#46 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,317 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

There is no reach with the top few guys. All of the fugs are development guys minus Burke. ... So why would we not take Burke?

If Orlando wanna screw us up by trading down (McLemore not falling to 4), I'd purposely take Burke at 4 and make them have to "TRADE" for him from us.

#47 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,594 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

I'm willing to almost guarantee that Trey Burke will not be the pick...

We're trying to develop Kemba into a great player not make him expendable by drafting a player with the same skill set as him.

We don't have enough depth or quality starters to start drafting to replace players.

#48 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,317 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

I'm willing to almost guarantee that Trey Burke will not be the pick...

We're trying to develop Kemba into a great player not make him expendable by drafting a player with the same skill set as him.

We don't have enough depth or quality starters to start drafting to replace players.

I'd pick and trade him.

#49 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,594 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

I'd pick and trade him.

Why not just trade the pick then? I update the Hornets news thread, apparently Minnesota is interested in moving up.

#50 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,317 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

Why not just trade the pick then? I update the Hornets news thread, apparently Minnesota is interested in moving up.

Minnesota (McLemore) and Portland (Oladipo) has shown interests in trading up. But, that's a bit far at 9th and 10th. Who's gonna be there? Let's forget this trade talk.

#51 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,594 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

Minnesota (McLemore) and Portland (Oladipo) has shown interests in trading up. But, that's a bit far at 9th and 10th. Who's gonna be there? Let's forget this trade talk.

Minnesota wants Oladipo, check out the other thread.

#52 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,317 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

Minnesota wants Oladipo, check out the other thread.

Yea, I saw. Really surprising.

#53 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,594 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

One NBA Director of Scouting called Maryland C Alex Len's foot issue "real scary."

Len underwent surgery earlier this month to repair a stress fracture in his ankle. A bad wheel isn't good for a guy carrying around a 7'1/250 frame. Yao Ming, Bill Walton, Sam Bowie, Greg Oden and Andrew Bynum serve as cautionary tales for general managers scouting this year's class. Len may have very well been a top-5 pick if not for his injury.

It looks like Len's foot injury is a little bit for serious than thought.

#54 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Even without the injury concerns, Len is a stiff. No thanks. We don't need to spend a lottery pick to get a tall guy to sit on the bench. 

#55 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Even without the injury concerns, Len is a stiff. No thanks. We don't need to spend a lottery pick to get a tall guy to sit on the bench.

Yeah I agree. A hell
No to Len. He's the only guy that I wouldn't want out of the possibilities we could choose.

#56 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

Serious question does this look like a stiff to you???

Really????

#57 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,334 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Im all about getting some thick athletic 7 footers.   He's still a project no doubt. But he gives us something we don't have, someone who is tough to root out of the post.  While he does know how to get into good position, none of his clips really show any polished offensive post moves.  But still, he'll allow our forwards to grab more boards, and he'd be great in pick and roll/pops.

#58 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,962 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

Calling a tall white guy a stiff must be the NBA equilivant of a Nolan Norowacki adjectives for african american QBs.

Len without the foot injury is better than a 180 lb Noel...who Marcus Camby looks at and says damn eat a sandwich...Who Biyombo would have to mentor in showing post moves... Thats Raw!!

Len has a unique skill set n is worth a gamble if the doctors do not see this injury as chronic. Noel's knee and holding up in the league when healthy is a problem for three years at least...gotta wait for puberty with him.

As for the guards and small forwards..they have giant holes in their game outside of Burke. Olidipo has huge ball handling issues..(is my fave among the guards) which is like a WR who has issues catching.
Kind of a big issue.

Im with Koolkat on this one*..you see Len's skill set and not that many 7footers have that "AGILITY" (opposite of stiff) coordination and scoring awareness that should blossom in a more open NBA.

*still think Tavon will be better than Lafell or Allen.. Lol in his rookie year.

#59 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,549 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

i would have no issues with Len, but the foot.the bobcats need a big with a post game bad.

#60 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

won't be upset with him---this draft really sucks, might as well swing for a potential franchise 7 foot big 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users