Photo
- - - - -

class valedictorian recites prayer during graduation ceremony, is summarily executed

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#16 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,779 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

so basically he didn't say anything at all and is lauded for being able to recite dogma in lieu of being able to actually form a coherent point and deliver it

yay conservative constituency base

#17 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,779 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

seriously this sounds like an article from the onion. poe's law at its finest

#18 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,312 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

And people are running with it. Its the end of the world as we know it...

#19 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,779 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

And people are running with it. Its the end of the world as we know it...

would you have clapped if you were in that audience?

#20 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,724 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Breaking News from South Carolina!

Teen, still wet behind the ears, publicly praises parental indoctrination in the worship of bronze age, sheep herder, sky god. 

Locals cheer teen's lack of intellectual curiosity and willingness to conform to baseless cultural superstitions.

Bottom line:  Another individual publicly embraces ignorance.

#21 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,900 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

well at least somebody was brave enough to stand up for jesus in south carolina of all places

#22 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

No please, tell me more about this Amway....sounds promising

• HUDDLER
  • 4,997 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

I woulda just read passages from Diannetics and pretend it was a prayer from the bible..half the crowd would not know the difference anyway...I about to read a passage from Travolta 9:13....robot overlords shall not...

#23 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,955 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

Is it sad that I just shrug at this post?  Does that make me a bad person that I am having trouble really caring what this high school senior did?  (Not trying to insinuate that those of you that do care are in any way less allowed to have your opinion).  I just have trouble seeing the big deal, I guess.  Congrats on your free speech.

#24 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,779 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Is it sad that I just shrug at this post?  Does that make me a bad person that I am having trouble really caring what this high school senior did?  (Not trying to insinuate that those of you that do care are in any way less allowed to have your opinion).  I just have trouble seeing the big deal, I guess.  Congrats on your free speech.

i'm not as annoyed as he did it (he's a high schooler, of course he's stupid) as i am at the victorious crowing of morons nationwide on social media who should realize it's idiotic but instead hail this young gentleman as a future senator of south carolina. luckily for him the bar is set pretty low to begin with

#25 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,892 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

Meanwhile, in Alabama...

ATMORE, Ala. (AP) — An American Indian student says she's being fined $1,000 for wearing a feather on her mortarboard when she graduated from high school in south Alabama.

Chelsey Ramer says she feels like she's being discriminated against by her alma mater, Escambia Academy in Atmore.

Ramer is part of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians, and the 17-year-old says she wore a feather at graduation last month to honor her heritage.

http://www.montgomer...ama-high-school

#26 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,312 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

our country is falling apart. the fabric and the constitution is old man. old.

i suggest more hobbies for some of ya's.

#27 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

would you have clapped if you were in that audience?

only with one hand, so as to not betray the glorious golden mean

#28 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

Dont let the media twist the important issues.  Remember, The school district banned a name because of a religious  connotation.  That is unconstitutional.  What ever the high schooler did simply shed light on the subject.  It would not have mattered whether or not he spoke the Quran, Torah, Bible, Tripitaka.  The school protested christianity by banning the name Jesus. They had no right, in fact they exercised horrible judgement and abuse of power.  Not supporting something and outright banning it are entirely different things.

And for the record, had they banned the name Mohammed and the student performed Azan, he would be equally within his rights and should get equal protection under the constitution.

#29 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,306 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

One of the high school's in my county all stood up tonight during the moment of silence at their graduation (prayer was ruled not to be allowed last week), and recited the Lord's Prayer in protest.  Current and former students are on Facebook congratulating themselves and acting proud.  

These same people will now cite the 2nd Amendement/Constitution as the reason they support gun rights, while ignoring the 1st Amendment totally when it comes to religion.  I just don't understand how some people can blatantly be so silly sometimes. 

#30 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,989 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

^^^^^^

I work with a guy named Jesus, I assume he would be permabannt from SC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.