• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

HOW SWEET IT IS!

http://espn.go.com/b...olina-tar-heels

UNC is #1! 

I was going to post this in the NCAA forum but the jealous, envious, crybaby state/duke fans would have derailed it in a matter of minutes. 

Rankings according to the author: 1. UNC 2. Georgetown 3. UCONN 4. Kentucky 6. Arizona 

Also, here are some fun facts about the basketball factory in Chapel Hill that will brighten your day:

1. UNC basketball has produced 44 NBA first round picks, including 33 since 1980 to lead the nation. 

2. UNC has produced 103 NBA draftees including 44 first round picks which is the most in ACC history. 

Going to be interesting to see where Reggie ends up. His stock has gone up daily since declaring and I would not be surprised to see him end up in the top 20. Draft Express has him #19 to Cleveland. 

#2 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,460 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

Lol as a UNC fan I love it, but I don't see this thread ending well.

I just figured I'd go ahead and reserve my spot in the thread before it gets locked.

#3 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

Lol as a UNC fan I love it, but I don't see this thread ending well.

I just figured I'd go ahead and reserve my spot in the thread before it gets locked.

It will end well if everyone stays on topic. I don't need to see any Dan Kane article or boastful posts about Kyrie Irving and his 8 games at Duke. 

#4 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,143 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

The 90's were a solid decade.

#5 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,175 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

Good thing the Tarheels have a dozen titles in the last 20 years...oh wait...most NBA talent.... But... Wait...banners everywhere...

Coach Dean wins two titles on last second flubs...

I love Baby Blue self congratulating posts.

thread/ derailed!

#6 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

lol I like UNC too but their NBA pipeline has weakened considerably in the post-Dean era. Green and Barnes made some noise in the playoffs so if they can build upon that maybe they can help restore their rep a bit, but there just aren't any elite UNC players anymore. I like Bullocks game and don't get some of the hate he has gotten, I have read things from scouts like he interviewed poorly. I think he will be in the league for a long time. 

#7 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

Good thing the Tarheels have a dozen titles in the last 20 years...oh wait...most NBA talent.... But... Wait...banners everywhere...

Coach Dean wins two titles on last second flubs...

I love Baby Blue self congratulating posts.

thread/ derailed!

Just stating the facts, my man. Another fact is we have 5 national titles. 

#8 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,143 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

Interesting use of a pronoun

#9 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

lol I like UNC too but their NBA pipeline has weakened considerably in the post-Dean era. Green and Barnes made some noise in the playoffs so if they can build upon that maybe they can help restore their rep a bit, but there just aren't any elite UNC players anymore. I like Bullocks game and don't get some of the hate he has gotten, I have read things from scouts like he interviewed poorly. I think he will be in the league for a long time. 

It's weakend because you're comparing the more recent players/teams to historically exceptional teams and not to mention the fact that the college game has improved greately and grown significantly. UNC went through some turbulent, trying times after Dean Smith retired. Kris Lang? LOL. That dude would get abused at a YMCA gym. Also, I know Coach Williams has two national titles in the past decade, but you could argue that UNC has been going through a transitional period currently. I know last year's team was incredible, and a broken wrist ended our title hopes, but there's going to be more turnover after this current season ends. 

Still, regardless of how they've worked out, UNC has still be sending guys to the NBA. People forget about guys like Wayne Ellington, Ed Davis, Brandan Wright, too. Those guys still have high celings. 

#10 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Interesting use of a pronoun

Do you think Lorenzo Brown or CJ Leslie will be drafted? DraftExpress currently has them both being selected by the Blazers in the mid/late second round. 

They both are talented players, but I view Brown more of a backup who could develop into a backup like DJ Augustin and Leslie has the size and skillset to play in the NBA, and you probably know this as much as anyone, his mentality and work ethic are huge red flags. He's going to need to be on a team with vets to keep him in line. Spurs/Pacers would be a great fit for him IMHO. 

#11 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,175 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

Just stating the facts, my man. Another fact is we have 5 national titles.

Were you the small forward on one of those teams? Congrats!

How is this Hornet related? Only a Tarhell would feel this would be relevant in the Hornets area..go back to whence you came Dirty footed one!

#12 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

Were you the small forward on one of those teams? Congrats!

that's a silly question that's not worth of an answer. How do you pull for? UNCC? Crap State? 

#13 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

Not going to argue teams on this one, but I think right now the quickest path to the NBA draft is playing whereve Calipari coaches.

#14 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'm not going to start another thread to post this, but here is an article on Kinston native Reggie Bullock. 

http://www.kinston.c...player-1.162616

I used to be a student at ECU, and Kinston is maybe an hour away from there. We would drive through there whenever we went to Atlantic Beach or UNCW. The place is a poor, old town and sucked going through. Basically old people sitting on the porch and young people loitering. Glad he's had the opportunity to improve his life. 

#15 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Not going to argue teams on this one, but I think right now the quickest path to the NBA draft is playing whereve Calipari coaches.

Yeah, but you have to take a pay cut when you're drafted. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users