Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hornets NBA Draft News Thread

241 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

One of my main issues with Mclemore is his disappearing tendency.   We already have MKG who has a habit of disappearing on offense as well, and that's not  a good combination.  I also question his shot creating ability, yes he can shoot 3s and dunk, but what else can he do?   He would need a big to take some attention inside first to create some open looks which we currently don't really have, and I think should be a focus on in this draft.  

That I will agree with you on, he struggles off of the dribble (which separates him from players like Ray Allen); but with proper coaching he can develop a go to crossover move that will really help his game. Remember he was just a freshman last year, so he has time to grow. There are obviously some questions surrounding his disappearances in games and his inability to create his own shot. However, I am under the assumption that the good outweighs the bad when it comes the McLemore.

If McLemore ever develops something like the video below, he will be a very good ball player...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwT6Sqp6-YI

Posted · Report post

1. Mclemore

2. Len

3. Bennet

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

One of my main issues with Mclemore is his disappearing tendency.   We already have MKG who has a habit of disappearing on offense as well, and that's not  a good combination.  I also question his shot creating ability, yes he can shoot 3s and dunk, but what else can he do?   He would need a big to take some attention inside first to create some open looks which we currently don't really have, and I think should be a focus on in this draft.  

WTF are you talking about?

MKG disappeared because he can't shoot and they weren't running plays for him. Mclemore is a different players totally from MKG. Actually they would make a pretty good combination together.

Posted · Report post

Soft as tissue paper.

Give me Bennett. 

If we want a big man with big potential, take Rudy Gobert out of France.

Posted · Report post

Oladipo is going to surprise a LOT of people with his ability on offense.

Posted · Report post

Still think Oladipo is the best player in the draft and it's not close. He can drive, create his own shot, plays great defense. Plays with a ton of hustle and energy. His outside shot improved dramatically over the course of the NCAA season. He's the perfect NBA 2 guard. Pair him with MKG and Kemba and that's one tough defensive backcourt with a ton of athleticism. I'm not worried about the scoring because I think Kemba has improved his outside shot each season, plus MKG will improve some what with his shot consistency. Oladipo improved enough with his shot over the NCAA season that I wouldn't be worried about his outside shot either. 

Posted · Report post

I don't see MKG as a shooter, but a good outside threat at SG will open some lanes

for him to get to the basket.

We need scorers and rebounders, so while we probably won't get a superstar in this draft,

we need to make sure we do get someone who can help the team.  It can't be that hard at

the 4th pick, can it?

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I don't see MKG as a shooter, but a good outside threat at SG will open some lanes

for him to get to the basket.

We need scorers and rebounders, so while we probably won't get a superstar in this draft,

we need to make sure we do get someone who can help the team.  It can't be that hard at

the 4th pick, can it?

Shabazz will be a superstar.

Posted · Report post

No to Shabazz.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I was listening to an interview where they were discussing Shabazz. The bad teammate is there...but it is mostly bc he is a "black hole" in a offense where he will dominate the ball and is not an elite scorer.

Hmmm...ill pass

Basketball IQ is needing an upgrade for the Hornets n shabazz has a low amout of it. Great size skill combo but the maturity to put it together looks to be for the next team after his rookie deal is done.

Posted · Report post

I am going to name my first son Dynamo VanDunkalot so people think he is better at basketball than he really is.

Shabazz has always been overrated because he has an awesome sounding name.

1 person likes this