• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

Give me Frank Garcia.  Heck, Eric Davis was LIVING in charlotte for a few years after he retired--he would have been great.  The clowns on the drive or whatever they call that time slot are terrible.  I even think they have people call in to compliment them on the air.  Weird.

#17 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Yeah I love any segment where Eric Davis is on. I will listen to anything he has to say, its always good stuff.

#18 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

Glenn is probably the most knowledgable/non-suckup sports person on the radio.  VERY college oriented and a treasure trove of information.  Bit boring of a voice to listen to, but you have to understand why you're listening to him.  Adam Gold sucks though...

#19 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,003 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

I have always liked DG and I agree he is probably the smartest guy in NC on sports radio. My only complaint is that sometimes his arrogance betrays him and he can become annoying and self congratulatory.

#20 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,078 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

I know it's the cool thing to do by smashing on WFNZ, but I've never got the hate? I'm a true hometown fan, I didn't come from somewhere else, I have zero teams or sports that I follow outside of nc, and I have to listen to something while I'm in the car. My car has a little age on it so Bluetooth pandora is out of the question and I fuggin refuse to listen to today's music. It's all poo. With that said I like all the shows on fnz except Bret Jensen. He's a tool bag. Other than that I enjoy listening to the local stuff. BTW Marc James is also dildos.

#21 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

David glenn is the best local radio show period, end of story.

Pacman was good when he was on but everyone else on wfnz is garbage

#22 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,947 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

I went down to Columbia, SC for the NCAA baseball regionals and I'm not sure who runs the local sports station down there, but they are the funniest sports personalities I have ever heard in my life.

#23 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

David Glenn is consistently great. Sadly, everybody else local is pretty terrible, and I think it will stay that way until smitty retires and hopefully gets a show.

#24 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,337 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

DG is probably the most knowledgeable guy about ACC sports, as a whole, in the world. Though he seems knowledgeable about the NFL and all the major sports in general, I still prefer to listen to guys with more shtick.  

If you want sports analysis delivered in a dry, no-nonsense, fair-minded and highly analytical approach, then David Glenn is your guy. 

#25 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

. BTW Marc James is also dildos.

I think Taylor Zarzour alone would be much better than when paired with this douche bag.  Zarzour is competent and seems to have rational thoughts.  I would say Marc James talks before he thinks about what he is saying but that would give him too much credit because I dont actually believe he is capable of thought.  He is better suited at reading time and weather on the half hour.

That is all

#26 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

I think Taylor Zarzour alone would be much better than when paired with this douche bag.  Zarzour is competent and seems to have rational thoughts.  I would say Marc James talks before he thinks about what he is saying but that would give him too much credit because I dont actually believe he is capable of thought.  He is better suited at reading time and weather on the half hour.

That is all

Ya know what I found hilarious about this guy, Marc with a C. . I think he was hired to be the TV face for them. He was on nfl networks or something at one point and my jaw just dropped. They were making fun of him in the segment too lol! I cant remember what about but they were working him over a little and he still came off sounded like a fugging clueless idiot of course.

oohh poo I remember, his picture had like a fuggin Glamourshots kind of look to it with the GQ smoov "twist head to the side" look. . HAHAHA and the hot chick was fugging with him about it with someone else.

wow what a douchebag, treated like it every where he goes.

#27 PantherAZ

PantherAZ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

Living in Arizona I get no panthers talk. I downloaded a radio app and listen to the drive on there from time to time. Can none fill me in on what radio available on the radio apps is best? What time is best to listen? Unfortunately I get all my news here.

#28 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,232 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

I think Taylor Zarzour alone would be much better than when paired with this douche bag. Zarzour is competent and seems to have rational thoughts. I would say Marc James talks before he thinks about what he is saying but that would give him too much credit because I dont actually believe he is capable of thought. He is better suited at reading time and weather on the half hour.

That is all

Marc James said today that Danny Morrison was JR's long time right hand man within the Panthers organization. Zarzour had to correct him and clue Marc in that JR just hired Morrison 2 years ago.

#29 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,543 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

Marc James said today that Danny Morrison was JR's long time right hand man within the Panthers organization. Zarzour had to correct him and clue Marc in that JR just hired Morrison 2 years ago.

Morrison and JR go a long way back. To college at Wofford together. Morrison has been in the inner circle a very long time. When things finally worked out, they found a way to work together.

Morrison would be my guess to take over if any short term commanding were needed. So yea, imo, and from what I know, Morrison is in deep. They are both local legends.

#30 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,232 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

Morrison and JR go a long way back. To college at Wofford together. Morrison has been in the inner circle a very long time. When things finally worked out, they found a way to work together.

Morrison would be my guess to take over if any short term commanding were needed. So yea, imo, and from what I know, Morrison is in deep. They are both local legends.

I understand that. But Marc said he thought Morrison had been in the Panthers organization for a long time. That is false. He was AD at TCU and Wofford.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com