Photo
- - - - -

Why.... Seriously why...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#46 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

I can only speak for myself, but I don't hate him.  I don't like him anymore, but I'm pretty ambivalent when it comes to him now.  Time has healed the wound he opened with the way he left.  If anything, with hindsight I'm glad he didn't accept our offer of the same money Chicago gave him.  We'd be even worse off now if we kept him.

I didn't vote for him, but I think the Huddle is far too vindictive and sheepy when it comes to views about Peppers. He was born and raised in NC, drafted out of a North Carolina school, led our defense as one of the NFL's best players, and spent the better part of a decade as easily our best defensive player.

Nobody thought he was anything less than the NFL's elite when he was year, yet just because he wanted out of an admittedly sh*tty situation for him, you guys absolutely hate the man.

Maybe it's just because I'm a very forgiving person, but it seems like a very childish view to me. Just my opinion.

#47 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

I voted for Peppers Kasay Delhomme and of course Smitty.

I don't care much if Peppers disapointed some *$@*$

#48 #1 Pantherfan

#1 Pantherfan

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

How about Moose?

#49 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

How about Moose?

yup Moose would be 5t, Minter 6th

#50 Mr Mojo Risin

Mr Mojo Risin

The Doors

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

No one is saying he wasn't one of the best players the Panthers had. They're saying he isn't a player you'd want symbolizing the team. I'd rather have someone with heart and passion for the game symbolizing my team.

Or how about a player that you know actually gave a poo about our organization and wanted to be here jake minter abd a lot of othera did those things but peppers did not no one questions what he did here he was very talented but he wasnt loyal and deserted this franchise after we tried to make him the highest paid de

#51 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

You guys need to get over Peppers ...it's like your ex girlfriend that you can't get over...f'n little b¡tches ;)

But seriously he's the greatest Defensive lineman we've ever had (and one of the greatest in NFL history). He's an NC guy...who cares he wanted a change and do you blame him, he had lived his entire life in NC...he'll always be remembered a Panther.

As much as I love Kasey, it's more telling that he's on our mt Rushmore...a kicker smh

Dont worry, Kuechly and Cam will overtake Peppers and Kasey soon...

#52 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

I don't fault him one bit for wanting to get out of NC. It's his life and his career to do with as he pleases.

#53 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

Nothing is telling at all that a kicker is on our Mount Rushmore.  Mount Rushmore isn't a pickup game where you take turns picking players.  It's about the people and what they represent.  The Saints could just as easily have Morton Anderson and I wouldn't be surprised at all.  The Pats could easily have Vinatieri.  I think Vinatieri would be #3 behind Belichick and Brady.  Some teams have owners on their monument.  It's not who the best players were, it's who symbolizes the team the most.  Who is the most representative of the teams.  I'm proud to have Kasay as one of the symbols of my team.

#54 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

HUDDLER

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

As long as Cardiackat is giving free pie...

#55 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

I don't understand the logic of being okay with Peppers up there, but against a guy like Kasay..

#56 panfan32

panfan32

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

i love john kasay but it's probably bad for the franchise that one of our voted mt. rushmore players was a kicker.

I agree with Kasey. He did a lot more for the franchise than just kick field goals. Just read the affect he had on players like Steve Smith.

#57 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

HUDDLER

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

It's all moot though. The real Panthers Mt. Rushmore has just one face:

Steve Smith.

Whoever they carve in the mountain holding up the throne on which the bust of 89 sits can be debated til the cows come home.