Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quentin Jammer

68 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

i see people say this about players already on the team quite often and i've even said so myself in the past, but i'm more concerned with getting the best players on the field and winning than just seeing what some unknown commodities with promise have.

i'm more interested with winning than i am appeasing my curiousity re: young players.

if he's affordable and he can make us better....go get him. if the young guys can't beat him for a spot, move along.

In my opinion, we basically operated as a farm team for the last 3-5 years, possibly more...  So, the days of "we don't need to sign X let Y develop," are over.  You still draft talent that you expect to contribute immediately, but you don't count on every pick in rounds 3-7 to be starters like we did under Hurney.

Taking all that into consideration, we have plenty of homegrown talent already developed on this team.  It's now time to add the much needed complimentary pieces to complete the process and put us in a position to compete for a Super Bowl NOW.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thought about making this thread myself. Would love if we brought in Jammer. I wouldn't mind him and Florence starting while our younger corners sat back a season and learned.

Posted · Report post

He was available when we signed Flo. If he was gonna be a panther it wouldve happened

Posted · Report post

Big, Physical, Smart, Hitter

No ball skills, the closer the call the game the worse he is, lots of hands in his game.

Seems to have lost some speed honestly.

As a good S yes, I can see it.

Posted · Report post

He was available when we signed Flo. If he was gonna be a panther it wouldve happened

Not necessarily...  Could've been too expensive for us at the time considering we had less cap space at that time.

Posted · Report post

for the right price? hell yeah

Posted · Report post

Jammer as an FS or SS? SS seems to be more of a need than FS since they are putting Godfrey back there full time. No need in rotating his $3.7M contract with a new FA. Now Quintin Mikell on the other hand...

Posted · Report post

Actually he hasn't been released yet so the answer to your comment is NO he wasn't available.   Jammer is expecting to be released but hasn't been as of now. 

Probably June 1 cut.

Posted · Report post

Actually he hasn't been released yet so the answer to your comment is NO he wasn't available.   Jammer is expecting to be released but hasn't been as of now. 

Probably June 1 cut.

Umm from the article that you posted

Jammer is an unrestricted free agent at the moment, with no clear job prospects.

Posted · Report post

im fine with our guys.

Posted · Report post

Actually he hasn't been released yet so the answer to your comment is NO he wasn't available. Jammer is expecting to be released but hasn't been as of now.

Probably June 1 cut.

WRONG would be the reply to your comment.

Posted · Report post

inb4 carolina chargers?