Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Ryan Kalil "On Track" For Full Recovery

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez3h

.@Panthers C Ryan Kalil says he's "on track" - not ahead of sked - in recovery from Lisfranc injury. Admits rehab is testing his patience

Panthers C Ryan Kalil (Lisfranc surgery) says he is "on track" in his recovery.

Kalil says the rehab is "testing his patience." Early word in December was that Kalil was expected to be ready for OTAs, but that seems uncertain at this point. The 28-year-old suffered the injury in Week 5 last season and even if he isn't ready for OTAs, he should be all systems go for training camp.

Definitely some good news from Kalil.

9 people like this

Posted · Report post

Good news!

We need Kalil playing at a high level come week 1. His recovery and ability to get back to where he was before his injury is imperative to this teams success on offense this season. 

Posted · Report post

Damn, he's only 28?

Didn't know that...

Posted · Report post

Getting Kahil back is like having a first rounder spent on Oline, it will be huge, and hopefully he can stay on the field.  Silatolu needs to be beside two vets so he can further his development.

Posted · Report post

Im already not getting good vibes about his rehab - weve been through this with other guys too many times.

Early word in December was that Kalil was expected to be ready for OTAs, but that seems uncertain at this point.

Posted · Report post

It sounds like bad news, if anything.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Kalil being ready for OTAs was a best case scenario. He has about 3 months before we really need him. I have no doubt he will be ready well before then.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

as long as he's ready by week 1 and cam has time to work with him, he'll be fine. i doubt he'll push himself back too early. 

I'm not worried.

Posted · Report post

I am not worried, but I thought he was ready to go.  Kalil will be better with some bruising guards beside him because he is not a bruiser himself.  In addition, he will help the young Guards.

I think we are rebuilding the OL gradually.  Next year, we sign the T.  

About his age (28).  A center can play until he is 36 or so, so he could be with us for several more years.   

Posted · Report post

Good news!

We need Kalil playing at a high level come week 1. His recovery and ability to get back to where he was before his injury is imperative to this teams success on offense this season. 

Agree.  If we are going to have a successful season (better than .500 in my mind) than him being healthy and returning to his previous performance level is a necessity.  

Posted · Report post

It sounds like bad news, if anything.

eeumwriduw6tcsvscgto.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Let the man take his time if he needs it. He will be ready.