#1 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,488 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Is that too much for a 29 year old RT? He's not getting too many calls. I wonder if Gettleman would call him and offer him a one year deal?

http://profootballta...et-frustrating/

#2 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Is going tight against the cap worth the upgrade over Bell?  If we were to somehow make this move, we would be completely finished in FA.  Are there not other areas of the team that could use more competition?

#3 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,284 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

If we can do it for 3, then do it!

#4 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,757 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Is he competent at guard?

#5 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,284 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

You know who our best right guard was last season? Bruce Campbell for the limited number of snaps he got for the 1 or 2 games Rivera played him. He played better than Hangartner, G.Williams, Byers and anyone else we tried there. I have no idea why Rivera took him out.

#6 Hartigan

Hartigan

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Unfortunately, the team sounds content with Bell.  I'd sure like to have Winston instead, though.  

#7 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,757 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

You know who our best right guard was last season? Bruce Campbell for the limited number of snaps he got for the 1 or 2 games Rivera played him. He played better than Hangartner, G.Williams, Byers and anyone else we tried there. I have no idea why Rivera took him out.

That's like saying I took one half-court shot and made it, but if asked to do it 10 times i probably would only make the one. Too small of a sample size compared to the others. He struggled mightily in Oakland playing guard. He is a Tackle.

#8 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,284 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

That's like saying I took one half-court shot and made it, but if asked to do it 10 times i probably would only make the one. Too small of a sample size compared to the others. He struggled mightily in Oakland playing guard. He is a Tackle.

All I know is that in the game we played him there, our line got push and we drove all the way down the field. Then Rivera replaced him.

#9 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,657 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Which week was this? I don't recall him even being activated for a game.

#10 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,700 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

if we fix our issues at RG, whoever's playing RT will look instantly better.

#11 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,284 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

i can't remember what it was. It was the week where we tried like 3 different guys there. I think first it was Byers, then G. Williams, then Campbell, then back to G. Williams.

#12 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,488 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

Unfortunately, the team sounds content with Bell. I'd sure like to have Winston instead, though.

I'm afraid bell has reached his ceiling already. He seems more of a back up to me.

#13 Hartigan

Hartigan

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

I'm afraid bell has reached his ceiling already. He seems more of a back up to me.

Yeah.  I'm hoping for the best, but that right side of the line will probably kill us this year.  

#14 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

Is going tight against the cap worth the upgrade over Bell?  If we were to somehow make this move, we would be completely finished in FA.  Are there not other areas of the team that could use more competition?

cutting deangelo williams after june 1 would free up cap space.

#15 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Right side of the line could kill us this year, unless kugbila can start day one and produce. But signing a veteran to start at least one of the positions on the right side would make me alot more comfortable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.