Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Obama pulls a Bill Cosby

pstall    5,759

so instead of corporate buzz words remove the huddle buzz words?

i'm down with that.

Kevin Greene    11,967

Anyone have stats for the number of Native American Indians slaughtered vs those sent to slavery.?

Those silly 17th/18th Century Europeans thought of Indians more as Buffalo than people me thinks.

PhillyB    40,338

well until pope paul 3 issued a papal bull in 1537 banning the enslavement of the native americans by declaring that they were, in fact, human beings, they were counted as the spawns of satan (literally) and therefore worthy of death because theological understandings at the time suggested that shem, ham, and japheth's lineages were accounted for in europe, asia and africa, and since the bible is literally true where could those brown people have come from other than beezlebub himself? duh

of course that didn't stop anyone from treating them pretty much like buffalo anyway but i guess it wasn't officially sanctioned by the church anymore if that makes anyone feel any better

Chimera    3,446

well until pope paul 3 issued a papal bull in 1537 banning the enslavement of the native americans by declaring that they were, in fact, human beings, they were counted as the spawns of satan (literally) and therefore worthy of death because theological understandings at the time suggested that shem, ham, and japheth's lineages were accounted for in europe, asia and africa, and since the bible is literally true where could those brown people have come from other than beezlebub himself? duh

of course that didn't stop anyone from treating them pretty much like buffalo anyway but i guess it wasn't officially sanctioned by the church anymore if that makes anyone feel any better

It was annulled a year later but only applied to those who converted to Christianity

PhillyB    40,338

well european hegemony and exploitation of meso and south america wasn't harmed by it, nor was similar treatment of native americans early on, or later on even

good thing for manifest destiny huh

Not to be rude, but Zod, you realize you just said "interesting read" to the very paper you posted earlier in this thread?

And the very quote Floppin just pasted was the quote Godspin pasted a couple pages ago?

Zod's post of the article: 

Godspin's Quote:

Edit: tbh, threads like this make me wonder how the Tinderbox would go if we were all forced to post anonymously :P

lmbo

i heavily insinuated that he didn't read it because the conclusion actually aligns with my argument

then this dude had the nerve to go "interesting read!"

im dying

Native Americans didn't sell their own to the highest bidder. Very distinct dif in the two.

no. YOU guys are the ones jumping to conclusions and its very disturbing to be painted as a racist without the mere attempt to get more to the post. at least mav dug and tried to see where i was coming from.

you can pin me on stuff when im wrong etc. i have no problems ever admiting I'm wrong.

but to come across with this self righteous piety racial doberman gang chintzy punk garbage is for 14 year olds.

follow the topic and the posts. i said what i said.mav comes in and goes do what? i respond to give more details and thats it.

hahaha

getout.gif

You still don't get it. You are so eager to find racism and paint it with that brush that you are willfully ignoring the actual conversation. It's lazy.

*sees paper he cited in defense of his unfounded position that actually contradicts his argument*

Interesting read, thanks!

Zod: "Are blacks capable?"

You: "As a whole, no."

This is a great message for someone who rehabilitiates inmates to espouse, which I believe I've read you mention is your job. Make sure you let them know that the system is racist (but only towards them). Few more generations of folks learning this message and we'll pity ourselves right out of this situation altogether.

not my job, just know the ppl who ran the organization until the sequester killed their funding. also they don't "rehabilitiate" (sic), they help to reintegrate. there's a difference.

also you're still posting a straw man. tell me, are you always this resistant to the scientific process? or is it only when literature fails to support lew rockwell's gut feelings?

e: oh and i'm the only one in this thread who has advocated actual intervention, yet the straw man you're attacking just wants to "pity ourselves right out of this situation altogether"

Mainly because everything you have posted, while legitimate social issues, fails to address the question at hand.

you literally defended yourself with an article that suggests that these "legitimate social issues" are at the heart of the unreasonably high single-parent home rate.

Also, only a complete paranoid race obsessive person would assume it came from stormfront. Its everywhere in the media. You should calm down and not assume everyone has a white hood in their closet. I had never heard of stormfront before so I googled it the other day. Spent about thirty seconds on their site, shook my head, and haven't been back. Its sad such ignorance has such a large following.

so when they blame black ppl for their problems, how is that different than when you blame black ppl for their problems?

All of your stances have come undone by the simple fact that things are worse now than they were from 1890-1960 when there was more racism, more oppression. more poverty, and less government programs. If anything it is a testament of how strong black families are, being able to survive much tougher times a century ago.

"all of your stances have come undone"

*posts statistics that he cannot even begin to interpret*

*poses false dichotomies rather than articulate his position*

*posts articles in defense of his stormfront bullshit that actually argue against his own fuging position llllooooollllll*

Yet you say today they are not capable of living lawful lives and raising strong families because of today's racism/oppression/effects of slavery. I don't accept that. History tells us not to accept that.

whose history? white history?

So what factors have caused a nose dive in minority marriages since 1960? I have no clue, but I know it is not the things you list because history tells us.

no poo

also this is equivalent to saying "i have no clue about physics but i do know that string theory is bullshit." do you have no clue, or are you reluctant to post what you actually believe?

One theory is that welfare has contributed to the breakdown of not just black families, but all poor families. Black families are affected disproportionately because they are more likely to be in poverty, which I can certainly accept has to do with systematic racism/oppression/etc. 

i assume you're using "theory" in the colloquial sense because this is treading dangerously to welfare queen bullshit, and completely fuging ignores studies showing just how much harder it is for black ppl to get a job

">