Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

LMAO!

#62 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

Even with that, I don't know if that team would win a championship...

Dorrell Wright should not start on any team.

Dorell Wright would start because Korver is a much better coming off the bench, Wright a couple of years ago was a 16ppg scorer. He would start to provide spacing for Dwight/Aldridge down low.

That team is a top 2 team in the East.

#63 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,682 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

Dorell Wright would start because Korver is a much better coming off the bench, Wright a couple of years ago was a 16ppg scorer. He would start to provide spacing for Dwight/Aldridge down low.

That team is a top 2 team in the East.

A few years is ago is not the same as now... Two years ago Ray Allen was a key component in the Celtics championship player... Now he is a rotational player for the Heat.

Also there is the fact that this is super unreasonable.

#64 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

Two years ago Kemba walker was a rookie, now he is a 3rd year solid starting pg.

???

#65 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,682 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

Two years ago Kemba walker was a rookie, now he is a 3rd year solid starting pg.

???

Very gooood...

That's called progressing...

That's different than regressing.

#66 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

Thanks!

#67 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,682 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

It's hard to be mean to someone with manners lol.

You're supposed to say I'm an ass or something haha.

#68 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

That's a no8 seed team in the East.
Aldridge couldn't even get his Portland team in the Playoffs and Howard with Kobe and Nash only got in as the 8th seed last year.

We're not going to beat NYK, Brooklyn, Idiana, Miami, and Chicago with that lineup. We need outside shooters, which that doesn't give us any. That's a poor man Memphis (Gasol/Randolph) lineup. Add in a sharp shooter, then maybe we'll talk.

#69 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,682 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

Chuck makes a good point...

Dame Lillard, Eric Maynor, Wes Matthews, Nick Batum, Meyers Leonard. J.J. Hickson, and LaMarcus Aldridge should have been able to get that team into the playoffs.

#70 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

The NBA today requires you to have player(s) that can shoot the ball. It doesn't matter if you have the best Center or PF in the league anymore. Just look at DHoward for years, Duncan, Hibbert, etc. It also doesn't really matter if you have the best player in the game anymore (LBJ). King James didnt just win his two rings like nothing. His Miami team won consecutive championship thanks to the guys off the bench that were draining 3s (2012: Miller/Battier 2013: Allen/Miller/Battier). You gotta have depth and guys that can change the pace of the game. We're nothing but an 8th seed with that lineup.

#71 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

Well Miami is constructed to fit Lebron and Wades strengths. Have guys who can spread the floor-catch and shoot guys who defend and have your stars create off the drinble.

The Hornets have zero identity as of now bc a starting team that still has a name that rhymes with Bitchsmack my Trombone is doomed to not score.

Biz has to be a 17-20 minute guy who is an energy player not a starter.

Kemba would be a great 6th man who plays the majority of the game like a JR Smith or a Manu.

MKG is fine as a starter but now Zellar has a lot of pressure to pan out immediately into a 15pt 8rebound guy.

Really would have loved to somehow have gotten CJ Mccollum in this draft to take the point and slide to the off guard spot when Kemba comes in.

I guess that what Portland will do with a quality asset now!

#72 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

They are going to go hard for a max player at what position? SF and Center? Leaving MKG and Biz has defensive stoppers off the bench? They have a PF that needs to develop, they have a PG that needs to develop. Same thing at SG and Center as well. 

Going after Pekovic as 12-14 million a season guy then add good shooter to the team with maybe with a Kyle Korver or Mike Dunleavy makes the most sense. Some might say upgrade Henderson, but he was 11th in scoring for SG's last season among all players. 

The team would look like

Kemba, Sessions

Henderson, Gordon

MKG, Korver, Taylor

Zeller, McRoberts, Adrien

Pekovic, Biz, Haywood

Not sure how much better that team is, but it uses most of teams money.

Also Biz would still play a ton of minutes, probably around 25 or so. They need him to develop and have a lot riding on him to do so. He was a 4 year project from the start because of how little he had played basketball. 

