Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who would we have taken at 14 if Star wasn't there?

30 posts in this topic

Posted

No....it has been reported that Eifert and Rhodes were the other two guys being discussed in the Panthers War Room as possible picks if Star were not there.

I know. I said you were right. I'm just saying that might've been the discussion not knowing Floyd was going to be there also. I would say that was the plan to take Rhodes or Eifert if Star wasnt there going into the draft. Once the draft started and Floyd begin to slip. I'd assume at pick 13 (jets) the Panthers would've consider Floyd higher than Rhodes and Eifert.

Posted

Would have love eifert

Posted

Would have love eifert

Would have liked Eifert a lot. I love Star!

Posted

I think it doesn't matter at this point.

Posted

It's hard believing that. I'm sure the Panthers would have had Floyd right behind of Star if they knew both of them were going to be there at 14. I would think Floyd would have been projected higher than Short on Panthers' board even though Gettleman said he was the best pass rushing DT in this draft. That's what everyone GM say. Remember Idzik and the Jets said they were stunned bc they got two of their top 4 guys in Milliner and Sheldon. Hard to believe it.

Easy to believe the Short is the best pass rushing DT in the draft. It is factual, not Gettlefluff. Floyd went where he belonged.

Posted

From what i've heard I feel like it would have been Eifert- which would have been fine with me.

Posted

I think Richardson would have been the pick, assuming the Jets took Star instead of Richardson.  We might have taken Hankins in the 2nd round instead of Short if we took Richardson in the 1st. 

I think, Star/Short > Richardson/Hankins

Posted

I think Richardson would have been the pick, assuming the Jets took Star instead of Richardson. We might have taken Hankins in the 2nd round instead of Short if we took Richardson in the 1st.

I think, Star/Short > Richardson/Hankins

Good point.

Posted

I find the Eifert rumors interesting -- it shows that Gettleman's seriously committed to the BPA strategy (though I assume he still wouldn't have drafted a QB or RB in the 1st round). Eifert was certainly a blue-chip prospect. If you compared him with Rhodes for example, a lot of huddlers may have preferred the latter because of the position he played, but Eifert was the cleaner prospect in general.

Posted

Rhodes was a really underrated prospect in my mind. Minny had an incredible draft.

2 people like this

Posted

I know. I said you were right. I'm just saying that might've been the discussion not knowing Floyd was going to be there also. I would say that was the plan to take Rhodes or Eifert if Star wasnt there going into the draft. Once the draft started and Floyd begin to slip. I'd assume at pick 13 (jets) the Panthers would've consider Floyd higher than Rhodes and Eifert.

The Panthers front office said they stopped accepting trade offers after pick 11, when they knew that they would have a shot at Eifert, Star, or Rhodes.

Floyd wasn't in the discussion. He was not considered at 14.

Posted

The Panthers front office said they stopped accepting trade offers after pick 11, when they knew that they would have a shot at Eifert, Star, or Rhodes.

Floyd wasn't in the discussion. He was not considered at 14.

do you have a source for this?