NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

About time..

The man charged with murder after his dogs mauled to death a 63-year-old Littlerock woman had four of his pit bulls destroyed in 2006 after they attacked emus, a sheriff's official said.

That attack was one of several incidents that prompted Los Angeles County prosecutors to file a murder charge against Alex Jackson, whose four pit bulls allegedly attacked retired office manager Pamela Devitt on May 9, inflicting 150 to 200 puncture wounds that led to her death.

On Jan. 13, some of his dogs allegedly attacked a horse with a rider. Jackson also threw a rock at the rider, authorities said. Jackson has now been charged with assault with a deadly weapon in connection with that case.

About a week later, Jackson was cited for having dogs without a license by county Animal Control, Corina said. He said dogs belonging to Jackson were subsequently involved in two other attacks against people on horses in April and May.

"We believe there was evidence that he was aware the dogs were vicious and they have attacked before and he knew of the danger they posed," Jane Robison, a district attorney's spokeswoman said.

Devitt died en route to a hospital, and the attack sparked outrage in the neighborhood and beyond. Sheriff's officials said detectives found Devitt's blood on the muzzle and coats of four of Jackson's eight dogs.

"There's no way I can get the brutality of this out of my head," Devitt's husband, Ben Devitt, told The Times. "The fact that there's animals out there roaming around with that kind of killer instinct, it's just kind of something I can't shake."

Animal control officials took custody of Jackson's dogs.

#2 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,221 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

There is simply no reason for this animal to exist as a pet.

If you think Pit Bulls are sweet, gentle creatures you're a fukking idiot.

#3 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,221 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

http://news.msn.com/...d-joggers-death

4 pit bulls blamed for 63-year-old jogger's death _h17_w0_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg 5/11/13 By Associated Press

A pack of pit bulls attacked a woman jogging in rural Los Angeles County Thursday. The woman died on the way to the hospital.

PALMDALE, Calif. — A pack of dogs remained under quarantine at a Mojave Desert shelter on Friday as investigators tried to determine whether they were involved in a mauling that killed a jogger.

By afternoon, Los Angeles County sheriff's homicide investigators had not announced any DNA match between the six pit bulls seized Thursday and the four believed to have attacked the woman in the high desert neighborhood of Littlerock earlier in the day, Deputy Guillermina Saldana said.

The county coroner's office identified her on Friday as Pamela Marie Devitt, 63, a local resident.

A woman in a car saw pit bulls attacking the runner in the area 65 miles northeast of Los Angeles. The driver called 911 and honked her horn to try to get the dogs to stop, sheriff's Lt. John Corina said.

An arriving deputy saw a single dog still attacking the jogger and tried to chase it off, Corina said.

"The dog ran off into the desert, then turned around and attacked the deputy," who took a shot at the animal before it ran off, Corina said.

The woman died in an ambulance on the way to a hospital, said Evelina Villa, spokeswoman for the county Department of Animal Care and Control.

Indictments are coming in for this shyt.

The husband of a San Diego woman whose limbs were nearly torn off in a pit bull attack asked a judge to make sure the dog’s owners suffer too.

Emako Mendoza, 75, was attacked June 18, 2011 when she stepped outside her home to get the newspaper.

Her husband, James Mendoza, spoke through quivering lips as he described his wife’s attack at Monday’s sentencing.

The dogs' owners, Carla Cornelio and her mother Alba Cornelio, were convicted of involuntary manslaughter and death from a mischievous animal.

The Mendoza’s Paradise Hills home shared a side fence with the home where the pit bulls were kept. The dogs entered the yard through a hole in the fence.

James Mendoza recalled the morning when his wife of 55 years was blindsided by her neighbor’s large dogs.

Mendoza said his wife, who was barely 5-foot, had no way of getting away from them. “She had no one to help her,” he said.

Even with his years in the military, Mendoza said he had never seen anything like it.

“She was completely tore up,” he said. “All of her limbs were completely dangling, hanging.”

Source: http://www.nbcsandie...l#ixzz2Uvv4FnnI

#4 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,449 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Not a fan of Pitbulls at all. Man is the only one to blame for their aggressiveness though.

#5 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

There is simply no reason for this animal to exist as a pet.

