648 replies to this topic

#431 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

They were one game away from the Super Bowl and had the best record in football wouldn't call it idiotic. I know we are suppose to hate those guys but their clearly doing something right. O yea they surrounded their qb with weapons.

Many of their wins came down to the wire. How did that work out for them in the playoffs with that defense?

#432 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

Many of their wins came down to the wire. How did that work out for them in the playoffs with that defense?

Once we make it to the playoffs or have a damn winning season we can start criticizing Super Bowl contenders and playoff teams.

#433 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• LocationWinston-Salem
HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

The Vikings got back in with a 2nd,3rd,4th and 7th.

We could have gotten back in with a 2nd this year a 2nd next year and a 4th.

LOL...they traded all that to move up to the bottom of the first.

We would've had to find a taker and get in front of the Texans. And we could've done that with two 2nds!?!?!

Remember that trade we made to get into the 2nd for E.Brown? We'd have to trade a 1st OR multiple picks... multiple as in 4-5 picks.

Either way, not very smart.

#434 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

Once we make it to the playoffs or have a damn winning season we can start criticizing Super Bowl contenders and playoff teams.

We came within one first down of sweeping said "playoff team" and "superbowl contender".

Stop posting.

#435 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

DeAngelo Williams/Steve Smith Huddle: Est 2003

• LocationChapel Hill
SUPPORTER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

so we just need to find a fan of a team that "made it to the playoffs or had a damn winning season" to make the same true statement in order for it to mean anything i suppose.

#436 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

We came within one first down of sweeping said "playoff team" and "superbowl contender".

Stop posting.

That we came within one play thing is way over blown so does a lot of teams. So what if we match up well with them and can beat them. Id rather them sweep us ever year and we make the playoffs than us sweep them and watch them go to the NFC championship game.

#437 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

so we just need to find a fan of a team that "made it to the playoffs or had a damn winning season" to make the same true statement in order for it to mean anything i suppose.

My point is who are we to criticize a teams philosophies and strategies when that team is heading to the playoffs every year and we are looking to win back to back winning seasons for the first time in our history. Clearly objectivity isn't allowed here.

#438 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

That we came within one play thing is way over blown so does a lot of teams. So what if we match up well with them and can beat them. Id rather them sweep us ever year and we make the playoffs than us sweep them and watch them go to the NFC championship game.

If we're bad enough to get swept by the Falcons how can we beat the rest of our division and still make the playoffs? You're just getting worse as you go along here. Quit while you're ahead.

#439 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• LocationChapel Hill
SUPPORTER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

forcing an offense in to a situation where they have to play error-free football in order to have a chance at winning is 1. unrealistic and 2. unsustainable.  that's the falcons' problem and ultimately what bit them in the ass in the playoffs.  they blew big second half leads in two straight games and it cost them a trip to the super bowl when they ran up against the 49ers in the NFC championship game.

fielding a defense that can give our quarterback as many possessions as possible and can mitigate mistakes by limiting points off turnovers is useful and it's something that wins games in this league.

#440 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• LocationChapel Hill
SUPPORTER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

My point is who are we to criticize a teams philosophies and strategies when that team is heading to the playoffs every year and we are looking to win back to back winning seasons for the first time in our history. Clearly objectivity isn't allowed here.

"the panthers haven't made the playoffs but the falcons have so panthers fans have no right to say anything about the falcons even if it's 100% rooted in fact" isn't anything close to an objective analysis of the situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users