#151 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,164 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

Can'y wait to see M.J mess up this pick also. Hopefully Mclemore will fall to us, if not Anthony bennett or otto porter would be our best bet. 

MJ does not make the pick. He gave all drafting responsibilities to Cho. And Cho has the best system of breaking down and scouting players of any gm in the NBA. We just get screwed where we draft at every year.

#152 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,814 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

I just don't see McLemore falling past Orlando... yes they need a point guard, but when you have a chance to land a super star at a position of need; well you take him.

I could potentially seeing us getting fugged with Noel, McLemore, and Bennett going one, two, and three.

I dont know. Trey Burke is a highly thought of prospect even though no one talks about him. The PG position is a very important one in today's NBA. It'll be too hard to pass up on Burke at the no.2 spot. The only way Orlando would take someone other than Burke (Noel), is if they had the no.1 pick. Noel would have been too hard to pass up on.

#153 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,814 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Freshly updated draftexpress.com mock has us taking Oladipo #4.

Noel, McLemore, Bennett go 1,2,3

I rather trade down. Portland is in love with Oladipo. I dont know if I would trade all the way down to the 10th spot, but I dont know if I love Victor enough there. Maybe Shabazz at 10??

#154 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,321 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

To be fair, have we ever not sucked?

Touche.gif

#155 JefDav84

JefDav84

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Do not know if this has been posted elsewhere, but here is a behind the scenes on the lottery process from tonight. http://www.nba.com/2...=iref:nbahpt13a

#156 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

I have NEVER understood the point of the lottery. It doesn't stop teams from tanking(honestly it makes it worse) and by constantly screwing the terrible teams over by denying them good talent they continue to suck. One of the biggest appeals the NFL has is parody you'd think the NBA would figure that it and copy the model. I guess they are completely content with only 5-6 of their markets giving a poo though while half the teams struggle to be profitable.

#157 Wesmesss

Wesmesss

Panthers/ECU/Bobcats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

Fug it, I really like Bennett at 4 if he's there. Reminds me a lot of Larry "Grandmama" Johnson. Perfect timing for him to throw on the purple and teal

#158 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,814 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

Fug it, I really like Bennett at 4 if he's there. Reminds me a lot of Larry "Grandmama" Johnson. Perfect timing for him to throw on the purple and teal

Bennett and McLemore are the only two guys I want at no.4 if there. Anyone else and I'd trade down in a heart beat.

#159 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

Trade for a Round 1 next year. Potential for four 1st round picks? Bound to hit #1 somehow.

#160 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,540 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Trade for a Round 1 next year. Potential for five 1st round picks? Bound to hit #1 somehow.

I was actually thinking about that, trade our first round this year for a first next year and a player...

#161 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,814 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

I was actually thinking about that, trade our first round this year for a first next year and a player...

In that case, we'd easily be in contention for the Andrew Wiggins sweepstake in 2014. There's no way we'd be good enough to win 20 games next year if we traded away our pick this year.

#162 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

This is why nobody care about the NBA.

The 3rd day of the NFL Draft probably has more viewers than the NBA Draft

That's because the whole process is a crapshoot.  Only like 3-4 players in every draft are really worth a damn, nothing past the top 10 is interesting. 

In the NFL, you don't have to necessarily be the tallest/fastest/most instinctive to turn into a great player eventually.  In the NBA, to be a great player you have to have a great combo of size/speed/shot/handle etc etc, you can't really have a problem with your game. Combine that with the small percentage of the population that are tall enough to play, and you have so few players a year worth following in the draft, that it's pointless to watch.

#163 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

From what im reading Orlando is going with Burkes at number 2 that could change though.

#164 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,811 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

I have NEVER understood the point of the lottery. It doesn't stop teams from tanking(honestly it makes it worse) and by constantly screwing the terrible teams over by denying them good talent they continue to suck. One of the biggest appeals the NFL has is parody you'd think the NBA would figure that it and copy the model. I guess they are completely content with only 5-6 of their markets giving a poo though while half the teams struggle to be profitable.

The point of the lottery and it being off-screen, is it allows the NBA to "hand out" picks, backroom style.   I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory, and maybe it is, but I wouldn't put it past the NBA.  Just watch some games and observe the officiating and you know things aren't quite right with "fairness" in the league.  I know this happens in all sports, but with the NBA it's almost every game that there is something going on.  I would never put anything past Stern.

NO gets the first pick last year?  Cleveland still getting picks after losing LBJ?  Come on.  It's been what, almost a decade since the worst team got the #1 pick?  What are the odds.  Things need to change.

You know the lottery is wrong when you aren't surprised that, despite the odds, you get screwed again.  I would have been more surprised to get the #1 pick.

This is why we need some good FA signings, because even if you tank or legitimately are bad, it's never a given you're going to get a good pick.  NBA more than NFL, I believe it's 50% FA and 50% draft, unless of course Stern is handing you picks.

#165 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,837 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

I think the lottery would be fine if they weighted the probabilities of winning the #1 pick much heavier than they currently have them weighted for the worst teams.  Maybe only have the lottery for the 5 worst teams and distribute the probability out of 100 accordingly, weighing heavier towards the worst team.

For example, didn't the Magic have a 25% chance of winning the first pick last night?

Garbage.  It should be much higher and honestly, I think the last 4 teams or so that didn't make the playoffs don't deserve to be in the lottery...  So, readjust the weighted odds accordingly towards the sorrier teams OR at the risk of alienating entire fanbases, go the NFL's way and base it purely off worst record in the prior year.  Problem with that is, it would be horrible to see a team purposely trying to lose every game from start to finish in an 82 game season.

Regardless, with the talent Cleveland already has, they were fine picking where they were projected.  In no way did they need another #1 pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users