Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well... that stinks...

56 posts in this topic

Posted

You can no law against it that I know of.  My mom made wedding cakes on the side all the time.  Have a cousin running one from her home. 

If you are producing food for commercial purposes you have to be licensed and your kitchen has to be up to restaurant code.

I remember watching a news story about a lady in Charlotte several years back that was feeding the homeless out of her house. The state came in and made her do like ten thousand dollars worth of upgrades so her house was up to code.

I don't know what laws are like in every state, but you are not legally allowed to run a restaurant or catering service out of a normal house in NC.

Posted

If you are producing food for commercial purposes you have to be licensed and your kitchen has to be up to restaurant code.

I remember watching a news story about a lady in Charlotte several years back that was feeding the homeless out of her house. The state came in and made her do like ten thousand dollars worth of upgrades so her house was up to code.

I don't know what laws are like in every state, but you are not legally allowed to run a restaurant or catering service out of a normal house in NC.

That's what I tho and I believe she does just that while her new shop is being built.

Posted

ok so I won the cake battle, what do I win?

internet-high-five.jpg

Seriously tho,  thanks a lot!

Posted

At least your getting married. I'm forever alone

Posted

Carlos from Suarez is a very nice guy.  Glad he was able to help us.  Cake tasting went great... very yammy cake.

Posted

Man, I love cakes made out of yams.  

1 person likes this

Posted

At least your getting married. I'm forever alone

Get a puppy :p

Posted

Man, I love cakes made out of yams.  

ha!