• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

Been working on some SEO stuff today with the huddle and I cleared all the logs from spider visits.

Spiders are bots that are sent out from search engine companies that crawl your sites and have the pages indexed into their search return.

After a couple minutes, this is how many pages each search company had crawled...

Google 642   Bing 113       Google Mobile 41       MSN/Bing 60     Yahoo 2     Ask Jeeves 2    

lol @ how worthless Yahoo is

#2 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

(and resurrected)

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

I was one of the last yahoo->google e-migrants

#3 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

(and resurrected)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Can we just rename this thread "Yahoo!: A Retrospective"

Geocities-logo.jpg

Yahooligans.gif

untitled.jpg

#4 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Been working on some SEO stuff today with the huddle and I cleared all the logs from spider visits.

Spiders are bots that are sent out from search engine companies that crawl your sites and have the pages indexed into their search return.

After a couple minutes, this is how many pages each search company had crawled...

Google 642   Bing 113       Google Mobile 41       MSN/Bing 60     Yahoo 2     Ask Jeeves 2    

lol @ how worthless Yahoo is

Google has far more server capacity and computing power than anyone else. I'm actually surprised Bing is that close.

That doesn't necessarily meant they are the BEST though.

I look at analytics data all day and on many of my client websites, user metrics are better for visitors who arrive to the sites via Bing. This either means that Bing is sending better traffic to these websites or the people using Bing are old and / or read slowly.

#5 Creep59

Creep59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHatteras Canyon

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

I dont google anything anymore.

European data watchdogs said on Monday they plan to take action against Google by this summer for its privacy policy, which allows the search engine to pool user data from across all its services ranging from YouTube to Gmail.

The move is the latest in a skirmish between the Web giant and Europe's data protection regulators who view the privacy rules put in place in March by Google as "high risk," although have stopped short of declaring them illegal.

Regulators view the bundling of data on users as potentially constituting a high risk to individuals' privacy.

http://www.nbcnews.c...olicy-1C8415363

#6 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,394 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

btw. the best way to AVOID spider bots is to make sure nobody types in a hot link.

its best to do zodhasadecentjumper dot com. or something to that effect.

#7 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

The most searched term on Bing?

Google.

#8 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

And in fairness to Yahoo, they just use Bing's search engine results, which I suspect is the reason for the ghastly number of Yahoo crawls.

#9 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,312 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

The most searched term on Bing?

Mexican Tranny Midget Sex

Yep

#10 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,662 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

You're not COOL if you don't use Google, and have an iPhone!

#11 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

I was at the mall when M$ was promoting Bing at this big event on stage. They asked a member of the audience to do an on stage "blind test" of google vs. bing. You were supposed to search 10 items and pick which one was most relevant, without knowing if it was bing or googles results. I volunteered, and ended up picking 10/10 in favor of google. When the announcer revealed my results publicly in front of the audience, he was so let down that I picked 100% in googles favor. He literally was like.... 36157015.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com