Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston/Brooklyn Blockbuster trade RUMOR

53 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

They'll be a threat to the Heat if those guys can all stay healthy.  I'm not sure I could route for them over the Heat because I hate KG with a passion.

Posted · Report post

Any word on protections?

Not yet, CBS Sports said they would work out the protections when they can make the trade official.

Posted · Report post

Not yet, CBS Sports said they would work out the protections when they can make the trade official.

Ok, good win now move for Brooklyn if the '16 and '18 picks have some kind of protection.

Posted · Report post

No doubt...

On paper, they may be the best team in the NBA.

Posted · Report post

No doubt...

On paper, they may be the best team in the NBA.

I guess with the way Terry has played as of late, you could say depth is an issue. But you can always add somebody if you don't care about the luxury tax and Prokhorov clearly doesn't.

Posted · Report post

I think Boston also has the chance to swap 1st rounders in 15 or 17

Posted · Report post

I think Boston also has the chance to swap 1st rounders in 15 or 17

in 2017

I really don't like this trade for either team, but it's a deal both teams felt like they had to make. 

The Celtics felt compelled to give Garnett and Pierce one last chance, while the Nets are in definite "win-now" mode. 

Lots of things would have to go right for the Nets to win a title. 

Posted · Report post

Honestly, if I'm Brooklyn, I'm calling up C.J. Leslie's agent as soon as I can and bringing him in on a minimum deal.  At this point, they need youth and athleticism off the bench.  C.J. can bring that and the veteran presence there can keep his attitude in check.  No reason not to give him a look in the summer league.

From the Celtics side, I don't really get this and there's no way the league can say this was a better deal for them than sending KG to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan.  The picks are all crapshots and Crash's contract is terrible.

Posted · Report post

Crash's contract is bad but that's why they sent Terry to balance it out.

I'm hoping Crash rebounds a bit without playing with so many stars.

Posted · Report post

Honestly, if I'm Brooklyn, I'm calling up C.J. Leslie's agent as soon as I can and bringing him in on a minimum deal.  At this point, they need youth and athleticism off the bench.  C.J. can bring that and the veteran presence there can keep his attitude in check.  No reason not to give him a look in the summer league.

From the Celtics side, I don't really get this and there's no way the league can say this was a better deal for them than sending KG to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan.  The picks are all crapshots and Crash's contract is terrible.

CJ signed with the NYK late last night

Posted · Report post

Wiggins wont go to us because we're a small market team (maybe the smallest fanbase right now) and the people who run the NBA are scum.

Fact.

Posted · Report post

There is talks that MarShon Brooks might be switched out for Reggie Evans in the trade.

• Masters of PIE !

• Recent Comments