#76 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,371 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

Seems like it might be important, since all you've been doing is arguing semantics for most of this thread

most of this thread?

My posts in this thread consist of being a smart ass to CWG after he admitted to tolling biscuit and asked about either the whereabouts or the existence of a crowd who wants to ban guns.

I couldn't give him the location, but I did reference their existence; it does consist of more than a Nancy Pelosi misquote.

Since what I provided wasn't good enough, I am asking what will satisfy him. That way I will know if the HuffPo poll showing 13% of respondents are in favor of a total gun ban will suffice, or if I need to spend a whole 5 minutes on another Google search.

Your contribution to the thread was asking about quotation marks. Notice I used italics in this post. Do you need anything else?

#77 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

most of this thread?

My posts in this thread consist of being a smart ass to CWG after he admitted to tolling biscuit and asked about either the whereabouts or the existence of a crowd who wants to ban guns.

I couldn't give him the location, but I did reference their existence; it does consist of more than a Nancy Pelosi misquote.

Since what I provided wasn't good enough, I am asking what will satisfy him. That way I will know if the HuffPo poll showing 13% of respondents are in favor of a total gun ban will suffice, or if I need to spend a whole 5 minutes on another Google search.

Your contribution to the thread was asking about quotation marks. Notice I used italics in this post. Do you need anything else?

Well I wasnt trying to single you out for this, but since about page 3 this thread has been completely pointless.  Its been a few people arguing over the semantics of exactly how many/ few people want to ban all guns, which is silly because NOBODY IN THIS THREAD ACTUALLY WANTS TO BAN GUNS

Its a completely irrelevant point to any actual discussion, which isnt surprising because its the tinderbox but still

#78 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,362 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

there is no serious effort to ban all guns, so I am not sure why that discussion really comes up.  I mean, while things like a flat tax etc are longshots, they actually have some decent backing and are therefore worth debating.  I feel like this is the equivalent of debating whether or not we should have any taxes at all ever and pretending that there is a "crowd" that actually supports that.  Sure, there are more than three people, but who gives a fug?  It isn't ever going to happen.

#79 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,371 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

there is no serious effort to ban all guns, so I am not sure why that discussion really comes up. I mean, while things like a flat tax etc are longshots, they actually have some decent backing and are therefore worth debating. I feel like this is the equivalent of debating whether or not we should have any taxes at all ever and pretending that there is a "crowd" that actually supports that. Sure, there are more than three people, but who gives a fug? It isn't ever going to happen.

You should take a cue from this guy. he knows what he is talking about:

This just in: Tinderbox posters prefer controversy to actual news and debate on real issues.

#80 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,362 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

One problem: That was in response to someone asking why we were talking about one news story and not another, both about actual happenings in reality, not hypothetical crowds.  Try again.  You'll find a quote of mine that contradicts that if you keep looking. ;)

#81 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,371 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

It was the whole controversy vs. real issues thing that, when I first saw it, I knew I would be quoting it at some point.

But my goal here is to watch CWG move goalposts and claim victory, not to stalk you. You're a decent poster most of the time. I have nothing against you.

#82 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,757 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

You've moved me from asking about what groups are out to ban all guns, to saying I said 0 people want to ban guns, to tellingthe 5 separate people all over the country are now a group, to not even bothering to dispute mavs correct assertion that is exactly what I've been saying, but I'm the one moving goalposts.

#83 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,371 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

Where is this "ban all guns at all costs " crowd?. To my knowledge it consists of one out of context Nancy Pelosi quote.

So one out of context quote = a small number of people?

Yes that makes perfect sense.

#84 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,757 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

keep flailing i mean trying everyone here seems to know exactly what I am talking about, that there is no serious effort by any group of any importance to "ban all guns", mostly because it's an impossible idea. Might as well ban all chickens or ban all waffles.

Not to mention the fact that I sincerely doubt the military would be that interested in it.

The "ban all guns crowd" exists only in the minds of the people who need justification to ignore the public will, statistics and common sense.

All you have to do is look at Canada or Australia, two nations with similar moral, cultural and religious likes and dislikes as us, and ask yourself, are they no longer "free"? Are they unable to find happiness? Should they rise up and fight their government for not letting them have whatever guns they want whenever they want?

#85 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,421 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

I enjoy the non sequitrs the conservatives on this board engage in after their "facts" are shown to be a load of garbage.

#86 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,371 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

keep flailing i mean trying everyone here seems to know exactly what I am talking about, that there is no serious effort by any group of any importance to "ban all guns", mostly because it's an impossible idea. Might as well ban all chickens or ban all waffles.

Not to mention the fact that I sincerely doubt the military would be that interested in it.

The "ban all guns crowd" exists only in the minds of the people who need justification to ignore the public will, statistics and common sense.

All you have to do is look at Canada or Australia, two nations with similar moral, cultural and religious likes and dislikes as us, and ask yourself, are they no longer "free"? Are they unable to find happiness? Should they rise up and fight their government for not letting them have whatever guns they want whenever they want?

This is exactly what I mean by moving goal posts. First you said no one wants to ban guns. When I showed otherwise, it wasn't enough. Now, somehow, you're talking about "groups of any importance" and the feasibility of doing so.

I don't know what Canada and Australia have to do with anything, but hey its me flailing.

#87 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,371 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

I enjoy the non sequitrs the conservatives on this board engage in after their "facts" are shown to be a load of garbage.

What facts were shown to be garbage? Hell you didn't even look at the links I posted. You thought they were from ultra-conservative news sources when they were actually leftist bloggers.

And who showed them to be garbage? PhillyB's reading comprehension was off and he left the thread after I pointed it out. CWG can't keep the same argument for two posts in a row. And you've added the following to the thread:

(crickets chirping)

#88 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,757 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

First you said no one wants to ban guns.

You are nothing but a lying liar.

A. I never, ever said "no one wants to ban guns", I've mentioned that there are zero groups of any importance whatsoever trying to do this, and I used the term groups.

B. First I said:

thank you, children, for sacrificing your lives to protect our Second Amendment. You are Patriots, and I think we should put your faces on a race car to prove it.

You are, again, a lying liar. Who lies.

#89 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,566 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

Your inability to quote notwithstanding, how exactly are you going to solve the dumbass idea that "children are sacrificing their lives for the second amendment" without an outright ban on guns? Unless you're completely oblivious to real life, accidents happen even to the most careful people.

#90 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,362 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

sure they do, but that's why tighter rules and regulations can be important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.