Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jarhead

With 8.46 million do we go shopping or sign Hardy?

155 posts in this topic

Hardy is much more valuable to the team than some might realize. If I'm not mistaken Hardy was the one taking on the LT most of the time last season.

you sound baffled at the idea that a GM who watches a poo ton of game film, who made it priority to get right to work as soon as he got the job to see who exactly was on this team, then cannot figure out within 6 months the versatility and talent Hardy brings to the table...  

Only to respond with a question that was answered throughout this thread over and over...     

but hey, maybe Gettleman wants to gamble and wait a year..  

you answer your own question

you answer your own question

if only the points you try to convey didn't get lost within your confusion of a discussion.  

it's one of several possibilities, but allow me to digress, as we wait the next 6 months for Gettleman to assess the anomaly known as The Kraken..

maybe in 3 years, he'll have become one with the Kraken and discover the truth path of enlightenment.. 

or maybe he's seen enough game film to sign Hardy before he breaks out, again.

if only the points you try to convey didn't get lost within your confusion of a discussion.

it's one of several possibilities, but allow me to digress, as we wait the next 6 months for Gettleman to assess the anomaly known as The Kraken..

maybe in 3 years, he'll have become one with the Kraken and discover the truth path of enlightenment..

or maybe he's seen enough game film to sign Hardy before he breaks out, again.

You really think a new GM is going to just walk to a new place and give a new contract to a player he has no relationship with until now. The season hasn't even started and he is going to start giving out contracts to everyone just bc he watched some damn films of the guy???

C'mon. It's a new market. Players don't have the leverage they once had. It's a GM driven market now. The last DE in the NFL to land a big contract was CJ. No other team is going to throw a big contract to Hardy's face next offseason. Avril and Bennett had a damn hard time landing a job this offseason. What makes you think anyone is going to throw something stupid at him?? Teams rather draft and groom a young guy out of the draft than paying a veteran big money.

You really think a new GM is going to just walk to a new place and give a new contract to a player he has no relationship with until now. The season hasn't even started and he is going to start giving out contracts to everyone just bc he watched some damn films of the guy???

C'mon. It's a new market. Players don't have the leverage they once had. It's a GM driven market now. The last DE in the NFL to land a big contract was CJ. No other team is going to throw a big contract to Hardy's face next offseason. Avril and Bennett had a damn hard time landing a job this offseason. What makes you think anyone is going to throw something stupid at him?? Teams rather draft and groom a young guy out of the draft than paying a veteran big money.

you're assumptions are always entertaining.  how you jump from one thing to another without credence.  

no one mentioned CJ-esque size contracts or throwing something stupid at him.  However, that's actually my point, regardless of what the market is commanding next year, this year would still benefit the Panthers more.  

What the market commands next year doesn't explain why Gettleman needs to feed his ego/pride by signing only "his guys".

Nor does this weird assumption that it takes 6 months to know the talent on your roster, which he reportedly did as SOON as he got the GM job.   You know, being a "pro scout" everyone raves over, as well as being a film junky..  

Nor how Osi being a little bitch every other year about his contract says anything about Hardy's versatility, ability to play majority of the snaps, how he took CJ's job from him, and still wouldn't command that much.  

And seeing as how he asked for a new contract before his old one ran out means he's willing to play ball to stay in Carolina.  Where is the "something stupid" contract coming from in that argument?

Are you telling me Gettleman doesn't look at the big picture?  That locking up Hardy at some point this year must be done right now, right now?  But not this year because Cam Newton's contract is going to be completely and utterly cap friendly.  What's a few extra million in cap, whether it's 2 mil per year or 5 mil..

or is it just better to be safe than sorry?  sure, everyone will have their opinion..  although, how you come up with yours is worth a fun little discussion.

Just stick to "I want to see what he does this year so I think that's what Gettleman should do."

Find me a new GM on the job who's already giving money to players other than signing FAs. That was a stupid point.

stupid doesn't begin to explain how you think watching film from a FA is any different than watching film of players on the new team you just signed with...

you're assumptions are always entertaining. how you jump from one thing to another without credence. no one mentioned CJ-esque size contracts, and all those points further enhance why locking up Hardy early would be a major benefit to the team should Gettleman go that route.

