Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam Newton poised for breakout year - ESPN

93 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I know everyone hates on Pat Y, myself included.  Very rarely does he praise Carolina so I figured this was worth a post.

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Wow, for once someone isn't shitting all over us.

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

I think this will be a great year for the Panthers (and Newton). With a loaded backfield, it will allow us to run a more traditional offense as cited by the aforementioned article. One thing I would like to see though, is more two TE setups with Barner used for pass catch package.

Posted · Report post

not only did they let him be more of a passer the last half of the season. But Cam started figuring out that taking what the defense gives you instead of forcing it is a better option. That's why his TD/INT ration was ridiculously good the last half.  I expect great things from Cam this year.

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

Fucking right.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

A mildly intelligent article from ESPN about the Panthers?  Hell freezing over?

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

wow...this is gonna get some comments.

Yeah, I’ll even step out on a limb and say he has a better 2013 season than Wilson, Kaepernick, Luck and RG III. 

Why? 

Several reasons pop to mind, but let’s start with this -- Newton has more all-around talent than any of those guys. 

Luck can pass nicely, but opposing defenses don’t have to game plan for his running ability. Wilson, RG III and Kaepernick each have some throwing ability, but they aren’t pure pocket passers, and their big 2012 seasons came largely because of their mobility. 

Newton is capable of more than any of those guys, because he’s as mobile as RG III, Kaepernick and Wilson. At the same time, he’s as good a pocket passer as Luck.

i think it's true, though.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I just hope our o line improves - that will be key for Cam having a big year.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Those of us who love Cam are going to love this article. Those among us with a more realistic approach are going to say, nothing in that article proves Cam is ready to be THE MAN.

The talent is their. It is up to Shula and Cam to bring it out to its fullest. Once that happens. We are going to be fuuuuun to watch.

Posted · Report post

Pat Yasinskis is a fuggin mor......wait, he said something positive? All Hail Pat Y!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

The rest of the country isn't going to like an article about us, or Cam, with a positive tone...but I found it enjoyable to read one that praised Newton for his abilities as a QB without falling back on "but we have to rank him low because he pouted some".  I generally think Yasinskas is an ass but I enjoyed reading this article and I hope he's right.

For what it's worth, at the very least, he is exactly right about a slightly more traditional approach to the offense than we started last year being good for the team overall and Cam specifically (we saw this late last year).  I'm not as sold on Shula as he is but Shula is who we have so I hope he's wildly successful at it.

2 people like this