sucks.

How so?  He went 7-4 as a starter during the one year he got a chance to play.  He won a playoff game.  Does looking bad in practice make that meaningless?

How so?  He went 7-4 as a starter during the one year he got a chance to play.  He won a playoff game.  Does looking bad in practice make that meaningless?

Cant throw the ball worth a crap.

When someone goes 6 for 23 passing on a consistent basis, it probably means the TEAM won the game, not the QB. You can spin it anyway you want, which a lot of people in the national media like to do.

Looking bad in practice means you don't deserve a chance to play. Past stats have nothing to do with that, otherwise Jake would still be our starter because he won 5 playoff games for us. It's unsound logic. It's OK for you to still wear a The Golden Calf of Bristol jersey, but defend him to NFL GMs. They're the ones who need to hear you.

Hint: They're not gonna listen.

Did the team hit the big pass play in overtime to beat the Steelers?  Why did that same team go 1-4 with Orton starting?  No one thinks Orton should switch to tight end or just quit football but T-bow is obviously better than he is......

I love the new filter. The Golden Calf of Bristol is not NFL-caliber. That's why he's not on a roster. 

And since we're talking his "one shining season," here's a comparison:

The Golden Calf of Bristol completed 46.5 percent of his passes in 2011.

Jimmy Clausen completed 52.5 percent of his passes in 2010.

Jimmy Clausen completed 6 percent more passes than The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Jimmy Clausen.

I love the new filter. The Golden Calf of Bristol is not NFL-caliber. That's why he's not on a roster. 

And since we're talking his "one shining season," here's a comparison:

The Golden Calf of Bristol completed 46.5 percent of his passes in 2011.

Jimmy Clausen completed 52.5 percent of his passes in 2010.

Jimmy Clausen completed 6 percent more passes than The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Jimmy Clausen.

Is that HST in your avatar?

Who/what is HST? My avatar is Jim Lahey, Trailer Park Supervisor

Yes.  They had that record despite The Golden Calf of Bristol, not because of him.  Trent Dilfer's ass got the boot right after he won the Super Bowl and never got much of a chance after that either, DESPITE being a Super Bowl-winning QB.

Look dude, it's not that people don't agree that he didn't get much of a chance (despite him being horribly inaccurate when he got his actual chance), it's just that teams have CHOSEN not to play him despite his 'winning record' as a QB.

I think The Golden Calf of Bristol is a hell of a role model, but you don't see what's wrong with arguing about him not getting chance despite what actual NFL professionals have done when presented with the opportunity to play him?  They damn sure know more about the situation than you and me do.  That's the biggest problem I have with The Golden Calf of Bristol's fans... if the dude could play he would've been out there playing over Mark Butt fuging Fumble Sanchez of all people.

this is probably an inflammatory question to ask, but would you consider yourself an evangelical Christian?

1 person likes this

My mistake.

hunter-thompson-3.jpg

Rum Diary

Hells Angels

Fear and Loathing books