67 replies to this topic

#16 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,961 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

Yeah, I can agree with that. I'm just not surprised that he's not running with the ones as of yet, by any measure. 

Could be that RR is trying to motivate the kid and let him know he's got no assurance of making the team based on a few good catches in 2010 or 09 or whenever he last saw the field. 

#17 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

I'm less interested in what string offense the wide receivers are practicing in. If Gettis or anyone else shows they can run crisp routes, catch everything, and get seperation then they'll win the spot no matter what squad they practice on

#18 Panther4Ever

Panther4Ever

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

Not only do I hate Joe Person as a beat writer, but when I found out he was a USC GameDick, it made me hate him as a person (punny)

Yep. He's the ultimate fine young male.

#19 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

you don't get to practice with the one's........you earn that opportunity.

PS..............they are still in shorts, let me know when they put the pads on.

#20 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,524 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

It's completely ridiculous and pointless to analise anything that happens before any pads are put on.

#21 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,177 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

I used to hate on Person but since he donated bone marrow for a sick child that he also saved from a firey car wreck I have had a change of opinion. Rare for a guy who sighs out his nose at the same time he talks Panthers.

Excerpt from a Joe Person fan fiction blog

#22 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

Locks:
Smitty, Lafell, Hixson, Ginn > Gettis

from camp reports thus far:
Armanti > Gettis

Competition for last WR spot(s):
Pilares, Joe Adams, Gettis, other Camp fodder

I don't think there is anything quiet or suprising about him not making the 53 man roster, the only thing that is quiet has been any reports that he is playing well.

I know it's early but based on that last group you listed above, Gettis would get my nod since we will probably keep 6 receivers. Rivera did mention Gettis once as a pleasent mini camp surprise.

I have heard Joe Adams is still dropping punts. Go figure.

#23 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,426 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

My hopes are dwindling for Gettis. 

I would love to see him grab that 5th slot. (on my depth chart)  His speed alone is gives us much more opportunities underneath.

Smitty

LaFell

Ginn

AE

#24 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,629 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

I would love to see him grab that 5th slot. (on my depth chart)  His speed alone is gives us much more opportunities underneath.

Smitty

LaFell

Ginn

AE

Until the pads go and the hitting starts I am going to stay on the sidelines predicting which WR wins the job

#25 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,961 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

Smitty

LaFell

Ginn

AE

I think you gotta throw Hixon in there as the #3 even though he's not practicing right now.  He and Ginn with both see time at the 3. AE is definitely in the top 5 - he's ahead of Ginn at this point in the depth chart and with the plays he's making. 

#26 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

I don't know about you all, but we need some help at TE.

#27 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,073 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

I don't know about you all, but we need some help at TE.

Completely agree. Right now we've got Olsen and...........................blank.

I think Gettleman will have his eyes peeled for somebody as we inch closer toward august. I hope.

#28 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,571 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

per rotoworld...

Panthers coach Ron Rivera insists No. 2 TE Ben Hartsock is a good complement to Greg Olsen.

Hartsock is a mediocre blocker and a liability in the passing game. But to hear Rivera tell it, he's a key piece. "You look at his catches, they're all on the underneath routes – the quick ins, the quick outs. People miss the value of that when you have one tight end that can stretch the field and the other one that can attack the middle." Greg Olsen is going to push for 90-plus percent of the snaps once again this year.

#29 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,073 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

When Rivera says things like this it gives me pause. Hartsock has been in the league since 2004, and he's on his fifth team. During that time span he's accumulated 312 yards and one TD, which occured back in 2009 with the Jets.

I'm sorry but this does not make me feel better in the slightest. It makes me feel a lot worse actually.

#30 xerxes

xerxes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

Who knows maybe Shula is planning on more 3 WR sets and having two good TE's is less of priority, but I'd still expect us to pick up a TE during the training camp cuts.

Also since Gettis isn't a RR guy (drafted before he got here), I wouldn't be surprised if we kept Adams or Pilares over Gettis. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com