Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

The player that the beefed up front could help the most...

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationRaleigh,NC
HUDDLER

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

He's missed 8 games last year and about 3 in the 8 years before that. Now he's injury prone. I hear ya man, I disagree. You also said he's lost step, right? In what way? I havnt followed his career so im interested in hearing this.

He was a 4.4 guy earlier in his career I caught some of the lions games and he got torched last season, I also saw a couple san diego games when he played for them, he was mediocre at his best.

#42 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'm comfortable with the Joshes... it's the Safeties that I'm more concerned with.

Yup. I'm more worry about who's going to play beside Godfrey. I'm not sure in Campbell and Mitchell may really just be a camp body. I haven't heard or seen anything from him until we signed him. I hope we got a steal in Robert Lester. I love that mam and hope and can take advantage of it.

#43 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

HUDDLER

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

He was a 4.4 guy earlier in his career I caught some of the lions games and he got torched last season, I also saw a couple san diego games when he played for them, he was mediocre at his best.

Yeeeah 4.4, Idk what were his splits I wonder. I dont think you can look at that 4.4 and say he can run in all phases just by that time itself. Have you watched him play since he was a rookie? Like, have you watched HIS game, not just the games he's playing since he came into the league. . or close to anyways?

What part of his technique looks bad?

edit: I mean lots of guys get torched. Smitty torches Revis so idk what to think of your statement.

#44 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• LocationRaleigh,NC
HUDDLER

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

Yeeeah 4.4, Idk what were his splits I wonder. I dont think you can look at that 4.4 and say he can run in all phases just by that time itself. Have you watched him play since he was a rookie? Like, have you watched HIS game, not just the games he's playing since he came into the league. . or close to anyways?

edit: I mean lots of guys get torched. Smitty torches Revis so idk what to think of your statement.

From what I've seen on him he is a risk taker and it shows.... he is a physical tackler from the CB spot however...

#45 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

HUDDLER

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

From what I've seen on him he is a risk taker and it shows.... he is a physical tackler from the CB spot however...

I gotta say I would require that from my starters if I was a coach. Bigger backs like Stew will stiff arm you and laugh while they run over you if you cant tackle well. An NFL corner better be able to tackle period.

If he can cover . . for the most part, and he can tackle . . and he can stay healthy. He'll be fine with that front 7

#46 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

When did Smitty ever torched Revis?

#47 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

HUDDLER

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

When did Smitty ever torched Revis?

Multiple times. . . and tune in, cause its about to become a twice a year beatdown.

#48 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

HUDDLER

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

i hope.  we need someone to really step up

#49 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

Multiple times. . . and tune in, cause its about to become a twice a year beatdown.

Smitty and Revis only been matched up once. And Revis had the better of Smitty holding him to 1 catch for 5yards and two ints. I Dno where you are getting your info from.

Im not looking forward to seeing that 89 vs Revis matchups this year if it even happen. Even with Cam instead of Jake this time around.

#50 MtnJax

MtnJax

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

they could step up into the pocket last year.

This

Gettleman and Rivera have both mentioned that getting Star and Kawan will help the interior pass rush so that the QBs won't be able to step up into the pocket and instead get flushed over into the rush of Hardy and CJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users