#31 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

I dont see anything in your post talking about Chicago or the murder victims.

You posted 2 links to national stats about "unwed mothers" and "single parent" homes. Nothing stating that fathers are not present as 2 people do not have to be commonlaw married to have children. The government also considers homes of widowed women to be "single parents". It is true, blacks dont get married at the rate of whites, but they also dont have as high a divorce rate.

Zod you said you saw a link saying 70% of the inner city kids in Chicago came from "single parent" homes. Produce the link.

Basically you're implying that only women and children live in the inner city of Chicago and there are no men around at all.

#32 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

How do you fix that though? The unemployment rate for blacks with a college education is fairly low. The high unemployment problem in the black community is largely due to a significantly higher number of blacks not having college degrees or even high school degrees.

Blacks do not control the HR departments or institutions that decide who gets jobs. There are plenty of qualified people unemployed black and white. So its not totally based on "qualifications". There has never been a point in US history where blacks have had a lower unemployment rate than whites outside of slavery era. Traditionally, when whites unemployment goes high, black unemployment goes even higher. The saying "last hired, first fired" applies to blacks. One way to fix it, is to stress ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT and OWNERSHIP. Stop relying on white people to give you a job and create your own business. Invest in your own communities. Blacks spend a lot of dollars commercially, pooling some of that money into their own community would do a lot of good.

#33 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

I dont see anything in your post talking about Chicago or the murder victims.

You posted 2 links to national stats about "unwed mothers" and "single parent" homes. Nothing stating that fathers are not present as 2 people do not have to be commonlaw married to have children. The government also considers homes of widowed women to be "single parents". It is true, blacks dont get married at the rate of whites, but they also dont have as high a divorce rate.

Zod you said you saw a link saying 70% of the inner city kids in Chicago came from "single parent" homes. Produce the link.

Basically you're implying that only women and children live in the inner city of Chicago and there are no men around at all.

No, I am implying men are around, just not raising their sons. I posted the link for Illinois.

Shall we wager if the shooter of that innocent girl came from a broken home?

#34 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

No, I am implying men are around, just not raising their sons. I posted the link for Illinois.

Shall we wager if the shooter of that innocent girl came from a broken home?

If they are around what are they doing Zod? I'd love to hear what you think is going on.

And yes you are racially stereotyping. 70% of people imprisoned for violent and sexual acts against kids are white. Is it safe to say there are a lot of kids being molested out there in Lake Norman because it is a predominately white area?

Stick to the FACTS and not racial stereotypes and assumptions.

#35 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

You still aren't getting it.

Census data shows 74% of black homes in Illinois are single parent. That is not a stereotype, it is data.

I think it is a problem. You don't.

We can leave it at that.

#36 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Census data shows white males molest and commit violent acts against their children more than double that of blacks.

I think it is a problem. You don't acknowledge it.

What it is has to do with Chicago gang violence I do not know.

i asked you to provide a link that said 70% of the inner city kids in CHICAGO lived in single parent homes. Or a link stating that about the victims or those apprehended. You have not.

By the way, Charlotte's mayor is a product of a "single parent" inner city home. Explain to me why your theory doesnt apply to him?

#37 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

You are giving statistics about an extremely minute percentage of the general population.

I am giving statistics about the general population.

Do you see the difference?

#38 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

By the way, Charlotte's mayor is a product of a "single parent" inner city home. Explain to me why your theory doesnt apply to him?

Because not every child born in a single parent home goes bad? They are just at higher risk, it isn't a definite.

#39 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

It is not a "minute" percentage. There are registered sex offenders and child molestors all over this country. You can pull em up on the internets.

Zod, why doesnt your theory apply to Mayor Anthony Foxx?

Also, do you think blacks should be more self reliant and stop waiting on whites to employ them and start their own businesses?

Zod do you shop at any black owned businesses that you know of?

#40 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,481 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

I have no idea who owns the businesses I shop at... heh.

#41 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

I have no idea who owns the businesses I shop at... heh.

You've never been to a chinese restaurant?

A mexican restaurant?

A greek store?

#42 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

It is not a "minute" percentage. There are registered sex offenders and child molestors all over this country. You can pull em up on the internets.

Zod, why doesnt your theory apply to Mayor Anthony Foxx?

Also, do you think blacks should be more self reliant and stop waiting on whites to employ them and start their own businesses?

Zod do you shop at any black owned businesses that you know of?

Ok, try to keep up. I will spell this out for you slowly, because obviously you aren't getting it.

1) The percentage of male sex offenders compared to the sum males in this country IS extremely minute.

Don't believe me? Well lets do a quick google...

http://www.statistic...der-statistics/

Total number of sex offenders in the USA.... 747,408 and just to play along with you lets just pretend all are men just for fun.

Yeah, thats a lot of sex offenders. So how many men are in the USA? 146,885,000

So lets apply some basic math skills.... That is about one half of one percent.

Do you consider one half of one percent to be a minute percentage? I do.

You have been corrected. You are welcome.

2) No where did I say all kids that come from broken homes turn bad. I am only suggesting it stacks the odds against them.

3) I think everyone should start their own businesses and stop suckling the corporate teet regardless of color.

4) No idea. I shop at places that provide good service and have products or services that interest me. The color of the owner does not matter to me.

#43 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,481 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

You've never been to a chinese restaurant?

A mexican restaurant?

A greek store?

I've been in "ethnic" stores, but I don't know that I have ever asked who owns them or could tell.  Because growing up I knew a white family that owned several chinese restaurants, I don't assume.  Maybe that makes me stupid, but it never crosses my mind.

Though I have to admit I do know the owners of a restaurant I visit (they are lebanese) and I also got to chat with the owner of a local barber shop I just started going to (though I couldn't tell you his exact ethnicity though "african american" might have fit him, he sounded like he had a bit of an accent so I'd rather not put a label on him without finding out first).

#44 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

Ok, try to keep up. I will spell this out for you slowly, because obviously you aren't getting it.

1) The percentage of male sex offenders compared to the sum males in this country IS extremely minute.

Don't believe me? Well lets do a quick google...

http://www.statistic...der-statistics/

Total number of sex offenders in the USA.... 747,408 and just to play along with you lets just pretend all are men just for fun.

Yeah, thats a lot of sex offenders. So how many men are in the USA? 146,885,000

So lets apply some basic math skills.... That is about one half of one percent.

Do you consider one half of one percent to be a minute percentage? I do.

You didnt count the nearly 300,000 under supervision. And thats just registered sex offenders in population. Doesnt account for the # of people incarcerated for violent and sexual acts against kids (like a Sandusky). And it doesnt account for unreported cases. 70% of people locked up for crimes of a sexual nature or violent nature against kids are white. That is a lot. The states with the most sex offenders, Delaware, Oregon, & Vermont have a very small percentage of blacks living there

2) No where did I say all kids that come from broken homes turn bad. I am only suggesting it stacks the odds against them.

You basically portrayed that as the SOLE reason and haven't offered many other factors to inner city life. It was basically if everyone was married the gangs would go away. You also never gave the link that showed you "70% of the inner city kids in Chicago are in single parent homes"

3) I think everyone should start their own businesses and stop suckling the corporate teet regardless of color.

Thats not what I asked you. I was very specific. If you can speak on black family structure you can speak on black economics.

4) No idea. I shop at places that provide good service and have products or services that interest me. The color of the owner does not matter to me.

Fair enough

#45 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

If you want to deter crime you have to make it less profitable than "honest" work.

I say honest in quotes because our perception of what honest work is is pretty skewed

I'd say Kenneth Lay did more harm than any gang banger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.