Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobcats/Hornets Interview Ben McLemore, Kelly Olynyk, Michael Carter-Williams, and Otto Porter At The Combine

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

My wishlist:

Noel

Oladipo

McLemore

Shabazz

Wouldn't mind a trade down if Noel isn't there, since he's the "surest" thing to an All-Star caliber guy in the draft.  Just land another nice piece, even if it's a guy you could see yourself trading or trading a current player to make room for, and hope for the best in 2014.

Posted · Report post

Cody Zeller absolutely breasted the combine, I just wish his game was more polished.

Posted · Report post

Cody Zeller absolutely breasted the combine, I just wish his game was more polished.

I would not invest a lottery pick with him. 

Many of the big men in this draft are guys I would not touch if I were a GM.

Olynyck 

Plumlee

Zeller

Len

Stay away. 

Posted · Report post

Yeah that Adams kid out of Pitt looks like the best prospect out of the bigs to me (outside of Noel).

I'm actually coming around to Bennett out of UNLV too.

Right now, only players I really like are Noel, Oladipo, Bennett, and Adams (from what I've seen).  In all honesty, we're probably going to need to trade down.

Posted · Report post

I would not invest a lottery pick with him.

Many of the big men in this draft are guys I would not touch if I were a GM.

Olynyck
Plumlee
Zeller
Len

Stay away.

Disagree with your assessment of Len, Len will be a solid player; the only reason he didn't live up to his potential at Maryland is because he wasn't the focal point of the offense with players like Dez Wells and Nick Faust taking the majority of the shots.

Posted · Report post

Yeah that Adams kid out of Pitt looks like the best prospect out of the bigs to me (outside of Noel).

I'm actually coming around to Bennett out of UNLV too.

Right now, only players I really like are Noel, Oladipo, Bennett, and Adams (from what I've seen). In all honesty, we're probably going to need to trade down.

Adams is not a good player... at all. I remember tuning in to his games to check him out and brings little to the game other than rebounding. No offensive game and suspect on defense.

Posted · Report post

Talk that Shabazz is dropping like a stone, might even fall out of lottery, having a bad combine.

Also that French big man Rudy Gobert is tearing it up, and moving up.

Posted · Report post

DP

Posted · Report post

I just watched the Nerlens Noel one-on-one interview with one of the Bobcats reporters and Noel mentions that he is very good friends with MKG... hopefully the Bobcats get the luck of the draw and are able to make him a Bobcat.

Posted · Report post

It just sucks...  Why can't we win the lottery in a year where there is a go-to offensive player/scorer who isn't coming off of a major injury?

I like Noel, but our problem historically has been our lack of offense and I don't see him changing that.

Also, I'd like to add that I forgot Cannon was in this draft.  I think he could be a steal for someone and be a scoring threat in the NBA.

Posted · Report post

Someone said that during Canaan's workout that he hit 16 straight NBA three's.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Someone said that during Canaan's workout that he hit 16 straight NBA three's.

That is awesome.  Doesn't surprise me at all.  I've been a big fan of his game since Murray St. made that big run the season before last. 

Dude is explosive and a natural scorer...  He's the kind of guy I would love to get, but I just don't see how it would work out with Kemba.  Then again, the trend seems to be going towards more small ball.  I think he has Damian Lillard-type potential.