Find me a new GM on the job who's already giving money to players other than signing FAs. That was a stupid point.

I think that we should just hang on to the money until next year. We have an a pretty good team right now. If we get anything it should be a upgrade on Hangartner at RG. Even then we don't need to go get a huge contract guy.

I'd like to give him some big money just for telling the Falcons to get off his fugging field.

Next stop, the planet.

you're assumptions are always entertaining.  how you jump from one thing to another without credence.  

no one mentioned CJ-esque size contracts or throwing something stupid at him.  However, that's actually my point, regardless of what the market is commanding next year, this year would still benefit the Panthers more.  

What the market commands next year doesn't explain why Gettleman needs to feed his ego/pride by signing only "his guys".

Nor does this weird assumption that it takes 6 months to know the talent on your roster, which he reportedly did as SOON as he got the GM job.   You know, being a "pro scout" everyone raves over, as well as being a film junky..  

Nor how Osi being a little bitch every other year about his contract says anything about Hardy's versatility, ability to play majority of the snaps, how he took CJ's job from him, and still wouldn't command that much.  

And seeing as how he asked for a new contract before his old one ran out means he's willing to play ball to stay in Carolina.  Where is the "something stupid" contract coming from in that argument?

Are you telling me Gettleman doesn't look at the big picture?  That locking up Hardy at some point this year must be done right now, right now?  But not this year because Cam Newton's contract is going to be completely and utterly cap friendly.  What's a few extra million in cap, whether it's 2 mil per year or 5 mil..

or is it just better to be safe than sorry?  sure, everyone will have their opinion..  although, how you come up with yours is worth a fun little discussion.

Just stick to "I want to see what he does this year so I think that's what Gettleman should do."

stupid doesn't begin to explain how you think watching film from a FA is any different than watching film of players on the new team you just signed with...

Why did you re-add stuffs to your post?

If it only takes 6 months to know your talents, why did John Dorsey tried trading away one of the best LT in the NFL the last 5 years in Branden Albert? Why did John Idzik trade away Revis Island who is literally the best CB in the NFL? Why arent those GMs paying those men? Tell me?? Those guys werent drafted by them. Gman is not going to give Hardy a contract just bc Carolina fans are telling him to.

As far as I'm concern, Hardy has two seasons left in Charlotte. He's under contract through this year, and Gman can still "franchise" Hardy in 2014 if he likes him enough. Like I have said multiple times before, Gman has "leverage" over Hardy. Who's stupid enough to not use it? Probably only you.

I do believe the best idea is getting him a new deal now.  I am sold on him.  We don't need another season to see whether he is good enough.  HE IS..   An extension but a 3 or 4 yr extension.

1 person likes this

If he's not extended and has a season where he becomes out of our price range.. then i'd swallow that pill and accept the 3rd round compensatory pick that floats our way. Just sayin

Why did you re-add stuffs to your post?

If it only takes 6 months to know your talents, why did John Dorsey tried trading away one of the best LT in the NFL the last 5 years in Branden Albert? Why did John Idzik trade away Revis Island who is literally the best CB in the NFL? Why arent those GMs paying those men? Tell me?? Those guys werent drafted by them. Gman is not going to give Hardy a contract just bc Carolina fans are telling him to.

As far as I'm concern, Hardy has two seasons left in Charlotte. He's under contract through this year, and Gman can still "franchise" Hardy in 2014 if he likes him enough. Like I have said multiple times before, Gman has "leverage" over Hardy. Who's stupid enough to not use it? Probably only you.

I've added stuff to posts for years since the internet is all about context.  For instance, why would I ever compare Hardy, who fits perfectly in our system, to a guy who recently had an ACL tear, bitches about his contract every year, and takes up a lot of cap space?  Why would I ever compare Brandon Albert who is completely unhappy with his situation to a player who asked to get a contract extension to stick around...?

context..  who's stupid enough not to use it?  well, as you throw simple jabs that do not display any relevance to the situation, you are.. lol

the only point you've really made that makes any sense to the situation is we do have 2 years to keep him around..  but every year you let him "walk", Hardy gains leverage.  Something else you fail to understand: how leverage works.