390 replies to this topic

#301 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,598 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

It will be interesting to see the change in philosophy if Madrid acquire Suarez.  They have always had poachers in the middle, but Suarez isn't that kind of forward.  He's a guy that is going to work his ass off and create chances.  He is not a natural finisher.  Hence the 12.2% conversion rate.

This is the main reason I think he will be disastrous at Arsenal.  They don't need another player to create chances.  They need a player who can finish.  That player is not Suarez.  No player missed the target from inside the box more than Suarez last season.

True, my first option was always Cavani, but the club didn't see his valuation at 63 million pounds so that was never going to happen.  My option B also isn't going to happen because it's Lewandowski who doesn't want anything but Munich.  I honestly am starting to believe once they get Bale they will play him on the left, di Maria on the right, and Ronaldo up top.  Don't love that idea because Bale and Ronaldo playing on opposite wings and switching sides throughout a match would cause a lot of confusion for teams, but that's what I feel will happen....

#302 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 8,628 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

BREFAS7CUAAej-c.jpg

sdkMn90.jpg

#303 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

True, my first option was always Cavani, but the club didn't see his valuation at 63 million pounds so that was never going to happen.  My option B also isn't going to happen because it's Lewandowski who doesn't want anything but Munich....

I'll tell you who will be next summer's most coveted striker... Marco Reus.  Dude is a legitimate talent, and maybe even better than Lewandowski (who I also like a lot).

Reus can convert and he's an excellent passer.  He'd be amazing at Madrid.

#304 Raskle

Raskle

Huddle Rogue

• HUDDLER
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

Ok, now that poo is FUNNNNY!

#305 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,598 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

I'll tell you who will be next summer's most coveted striker... Marco Reus.  Dude is a legitimate talent, and maybe even better than Lewandowski (who I also like a lot).

Reus can convert and he's an excellent passer.  He'd be amazing at Madrid.

I love Reus and have for several years now.  Seems like the Dortmund guy that seems most likely for RM is Gundogan (from what I've read they already have an agreement to sell him there next season), but I would be absolutely ecstatic is Reus was playing for RM next year.  He's a versatile guy you can use at a lot of different positions, and like you said he's definitely a legitimate talent.  You can play him out wide, in the center and possibly up top due to his shooting ability.  He's got great technique, and has an explosive burst to blow by defenders and get to the ball in the air.  

#306 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

I love Reus and have for several years now.  Seems like the Dortmund guy that seems most likely for RM is Gundogan (from what I've read they already have an agreement to sell him there next season), but I would be absolutely ecstatic is Reus was playing for RM next year.  He's a versatile guy you can use at a lot of different positions, and like you said he's definitely a legitimate talent.  You can play him out wide, in the center and possibly up top due to his shooting ability.  He's got great technique, and has an explosive burst to blow by defenders and get to the ball in the air.  

Spot on, man.  The dude is so diverse.  He could be used out wide, at CAM, or even up top as a true 9.  His technique is amazing.  I'll predict that RM will at least make a legitimate run at him next summer.

#307 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,598 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

Spot on, man.  The dude is so diverse.  He could be used out wide, at CAM, or even up top as a true 9.  His technique is amazing.  I'll predict that RM will at least make a legitimate run at him next summer.

Wouldn't surprise me at all, there's some debate whether Ozil wants to be at RM for the length of his career, so I could easily see them going after Reus is Ozil or even Modric is moved.  Also if Kaka isn't gone this year he will definitely be next so that will open up another spot in the midfield for a guy like Reus.  I can just about guarantee they would have gone after Gotze had he not been hellbent on Munich like Lewandowski is....

#308 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

PFA Chief Gordon Taylor: "It does not say the club has to sell. It quite clearly states £40million is a minimum offer for discussions." -In regards to Suarez.

The guy is fuging delusional.

#309 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 8,628 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

It's a mess. It will be hilarious if Arsenal turns around and buys someone else and Liverpool will be stuck with him. Arsenal sold both Gervinho and Chamakh so they have no strikers behind Giroud and still missing one winger.

#310 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 8,628 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

PFA Chief Gordon Taylor: "It does not say the club has to sell. It quite clearly states £40million is a minimum offer for discussions." -In regards to Suarez.

The guy is fuging delusional.

He said it was a verbal agreement between him and BR. Liverpool will have to either sale him or he will be on the bench until sold. I think there is a line and Suarez crossed it.

#311 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

He said it was a verbal agreement between him and BR. Liverpool will have to either sale him or he will be on the bench until sold. I think there is a line and Suarez crossed it.

In either the Telegraph or Guardian interview from last night Suarez said "We have the written agreement.  We will take it to the Premier League." 

He also added that verbal agreement bullshit as a safety.  Now Prem is saying "verbal agreements aren't sufficient."

It's a mess.

#312 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 8,628 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

It's better for Liverpool to sell him and use money on replacement. Arsene is stingy and he might look else where. Liverpool will screw themselves more by keeping him. I'm at the point where I'd rather Arsenal go after someone else. Lol. Too much drama.

#313 Raskle

Raskle

Huddle Rogue

• HUDDLER
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

Who else is there? Top Strikers got snapped up early this summer.

#314 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 8,628 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

Who else is there? Top Strikers got snapped up early this summer.

Not sure but Wenger said he has a plan B.

#315 Raskle

Raskle

Huddle Rogue

• HUDDLER
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

Isn't Arsene's Plan B usually to tell the media that "we are comfortable with our guys, and think we have a great squad" though?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.