#76 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

No. I'm in the very back corner adjacent to the building and tryon. Boo usually stops by every now and then. 

I'm going to be honest, it's starting to get over run with more and more people (like my ex GF and her current BF) that I don't really care to see and eat all my sh1t and I'm thinking about finding a new spot. It's like people who I know/knew and their friends just kinda go there now. I mean the more the merrier I suppose but I'm seriously considering breaking off from them and finding a new location. 

Two years ago I tailgated with my good friend who is a Falcons fan and all of his family and friends and I brought my Dad out to where he was set up off of Cedar, right up from hartigans. It was a terrible spot. We new someone who had a house across the street so we could go there to use the bathroom. That was the only positive. And they had a keg, too. I was pissed to find out that they had a keg after I already packed a cooler. 

years ago, when I was like 21-22, our main spot was the vacant lot up from the Uptown Cabaret. It was an awesome spot but they built that fuging diner there now so we can't use that place anymore. 

The French Quarter lot is certainly an awesome place to tailgate. Our TG is still incredible but it's starting to get over run with friends of friends, etc. 

You literally set up about 25 feet from us.  We are in the middle row....right up near Tryon.

I will have to stop by this season and say hi.

#77 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

I haven't been to a home game the past two seasons.  But that's because I run the biggest home game after-party in town and start working at 10am.  I go to at least two away games every year.  Always ATL (we usually have 80+ people).  Last year was Philly and this year is Miami and maybe Tampa.  

#78 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,185 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

You get into very unpleasant waters when you try to group fans into "castes". Based on who goes to games, who travels, and who buys shirts. It's better to just accept everyone that considers themselves a fan. While silently thinking this victory is sweeter for you because you didn't poof in 2010.

We have a problem due to PSLs where many of the PSL holders purchased them as an investment. A scheme to make money. Many of our seats are sold online and fans from other markets living in NC will pay any absurd amount to see their team once or twice in an 8 year cycle.

I'm telling you now, when the Panthers are playing well the BofA night game experience is incredible. I've watched the Panthers stampede over the Bucs on a Monday nighter. I've watched an electric crowd against Arizona. (obviously Jake killed the crowd but it was amazing the first drive). To be honest, it's probably easier and just as fun (or more fun) to watch from home. But there is something to be said for saying "I was there". "I saw a Hall of Famer in his prime"

#79 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

It sounds like Southern Cal has a bigger Panther fanbase than I expected. There's a couple of y'all on here. It seems like there's more of y'all than there are in South Carolina. Another reason to rebrand the team as the Charlotte Panthers and drop South/North Carolina. The further you get away from the Charlotte metro area, the less there are Panther fans.

Whoa it's a lot of us down here in sc

#80 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,653 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Live in Galveston, tx.

Was hoping to make it out to Make home game this year, but this year has already put more on my plate in the first few months, then i had all last year.

#81 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

Live in Galveston, tx.

Was hoping to make it out to Make home game this year, but this year has already put more on my plate in the first few months, then i had all last year.

What made you become a panthers fan if you don't mind me asking?

#82 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

I live in Colorado..

But will be making it to BofA for the game right before Xmas

#83 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

What made you become a panthers fan if you don't mind me asking?

Is it really that confusing that people move ? Lol

I mean it has been almost 20 years since the inception of our franchise ..lots of Panther fans spread out around the nation.

Hell, I went to a Panthers/Broncos game party out here in Denver this past season and there were at least a dozen Black & Blue fans there ...

#84 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

I think I'll join in only on the tailgating this season. Isn't there a pot that goes to a charity? I'd rather put my money towards that instead of a ticket to the game.

#85 DenverPantherFamily

DenverPantherFamily

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

where in colorado? Im in denver

I live in Colorado..

But will be making it to BofA for the game right before Xmas

#86 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,724 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

it's easy....i don't live close enough and the trip is too expensive for me and my family.

i do what i can, when i can, how i can.

got a problem with that?

that make you a better fan?

For someone complaining about a pissing contest in another thread, you seem to be doing a fine job of starting one here.

Pot meet kettle.

#87 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,724 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

Will be at all the home games as usual.  Going to be tailgating as well. Although I don't get there as early as Madhatter.........

#88 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

I think I'll join in only on the tailgating this season. Isn't there a pot that goes to a charity? I'd rather put my money towards that instead of a ticket to the game.

Yep...money goes to Toys for Tots.

We actually have quite a few people come out to TG and not go to the game....some go to the bars in the area.

You can often pick up a cheap ticket at the TG as well.  Sometimes you can even get one for free.  I often have an extra or two and give them to anyone willing to make a donation to the bucket.

#89 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

Considering I live in Colorado, I get to watch them once every eight years, if I am lucky.

#90 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

For someone complaining about a pissing contest in another thread, you seem to be doing a fine job of starting one here.

Pot meet kettle.

it was a misunderstanding based on other comments he made in other threads and other discussions in the past with other posters thinking that real fans go to games and those who don't should shut up..

man you're grumpy these days. eat more fiber.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com