#1 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,635 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

Armanti was running with the 1s the whole practice.  I'm assuming it's because Hixon wasn't out there.  It feels very strange to say it, but AE actually looked really good (not kidding).  He ran good routes, caught every pass cleanly with his hands (away from his body), and had no drops.  

It was a beautiful site seeing 59, 58, and 52 all on the field at the same time.  

Star is a BIG man with huge arms.  Short wasn't as big as I expected.

Lester, the Safety from Bama may be a nice surprise.  He was in the middle of a few good plays

it's amazing how comfortable Ginn looks fielding punts vs. AE, Adams, and LaFell.  It looks effortless for him.

Cam returned the last punt of the drill and ran it back through the D who all took turns "fake" tackling him

Gettis looked quick.  It was Ginn, Gettis, and Pilares/ Adams with the 2s

Jimmy Clausen looked......like Jimmy Clausen.  

The coolest part of the day, however, was when they were signing autographs after practice.  There was a blind kid (sorry if that is't PC) beside me with his grandma.  J Stew passed the kid, saw him, and then came back to talk to him.  Apparently Stew had met him before and went to the kid and said "hey man it's Jonathan Stewart.  Do you remember me?".  The kid said "oh yeah, you're the running back!", and then they talked a little bit.  The entire time as the players came by to sign his ball they would tell the kid their name and the kid would tell them their position.  Cam was the last one by and he stopped for a good 2-3 minutes (which is a long time) and signed for the kid, took pics, and talked to him.  The kid had written a letter to Cam and Cam thanked him and took it with him.  For all the s&it he gets from the national media, it's stuff like that that shows the type of person and leader he is.  He could have easily signed and moved on, especially after signing for 30 minutes already.  But he took the time to make that kid's day.  Beason also told the kid his first tackle was going to be for him,  

#2 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,635 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

A few shots from practice and the signings

Attached Files

#3 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,045 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

There was a blind kid (sorry if that is't PC) 

my god man this is the 21st century!

call them "bitches that cant see poo"

#4 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

I can't decide if its fuged up for an athlete to take a picture with a blind kid. I mean, he can't see it. Give the kid your practice jersey or something tangible right?

#5 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

I can't decide if its fuged up for an athlete to take a picture with a blind kid. I mean, he can't see it. Give the kid your practice jersey or something tangible right?

it's the experience that leaves an impression, not the tangible.

#6 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,556 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

Thank you for reminding me this is the Internet.

#7 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

a lot of times "blind" means your vision is just heavily impaired. not that the kid sees "black" all the time, he can probably see and make it out if he gets real close to it [even if its blurry or w/e he see's it as normal because he probably hasnt had regular vision ever]. Now im just speculating here of course but hopefully he can see somewhat and make out the picture, and if not, at least his family has a nice gesture that he really enjoyed to look at for years and years.

#8 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,635 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

Well....that's an interesting way to think about it.  He also can't see all of the signatures that he got on his ball that day, but that didn't seem to matter to him.  Maybe the pic was more for the grandma.....she got a huge kick out of the kid knowing every player's position.  Brockel even came by and just said "I'm number 47" and the kid knew he was a TE.  It was impressive....

#9 carp24000

carp24000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

Its better than giving him a dead parakeet.

#10 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

Thank you for reminding me this is the Internet.

First one is free little buddy, don't fret.

#11 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,453 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

o crap that made me laugh.

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,453 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

Armanti was running with the 1s the whole practice.  I'm assuming it's because Hixon wasn't out there.  It feels very strange to say it, but AE actually looked really good (not kidding).  He ran good routes, caught every pass cleanly with his hands (away from his body), and had no drops.  

i'm guessing that the ones were running 3 WR sets?

#13 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

I just thought he was really quiet!

#14 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,635 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

i'm guessing that the ones were running 3 WR sets?

Obviously....Smith's and LaFell's jobs are locked in.  

AE actually had a really nice catch on one of the plays.  We all looked at each other with a "get the fug outta here" expression.  

#15 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

Thanx for the write up. Its nice to hear someones observations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com