Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Tidbits on press conference

- Clifford is impressed with young core's competitiveness

- SVG and JVG were a  great influence on him

- His vision: "Balance Wins" (meaning have to be above average on both sides on ball)...he stresses defense and how it has to be constant but offense needs to be there.

- On Patrick Ewing: Not commenting on staff. Wants a "working staff" and building the right culture. Premature to talk about Ewing.

#77 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

I missed it and the Bobcats are like the slowest NBA team for updates ever. They still haven't posted the video feed of the press conference yet. 

#78 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,157 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

drawing comparison to thibs is a great thing

#79 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

Heard a little bit from Clifford today on a sports radio show. I like what I heard and like his background. I hope he ends up being the coach that long term,  everyone identifies with Charlotte NBA basketball.

#80 Mike

Mike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:21 AM

I would be lying if I said the thought didn't cross my mind but I just can't see us in that race.

But just for giggles and daydreaming imagine a defense with Clifford at coach, Kemba, Oladipo, MKG, Biz, and Howard.

Sure we may not ever score more than 80 points but neither would our opponents. Lol

If we could attract Howard then that could be a very good move indeed. If possible I'd like us to keep Henderson at SG to allow us to take Bennett or Zeller to play PF. For me both of those guys could bring better offense, but good defense as well. I think something like - Kemba, Hendo, MKG, Bennett/Zeller, Howard - would be a good line up.

An minor change to your lineup would be McRoberts [if he stays] starting instead of Biyombo. I think he'd bring the defense but also better offense to help the team.

Nice to dream, but I can't see us getting Howard.

#81 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,782 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

If we could attract Howard then that could be a very good move indeed. If possible I'd like us to keep Henderson at SG to allow us to take Bennett or Zeller to play PF. For me both of those guys could bring better offense, but good defense as well. I think something like - Kemba, Hendo, MKG, Bennett/Zeller, Howard - would be a good line up.

An minor change to your lineup would be McRoberts [if he stays] starting instead of Biyombo. I think he'd bring the defense but also better offense to help the team.

Nice to dream, but I can't see us getting Howard.

Oh I don't think that would be our actual best lineup, i was just talking about a defensive lineup wet dream with Clifford as coach.

#82 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

Finally some good stuff to talk about regarding the NBA team in Charlotte. I love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users