Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My observations from yesterday's practice

46 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

A few shots from practice and the signings

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I can't decide if its fucked up for an athlete to take a picture with a blind kid. I mean, he can't see it. Give the kid your practice jersey or something tangible right?
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I can't decide if its fuged up for an athlete to take a picture with a blind kid. I mean, he can't see it. Give the kid your practice jersey or something tangible right?

it's the experience that leaves an impression, not the tangible.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I can't decide if its fuged up for an athlete to take a picture with a blind kid. I mean, he can't see it. Give the kid your practice jersey or something tangible right?

Thank you for reminding me this is the Internet.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

a lot of times "blind" means your vision is just heavily impaired. not that the kid sees "black" all the time, he can probably see and make it out if he gets real close to it [even if its blurry or w/e he see's it as normal because he probably hasnt had regular vision ever]. Now im just speculating here of course but hopefully he can see somewhat and make out the picture, and if not, at least his family has a nice gesture that he really enjoyed to look at for years and years.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Well....that's an interesting way to think about it.  He also can't see all of the signatures that he got on his ball that day, but that didn't seem to matter to him.  Maybe the pic was more for the grandma.....she got a huge kick out of the kid knowing every player's position.  Brockel even came by and just said "I'm number 47" and the kid knew he was a TE.  It was impressive....

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thank you for reminding me this is the Internet.

First one is free little buddy, don't fret.

Posted · Report post

Its better than giving him a dead parakeet.

o crap that made me laugh.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Armanti was running with the 1s the whole practice.  I'm assuming it's because Hixon wasn't out there.  It feels very strange to say it, but AE actually looked really good (not kidding).  He ran good routes, caught every pass cleanly with his hands (away from his body), and had no drops.  

i'm guessing that the ones were running 3 WR sets?