Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Microsoft reverses stance on XboxOne

78 posts in this topic

Posted

Stop the Steam nonsense, it's clearly a better deal than any console will ever offer.  Just wait till the summer sale and see how many great titles you can get for MUCH cheaper than the console version.  

i can't even get excited about their sales anymore...i really can't think of any games i want.   too many on my plate already

Posted

I knew they would have to do it. I havent bought a sony since ps2 but i was about to

Posted

But the point is, you would use it because it will be built into most games.  

I get saying you wouldn't want to play "Wii type Kinect games" but the thing will bring a new aspect to gaming if used right.

My guess is if the Kinect wasn't included you would still have a reason to hate on Xbox.

Your guess is wrong.  Anybody on here knows I game on Xbox and have since the first Xbox.  I bought and stuck with Xbox because I liked what it offered versus the playstation.  Now the situation is getting reversed and I'm seeing Playstation as the better deal for me.  I'm not going to stick with a company if they aren't meeting what I want or need...that would make me a fanboi.

Posted

Guess I just don't understand why a Kinect would make you not want the Xbox.  I think Xbox has the better games and the better ceiling (in regards to cloud gaming and technology).  I'm willing to pay $100 more for it.  Granted, I'm not buying any console for at least 6 months until I see how the bugs are getting fixed and by then prices may be lowered.

PS4 looks nice too but I think the Xbox is bringing a lot more to the table.

Posted

I'm not sure how people can say the Xbox has better games, and I own a 360, Wii, PS3 and WiiU, and will be adding a One and a PS4.  Maybe if you like shooters sure the Xbox is better, but the only must haves that aren't shooters on the Xbox are Forza and Fable.  Compare that to God of War, Infamous, Uncharted (or any game that Naughty Dog makes for that matter), Team ICO stuff, MLB The Show, Gran Turismo and a horde of others and it's really a no brainer of which console has a better variety, and better quality exclusives....

Posted

PC_Gaming_Master_Race_by_Claidheam_Righ.

2 people like this

Posted

^Meanwhile, in reality...

south-park-world-of-warcraft-guy.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

I like PC and consoles.  Mostly consoles for sports and some shooters in the past, but the PC is just better for strategy/RPG.  Not to mention the access to so many indie games on PC and mods.  MS has basically pushed all the Indy devs out and most of them are going to only work with PS4 and PC, that's a bad move IMO.   I just get better bang for my buck on PC for the most part, but console still has a place. 

Posted

I had a Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast (still in my parents attic somewhere), and play my 360 still. I'm ticked that MS even tried this, I was going to get a PS3 until Sony removed PS2 support. Sony was making killer profit from PS2 sales while the PS3 was struggling early.

There's exclusives for each different system that I would love to play, but I won't invest that much money into having 2-3 consoles + PC gaming.

But I have decided to sit this gen out. No PS4 or Xbox One(Eighty). And I really don't care for Nintendo. If I had time, I would love to get the Kinect developer kit and try some stuff on the PC.

But PC gaming >>>> console gaming. MODs to strategy/FPS/etc... create great games, many times much funner than the original develops version. I miss Unreal Tournament Mods.

Posted

you're talking to people that think mods will get you banned from xbox live

Posted

do you know how many games I've damaged, lost, loaned out and never gotten back since I made the switch to steam?

exactly none

and pc gamers don't act like we're superior to everyone else because we are superior to everyone else

this is just another instance of you talking about something you're clueless about

PSC sits quietly in his shop, working....

CCS makes his posts

A tingle hits PSC in the back of his mind....

"Some MOTHERfugER on one of my Forums is talking poo about PC Games...."

Posted

^Meanwhile, in reality...

south-park-world-of-warcraft-guy.jpg

32341978.jpg

1 person likes this