• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#31 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Smitty did rip Marc a new one at the beginning of the show. They mentioned how a lot of fans dislike the Kugbila pick but Taylor defended the move by saying he had a bad SAT score keeping him from going to a better school. Gettleman actually called Nick Saban to get his opinion on him as a player. Also a caller asked Smitty what did he say to the ref that ejected him in the Christmas Eve game vs Dallas. He says he got ejected for touching the ref but asked him "what is your address so I can send you a Christmas card?"

#32 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

How Smitty doesn't punch these idiots is beyond me. They literally talk like the embodiment of stupidity.

#33 carp24000

carp24000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Smitty: "The OLine and DLine are the wheels.....just because you have a great engine, doesnt mean the car will go anywhere unless you have the wheels"

#34 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

in other news, Mike wallace, "I'm not bashing anybody don't have anything against anyone I just don't understand it," Wallace tweeted Monday. "All these beautiful women in the world and guys wanna mess with other guys SMH..."

#35 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,888 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

"Mel Kiper is too busy doing his hair" - Smitty

lol

#36 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,888 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Smitty likes Star, didn't really like how Sheldon Richardson was decked out in jewelry at the draft

He is trashing Sheldon Richardson

#37 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

in other news, Mike wallace, "I'm not bashing anybody don't have anything against anyone I just don't understand it," Wallace tweeted Monday. "All these beautiful women in the world and guys wanna mess with other guys SMH..."

Hey, more beautiful women for the rest of us!

#38 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

Hey, more beautiful women for the rest of us!

not for us married guys.

#39 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Our receivers had 10 TD's all season. 15 if you include Olsen. I admit I am no expert but to say we are set is stupid. 20 QB's threw more TD's than Cam last year including 3 rookies. So while I am over not drafting one, I find it crazy for anyone to suggest we couldn't use another playmaker. Hell Gettleman himself said he was looking for TD Scorers.

#40 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

methinks the smitty doth protest too much

Same guy who swore Ryne Robinson was going to explode and that Keloha Pilares was going to tear things up last year.

#41 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,360 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

We got FA receivers that are just as good if not better than any receivers we could have drafted. We are fine at WR and we completely beefed up our defense which I'm extremely excited about.

false.

this is the standard practice of overstating how good someone who is now in a Panther uniform and diminshing those who aren't.

see it every year at this time. "Oh, Tank Tyler, yeah he got dis. Dude will be a beast. No worries, so glad we snagged him instead of wasting a draft pick".

Ginn is a ST player. He is entering his 7th season. He isn't breaking out. He is a bust of a WR.

#42 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

agreed. this starting out slow thing isn't anyway to prove we've got playmakers.

and if we do, then how is shula going to bring it out of them? what exactly is he going to do to maximize the talent and supposed playmaking ability of this team? by running an old school traditional ball control offense?

1. You don't know what Shula is going to run
2. Your evaluation of Shula as an OC was from over a decade ago...with a team that he took to the playoffs with the likes of Shaun King at the helm

I have no idea whether Shula will be a great OC....but continuing to bash the guy with ZERO to support it is laughable as well.

#43 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,274 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

McShay just said The Chargers drafted better than The Panthers. Why? Because Short is bust material.

Yet, The Chargers drafted DJ Fluker at 11th.

#44 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,360 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

1. You don't know what Shula is going to run
2. Your evaluation of Shula as an OC was from over a decade ago...with a team that he took to the playoffs with the likes of Shaun King at the helm

I have no idea whether Shula will be a great OC....but continuing to bash the guy with ZERO to support it is laughable as well.

best coach in the NFL....use to be that boob and joke that coached in Cleveland. He went to NE, he got talent....

You can say what you want about Shula but it is a talent driven league...and he didn't have it in Tampa.

#45 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,360 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

McShay just said The Chargers drafted better than The Panthers. Why? Because Short is bust material.

Yet, The Chargers drafted DJ Fluker at 11th.

in fairness....early DTs have a high bust rate. If you play the odds....we would be lucky if one of our 2 drafted DTs worked out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com