If you think Pit Bulls are sweet, gentle creatures you're a fukking idiot.

dumbest thing I've read on here in a long time, and that's saying a lot

#6 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,221 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

Not a fan of Pitbulls at all. Man is the only one to blame for their aggressiveness though.

Well obviously they've been bred by man to do things man's best friend shouldn't do. 

You have macho assholes who own them because they have tiny little peckers, and clueless others who don't know what they've brought into their house.

It's a matter of time and chance until they go off.

All Pit Bulls should be mandatory neutered so the breed can die a controlled death.

#7 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,221 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

dumbest thing I've read on here in a long time, and that's saying a lot

Truly, you are brainless.

#8 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

MINT HILL, N.C. -- A Mint Hill man's horse has died after having been attacked by two pit bulls owned by a neighbor down the street.

The pasture where 'Joker' spent her days behind the home of Bill Williamson was empty Wednesday night.

"I've looked across that pasture every day. I go out and feed her twice a day. She was just a fixture," Williamson said, looking out from his back deck.

Animal Control searched for the two dogs owned by Michael Roberts, who lives just up the street.

When NBC Charlotte tried to talk to Roberts he said, "I'm over it and I don't want it put on the news and I don't want my name involved with it."

Roberts owned two different pit bulls that escaped two years ago and attacked Joker.

When Williamson tried to scare off the dogs that day, he suffered a near fatal heart attack.

Those two pit bulls were surrendered and put down. Both Williamson and Joker survived that attack, but the horse did not survive Wednesday afternoon.

Nino Abdic is Williamson's next door neighbor and saw the dogs going after Joker Wednesday.

"They were biting at the back of the legs. It was really sad," said Abdic, who added that he tried to scare off the dogs. "I grabbed a stick and some rocks from the neighbor's driveway to chase them away."

The dogs did run off, but Joker was dead.

Horse dies after being attacked by pit bulls a second time

http://www.wcnc.com/...-190130371.html

#9 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

These stories piss me off. I really hope the owners of the dogs that killed the person are convicted of murder and I hope the owners of the dogs that killed the horse are prosecuted to the fullest extent possible. fug. These. People. 

#10 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,449 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:31 PM

Well obviously they've been bred by man to do things man's best friend shouldn't do.
You have macho assholes who own them because they have tiny little peckers, and clueless others who don't know what they've brought into their house.
It's a matter of time and chance until they go off.
All Pit Bulls should be mandatory neutered so the breed can die a controlled death.

I have an aunt who's husband brought home a pit pup, he's a little less than a year old now and not neutered. He growls at the kids there and sometimes adults, not just here and there either but continuously.

Yet he is still friendly to them. I don't like him or trust him. Too much of a risk for me personally.

Apparently her husband doesn't want him neutered either, which absolutely baffles me.

#11 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,221 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

I have an aunt who's husband brought home a pit pup, he's a little less than a year old now and not neutered. He growls at the kids there and sometimes adults, not just here and there either but continuously.

Yet he is still friendly to them. I don't like him or trust him. Too much of a risk for me personally.

Apparently her husband doesn't want him neutered either, which absolutely baffles me.

Yep.

Panthro says he wont let his kid go to a house he knows where the adults own a gun.

There are many other clear dangers.

#12 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

First it was chows and German shepherds. Then it moved on to dobermans and rotties. Now it's pitbulls. A pitbull is no more dangerous than any other dog. All have the potential to bite. Bad breeding practices has resulted in some mentally unstable dogs. That goes with all dogs. A game bred apbt will not bite a human. It's not desirable for them to do so, as they were to be in close contact with with man while in the pit.

The media hypes up pitbull attacks. They lump many different and distinct breeds under the pitbull umbrella. Often when another breed of dog attacks a person it's buried on page 7 and the type of dog isn't listed. But when a "pitbull" attacks its front page news.

image-2.jpg

Looks pretty fuging vicious huh?

Since you think you are an expert on the breed and want it to no longer exist, tell me which one is the killer breed

Picture%2B15.jpg

http://www.pitbullso...ll/findpit.html

Only one is a pitbull.

#13 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,322 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

Agression can be bred. To deny that is to deny science.

#14 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

sticker,375x360.png

#15 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

I have a 100lb female reverse brindle (looks black and white) boxer, that gets mistaken for a pit by all these fuging morons that don't know poo about dogs. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com