166 replies to this topic

#31 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,736 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Sucks that when talking about DeAngelo we have to listen to a bunch of cap bs, discussions about how he's old, speculation that the team doesn't need him, and how we need to clear his contract money. Dude has been a great team player and hasn't shown the ability drop off and obviously plays his heart out. I choose to let the chips fall where they may, but it would be nice to see him retire a panther with his head held high. Quality player.

there is no scenario where that was ever possible..  I'm sure he intends on playing the next 3-4 years, maybe more..  but it was never going to end in Charlotte...

#32 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 4,902 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Not really. Poor pass protection and lack of ball security are the two biggest things that keep young backs on the bench.

If you can't protect, you don't play.

keep in mind, tolbert and stewart are the main backs used for pass protection.

#33 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

there is no scenario where that was ever possible.. I'm sure he intends on playing the next 3-4 years, maybe more.. but it was never going to end in Charlotte...

Just wishful thinking...I'm fully aware of that.

#34 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 4,902 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

i think williams calls it quits if the panthers release him.

#35 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Everyone tends to forget D money had 200+ yards in the final game of the season. The dude can still ball, it won't do us much good to cut him this year anyways so we might as well keep him on our roster.

#36 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,718 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Everyone tends to forget D money had 200+ yards in the final game of the season. The dude can still ball, it won't do us much good to cut him this year anyways so we might as well keep him on our roster.

I like to think positively but

worst defense ever.

#37 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Against the worst defense in the history of the NFL... in the final game...

#38 Drithe

Drithe

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Imo we need to keep Williams this last year. The cap penalty won't hurt us by dropping him and you can bet he will play his butt off to show other teams he can still play.

End of line.

#39 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

It pisses me off that Williams is viewed as such a thorn in the teams side.
He has done nothing but produce when given the opportunity and become a leader/team player/fan favorite. All this crap was solely brought on from the albatross contract he signed from dumb ass hurney. You can't blame him for signing something like that but you can blame the craptastic GM who gave it to him.

No one blames Williams. Front office created it all.

#40 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,087 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Wait... Wait... Wait...

Did someone seriously suggest that the Jets would give us Revis for DWill?

stfu, that can't be true.

Reality isn't his strongest suit. Actually, sports knowledge isn't his strongest suit, either. 

http://www.carolinah...o-for-darrelle/

#41 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Not really. Poor pass protection and lack of ball security are the two biggest things that keep young backs on the bench.

If you can't protect, you don't play.

I could be wrong...but I think a lot of his ball security issues were related to fielding kicks which would be a completely seperate issue

#42 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,087 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

I like Tauren Poole and Armond Smith more than I do Kenjon, the guy runs scared. 

#43 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

He hardly has any mileage on those legs since being in the NFL (compared to Michael Turner or other feature backs) age should have nothing to do with it.

Its just the fact RB aren't worth poo and we are paying him like hes AP - Getting Barner in the 6th further shows RBs are a dime a dozen, and good ones too

#44 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 4,873 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Barner has to get his pass protection up to snuff or he won't see the field. Otherwise he might as well run out there with a sign saying "IT'S A RUN PLAY!"

#45 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

I like Tauren Poole and Armond Smith more than I do Kenjon, the guy runs scared.

They may be the better true RBs at this point. But I think Barners ability as a pass catcher/option/STs guy is where his advantage will be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.