Kemba had borderline top ten stats last season and that would improve into a top ten pg with this lineup.. Korver would be the sixth man on this roster. 

#73 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,682 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

They are going to go hard for a max player at what position? SF and Center? Leaving MKG and Biz has defensive stoppers off the bench? They have a PF that needs to develop, they have a PG that needs to develop. Same thing at SG and Center as well. 

Going after Pekovic as 12-14 million a season guy then add good shooter to the team with maybe with a Kyle Korver or Mike Dunleavy makes the most sense. Some might say upgrade Henderson, but he was 11th in scoring for SG's last season among all players. 

The team would look like

Kemba, Sessions

Henderson, Gordon

MKG, Korver, Taylor

Zeller, McRoberts, Adrien

Pekovic, Biz, Haywood

Not sure how much better that team is, but it uses most of teams money.

I pretty much agree, but I don't think we can afford to pay Pekovic $14 million dollars...

I did a post earlier saying that if you combine the salaries of our current roster (including Henderson's qualifying offer and Zeller's contract [based off of last years 4th overall picks contract]), the team has roughly $10 million in cap space. If they amnesty Thomas, that number balloons to $18 million.

If the BuzzCats pay Pekovic $14 million dollars, they won't be able to fill out the roster after matching any offer that Henderson might get.

It's almost better to sign Hickson to a two year deal, and then go after Greg Monroe or DeMarcus Cousins next year.

#74 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

Well Miami is constructed to fit Lebron and Wades strengths. Have guys who can spread the floor-catch and shoot guys who defend and have your stars create off the drinble.

The Hornets have zero identity as of now bc a starting team that still has a name that rhymes with Bitchsmack my Trombone is doomed to not score.

Biz has to be a 17-20 minute guy who is an energy player not a starter.

Kemba would be a great 6th man who plays the majority of the game like a JR Smith or a Manu.

MKG is fine as a starter but now Zellar has a lot of pressure to pan out immediately into a 15pt 8rebound guy.

Really would have loved to somehow have gotten CJ Mccollum in this draft to take the point and slide to the off guard spot when Kemba comes in.

I guess that what Portland will do with a quality asset now!

With what the team has invested in Kemba and Biz, they have to pan out.

Most don't get this or have patience but the franchise knew that Biz would take time to develop. He was a minimum 4 year project when he was drafted and the team knew about it. He's going to be here and playing significant minutes at least for another season or two minimum. 

Kemba had top ten stats last season with a bad team, add some shooting talent around him and he blossoms into a top ten PG if isn't already there now. 

MKG is the biggest ? starter wise and that's why they were trying to switch him out for Otto Porter or Bennett in the draft the other day. He's got to fix his shot and develop dependable 3pt range shooting ability. 

Kemba and Zeller running the P&R should get Zeller 6-10 easy points each game, so I don't see how he isn't the second leading scorer for the Bobcats this season averaging around 16 ppg. 

#75 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

I pretty much agree, but I don't think we can afford to pay Pekovic $14 million dollars...

I did a post earlier saying that if you combine the salaries of our current roster (including Henderson's qualifying offer and Zeller's contract [based off of last years 4th overall picks contract]), the team has roughly $10 million in cap space. If they amnesty Thomas, that number balloons to $18 million.

If the BuzzCats pay Pekovic $14 million dollars, they won't be able to fill out the roster after matching any offer that Henderson might get.

It's almost better to sign Hickson to a two year deal, and then go after Greg Monroe or DeMarcus Cousins next year.

The problem and reason I went with Pekovic is that Hickson's agent is looking for 10+ Million a season. Hickson is one of the 7 players in the NBA that averages a double double. He averages 12.7 ppg and 10 rpg. That commands a ton of money.  Also Hickson is more of a PF then Center and is going to cost the same as Pekovic really. Pekovic fills a need (Center) and is more of an offensive threat. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users