Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Fox at the Pro-Am also (Charlotte Observer)

101 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol. I'm not the best writer. But don't change subject. I hate it when posters try to all a sudden attack grammars. I enjoy your posts too.

Hey, KC had 7 pro bowlers. They only won 2gms. It's the NFL, everyone has talents.

That's an example of why the Pro Bowl is a joke.

I've talked enough about the past now. I'm ready for 2013 and a playoff birth. All or nothing. No losing.

Posted

I've talked enough about the past now. I'm ready for 2013 and a playoff birth. All or nothing. No losing.

That's the attitude I'm looking for!

Just win baby!

Posted

I think Jake should sing the National Anthem week 1 vs Seattle like how Jerry Stackhouse did for the nets in the Playoffs. What you think??? Lol . Good night buddy.

Posted

Jake needs his own statue outside BOA.

The man was incredible and a clutch QB during his prime.

By that logic Deangelo, Dan Morgan, Kris Jenkins, and Chris Gamble should all get statues too. Statutes are only supposed to be given to players like Ray Lewis, Steve Smith, Tom Brady etc... a once in a decade type player.

Posted

By that logic Deangelo, Dan Morgan, Kris Jenkins, and Chris Gamble should all get statues too. Statutes are only supposed to be given to players like Ray Lewis, Steve Smith, Tom Brady etc... a once in a decade type player.

I can agree with that but Jake certainly deserve more recognition than he gets. He was the leader of our greatest era of Panthers. It doesn't sound like much but that is where we are as a franchise.

Posted

I've got to say anyone that makes a personal attack on someone for having a different opinion comes off as uneducated and immature.

Posted

Are you fuggn kidding me?

If you're a Panthers fan since the Jake Era, you know he earns one.

I can't believe you just wrote that.

Posted

Yes, I wrote that and I stand by it.

Posted

No way dude. As great as Jake was he was an overacheiving talent. Remember, we lost the super bowl. It was our greatest moment of our franchise in one of the best super bowls in NFL history but we still lost. Jake only had a couple of good seasons.

He single handily lost the playoff game in Arizona and pivotal to our collapse in 2009. I love Jake for what he did in his prime but the fact is he doesn't have the numbers or the longevity to earn a statue.

Cam is going to blow Jake away and unless he earns a Superbowl or breaks at least breaks a bunch of records he may not get a statue either. This franchise has only really experienced 3-4 QB's that were worth their name on the back of the jersey, Steve B, Jake D. Matt Moore(barely), and Cam Newton. None of them are HOF material(cam yet to be decided obviously).

Steve Smith is only one that deserves a statue when its all said in done. Consistently the hardest worker on the team, one of the most explosive playmakers to ever play the game, numbers that are approaching HOF status, spent his whole career in CAR. His story is one of the consummate underdog.

2 people like this

Posted

No way dude. As great as Jake was he was an overacheiving talent. Remember, we lost the super bowl. It was our greatest moment of our franchise in one of the best super bowls in NFL history but we still lost. Jake only had a couple of good seasons.

He single handily lost the playoff game in Arizona and pivotal to our collapse in 2009. I love Jake for what he did in his prime but the fact is he doesn't have the numbers or the longevity to earn a statue.

Cam is going to blow Jake away and unless he earns a Superbowl or breaks at least breaks a bunch of records he may not get a statue either. This franchise has only really experienced 3-4 QB's that were worth their name on the back of the jersey, Steve B, Jake D. Matt Moore(barely), and Cam Newton. None of them are HOF material(cam yet to be decided obviously).

Steve Smith is only one that deserves a statue when its all said in done. Consistently the hardest worker on the team, one of the most explosive playmakers to ever play the game, numbers that are approaching HOF status, spent his whole career in CAR. His story is one of the consummate underdog.

Did you watch SB38?? Delhomme was the reason why we were in the damn game. Jake had one of the best playoffs record in NFL history until that Arizona game. The man was clutch.

Sure, Cam is going to blow Jake away in stats. He have yet to blow Jake in wins or comeback victories. Jake won in many ways; pretty or ugly. You go into a game every week knowing you have a chance to win bc you had Jake.

Delhomme earns a damn statue outside BOA for what he did to this franchise, not what he did in the NFL. Thats why I said outside BOA, not inside Canton.

I get the feeling that some of y'all didnt become a panthers fans until 2011, the Cam Bandwagon.

Posted

Why does everyone have to argue about so and so getting a statue?

Just appreciate the player and the era they played in. Every career has highs and lows. No athlete is perfect.

Posted

Why does everyone have to argue about so and so getting a statue?

Just appreciate the player and the era they played in. Every career has highs and lows. No athlete is perfect.

Bc some of these people don't even know who Jake is!