Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Significant interest' in Jamarcus Russell. Has lost 50lbs since Feb.

62 posts in this topic

Posted

put him in the OL rotation.

Posted

I would rather give Otah a second chance than have this guy in our locker room.  Call me a anti-Mother Teresa if you want, but my vote is abort.

Posted

I was one of the biggest haters of this guy before but after I watched that ESPN segment on him, I actually felt bad for him.  He was going through alot.  I'm rooting for him hopefully he succeeds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GOgkbYUsNs

2 people like this

Posted

Is it just me, or did the female reporter seem like a giant douche?

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope the guy turns his life around, but he'd be a third stringer at best on our team, and there are other teams where he'd have a much better chance to compete for a higher spot on the depth chart.

Posted

that's pretty impressive. if he shows he can get into football shape and keep the weight off and still make throws with NFL accuracy teams may look to grab him.

no way he gets anything more than vet min on a one-year deal though.

Posted

I was one of the biggest haters of this guy before but after I watched that ESPN segment on him, I actually felt bad for him. He was going through alot. I'm rooting for him hopefully he succeeds.

Yeah lets feel bad about a guy who banked over $40,000,000 just to suck at football.

Posted

im really hoping he succeds. everybody deserves a second chance. people that think he doesnt better be jesus cause other than that im sure there not perfect

Posted

Yeah lets feel bad about a guy who banked over $40,000,000 just to suck at football.

He had almost every man who was a father figure to him die within a span of a few months, everyone forgets that football players are also people too. And he was just a kid dealing with all that crap

3 people like this

Posted

He had almost every man who was a father figure to him die within a span of a few months, everyone forgets that football players are also people too. And he was just a kid dealing with all that crap

You see Torrey Smith give up and quit after his brother died the day before his game? What about favre when his father died? Don't get me wrong I'd be happy for him if he can pull off a comeback as much as the next guy but that doesn't excuse him for his actions. He wasn't a rookie either he was already 2 years in. I get the human factor but it doesn't excuse him for being lazy.

Posted

What's he coming back from? I thought coming back meant you did something good in the pass and you're hoping to repeat it.

Posted

Lol @ anyone giving him anything but vet minimum