66 replies to this topic

#31 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,961 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

You wanna know what really sucks about this play for me personally?  I was huddled around a small cell phone screen watching this about 20 mins before I got married.  What was to be the most memorable day of my life (and still is) was marred by this heinous act.  I too get nauseous when I see this play.

That's awesome....and terrible.  

#32 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

Sorry but none of that play could be attributed to norman. Nakamura has a duty as a safety to not let anyone behind him, and he allowed roddy to, its as much a fundamental part of playing the safety position as catching the ball is for the WR postition... thats why you saw him plaing 99 yards off the ball the following weeks.

Agree...

And would add that it wasn't a particularly good throw by Ryan or a a great catch by White. Nakamura tried to catch a hail mary pass falling down. Very few, if any, other starting safeties in the NFL would have allowed that completion. Knock it down or go up for the INT. But always, always, always attack the ball at its highest point. Can't do that falling down.

#33 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

That's awesome....and terrible.  

The only thing that saved me was that I spent the next seven days knee deep in Rum drinks, Jamaican  sand and my wife.

#34 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet23s

Charles Woodson update, via agent Carl Poston. He plans on visiting #Raiders on Tuesday. He received an offer from #Broncos, is still open

#35 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

Come on Getts, get out there and be somebody!!  Don't let the Raiders bid you up.  Give Woody the deal he can't walk away from, if he tries to leave "explain" the situation to him again!

#36 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

To be fair (and yes Nak sucked that day and all season)....but Norman was so out of position and beaten on the play that it was just pathetic.

He was as much to blame as Nak.

THIS.... I've been saying since last year that people blame nak for that play but Norman put him in bad situation.

#37 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

So if we went after Woodson, are we saying Woodson at FS and Godfrey at SS? I thought Getts and Rivera firmly said Godfrey was playing FS this year.

#38 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,123 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

The funny thing about Godfrey is that he still sucks, he is just the least of the terrible S's that we employ.

#39 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,119 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet23s
Charles Woodson update, via agent Carl Poston. He plans on visiting #Raiders on Tuesday. He received an offer from #Broncos, is still open

if we have to compete for him then the panthers won't get him, as usual

#40 89 Bottom Line

89 Bottom Line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Norman and Nak both fug'd up. Nak should be working at bojangles after final cuts are made this year. After that play I honestly would have been happy if pickles or JR started at safety the next game. It looks like right when Nak was about to make a play his pants fell down.

#41 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

Im gonna play devils advocate and say that Woodson wouldn't be all that much help. Who's to say that he would have made the play against Atlanta? He's not the same player he was. Doesn't matter how many all pro selections you have if you dont have the ability anymore.

That said I'd like to have him because he probably would be an upgrade but I don't think he guarantees us any wins.

#42 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Im gonna play devils advocate and say that Woodson wouldn't be all that much help. Who's to say that he would have made the play against Atlanta? He's not the same player he was. Doesn't matter how many all pro selections you have if you dont have the ability anymore.

That said I'd like to have him because he probably would be an upgrade but I don't think he guarantees us any wins.

I think the whole mentor angle is overblown as well. Even Smitty talks about not actively trying to teach the young guys unless they ask him. Who's to say Woodson is any different?

#43 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

I think I could have won us the ATL game.  Seriously... to this day whenever I see that replay I have no idea what in the fug Nakamura was trying to do.  It's like he just kinda'... fell backwards like he was going all John Woo/Matrix bullet time or some poo.

falcons.gif

Jesus, that's like the worst attempt at an interception I've ever seen, and he was in such an awesome position to make a play on the ball too.  Hell if anything just throw a goddamn hand up and swat that bastard away.

Everytime I see that play I just cringe. I was watching the game with a Falcon fan. He had admitted defeat before this point and I had thought I won a free meal then....this happened and he acted a fool in that bar lol

#44 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

i still don't get the godfrey hate but for the right price i'd get him looks unlikely now though.

#45 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,338 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

The worst part about it is that he back peddled to the ball? Wtf?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com