75 replies to this topic

#46 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez over Steve Smith and Greg Olsen? GTFO and go be a Falcons fan.

I dare you to find one non Carolina panther fan anywhere on this planet that would take Steve Smith and Greg Olsen over Roddy White and Tony G today. The numbers don't lie.

How many games was it before Steve Smith even had a td last year? Give me a break.

It's ok to be a fan but don't be stupid.

#47 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

If you guys are telling me that last year Steve Smith and Greg Olsen were a better combo than Roddy White and Tony G then I seriously need to reevaluate our Quarterback.

#48 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,405 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

Tony G is old as dirt and gets away with a ton of bullshit. Roddy is no Steve Smith. So what if he only had 4 TD's? Calvin Johnson even only had 5 TD's last year. Steve still managed to rack up 1,174 yards with a 16 yard average.

I don't know why you're so obsessed with those guys, that's your opinion. There's the door.

#49 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

If you guys are telling me that last year Steve Smith and Greg Olsen were a better combo than Roddy White and Tony G then I seriously need to reevaluate our Quarterback.

first six games were abysmal. if the team played like they did down the stretch than they would have numbers like roddy white and tony g. I take smitty over roddy because roddy has had julio to take pressure off him. Olsen and tony g are a toss up but ill take olsen because he is a panther.

#50 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

Tony G is old and dirt and gets away with a ton of bullshit. Roddy is no Steve Smith. So what if he only had 4 TD's? Calvin Johnson even only had 5 TD's last year. Steve still managed to rack up 1,174 yards with a 16 yard average.

I don't know why you're so obsessed with those guys, that's your opinion. There's the door.

Calvin Broke the record for receiving yards don't compare the two. I hate the falcons more than any team in the nfl trust me. You rank Ryan over Cam does that make you a falcons fan?

Steve Smith ain't no spring chicken. In his prime Roddy White can't touch him but today Roddy is the better player. That's backed up by fan voting, player voting, and stats in the court of law I have enough supporting evidence to declare it a fact.

I hate the falcons but I'm no hater, they have one of if not THE best WR corps in the NFL and we are middle of the pack to bottom of the league.

My point was only to prove that Matt Ryan has better weapons than Cam Newton period put a stamp on it it's a fact.

#51 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,405 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

first six games were abysmal. if the team played like they did down the stretch than they would have numbers like roddy white and tony g. I take smitty over roddy because roddy has had julio to take pressure off him. Olsen and tony g are a toss up but ill take olsen because he is a panther.

Oh and as for Gonzalez or Olsen...

Tony: 37 years old
Att 93
Yards 930
Avg 10

Greg: 28 years old
Att 69
Yards 843
Avg 12.2

Oh and that is in an offense that was a pile of poo until mid season. Give me Greg all day everyday.

#52 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,405 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

Calvin Broke the record for receiving yards don't compare the two. I hate the falcons more than any team in the nfl trust me. You rank Ryan over Cam does that make you a falcons fan?

Steve Smith ain't no spring chicken. In his prime Roddy White can't touch him but today Roddy is the better player. That's backed up by fan voting, player voting, and stats in the court of law I have enough supporting evidence to declare it a fact.

I hate the falcons but I'm no hater, they have one of if not THE best WR corps in the NFL and we are middle of the pack to bottom of the league.

My point was only to prove that Matt Ryan has better weapons than Cam Newton period put a stamp on it it's a fact.

I don't give two shits about some meaningless votes. What's that got to do with what's happening on the field?

Other than the Falcons having Julio Jones, no they do not have more offensive weapons.

#53 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

Oh and as for Gonzalez or Olsen...

Tony: 37 years old
Att 93
Yards 930
Avg 10

Greg: 28 years old
Att 69
Yards 843
Avg 12.2

Oh and that is in an offense that was a pile of poo until mid season. Give me Greg all day everyday.

yea gonzalez had more attempts then greg, so it's safe to say greg would have had more yards. Don't know about the average yards per attempt. probably about the same with the 24 more attemps for Greg.

When i see somewhat comparable stats, i look at other things. How much the player means to the team, clutch catches, blocking ect.

Olsen means more to this team than gonz does to atlanta when they have julio and roddy. Although gonz i would claim had more clutch catches. thats why i said it was a toss up.  I don't think age should really matter in this discussion for the short term.  There both great players even though gonzalez is a push off fuging bitch.

#54 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

I don't give two shits about some meaningless votes. What's that got to do with what's happening on the field?

Other than the Falcons having Julio Jones, no they do not have more offensive weapons.

That's like you saying other than me shooting him in the head no judge I didn't murder anyone. You can't take Julio Jones out for the sake of your argument. The fact is they do have Julio Jones so they do have more offensive weapons than we do.

#55 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

yea gonzalez had more attempts then greg, so it's safe to say greg would have had more yards. Don't know about the average yards per attempt. probably about the same with the 24 more attemps for Greg.

When i see somewhat comparable stats, i look at other things. How much the player means to the team, clutch catches, blocking ect.

Olsen means more to this team than gonz does to atlanta when they have julio and roddy. Although gonz i would claim had more clutch catches. thats why i said it was a toss up. I don't think age should really matter in this discussion for the short term. There both great players even though gonzalez is a push off fuging bitch.

Ding ding ding Olsen means more because we have less. Again conclusion- The falcons have more offensive weapons

Hey don't be mad at me it pisses me off too. Blame Hurney.

#56 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Tony G is a hall of fame TE Greg Olsen can only dream to be that successful

#57 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,405 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

That's like you saying other than me shooting him in the head no judge I didn't murder anyone. You can't take Julio Jones out for the sake of your argument. The fact is they do have Julio Jones so they do have more offensive weapons than we do.

Huh? How do you compare any of this to murdering someone. That's way out of left field man.

Out of all those guys, I'd take Julio. I would not have given up all they did to draft him however.

#58 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,405 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

Tony G is a hall of fame TE Greg Olsen can only dream to be that successful

Tony G can choke on a dick.

#59 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

Ding ding ding Olsen means more because we have less. Again conclusion- The falcons have more offensive weapons

Hey don't be mad at me it pisses me off too. Blame Hurney.

I'm not mad at you. even though you think we should have picked a wide receiver over Star or traded back into the first.

Obviously the falcons have more offensive weapons. I would take Greg over Gonzalez right now because Greg has to do more with little around him unlike Tony G. We obviously need more weapons, but we are not talentless.

#60 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

I'm not mad at you. even though you think we should have picked a wide receiver over Star or traded back into the first.

Obviously the falcons have more offensive weapons. I would take Greg over Gonzalez right now because Greg has to do more with little around him unlike Tony G. We obviously need more weapons, but we are not talentless.

I never said we were my whole point in this entire argument was to prove that Matt Ryan has more talent around him than Cam Newton.

That's why I would take Cam over Matt Ryan. Matt Ryan I believe is a great young qb but benefits from elite offensive weapons and great coaching. The falcons won a game last year where he threw 5 ints. Could you imagine the beat down we would take if Cam ever threw 5 ints.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com