#16 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,515 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Kaep was awesome in his first seven starts BUT I wouldn't say that he played like an elite QB. He was far from that. He was quite mortal against The Rams, Seahawks, Ravens and Falcons. If there's a ceiling I want for Cam it has got to be Aaron Rodgers', for me.

#17 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

I wouldn't go as far as saying Kaepernick is overrated, he's got a bright future. That squad that he's on is fuging stacked though. The same one that Alex Smith lead to the NFC championship and a few bad plays from the Superbowl in 2011. It's a legitimate question to ask would the 49ers had won it all last year with Alex Smith instead?

I wonder about that as well.  I do not think Alex Smith is as bad as everyone else does, but I guess we will find out this year.

#18 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,766 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

Hernandez at 77 probably needs to get dropped.

#19 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

Russel Wilson has a great personality but of all the young QBs I think he is the least talented. He doesn't excel at anything other than intangibles. If you take all the other QBs in their primes I feel like they can carry a bad team to the playoffs. Russel Wilson needs a good defense and solid ground game to compliment him.

#20 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,079 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

Least talented? I must have been watching a different player.

People here really don't like Russell Wilson lol.

#21 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

Jimmy Clausen underrated

Agree

#22 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,515 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

Least talented? I must have been watching a different player.

Agreed. Wilson, thus far, is the superior passer over Luck, Kaep and RG3, in my opinion.

#23 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,133 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

Look at his supporting cast.. did he even have a hand on him? The defense is top notch as well. Lets see how kaep does with a team on his back

#24 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,467 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Russel Wilson has a great personality but of all the young QBs I think he is the least talented. He doesn't excel at anything other than intangibles. If you take all the other QBs in their primes I feel like they can carry a bad team to the playoffs. Russel Wilson needs a good defense and solid ground game to compliment him.

I don't know.
I see him as a more mobile drew brees.
But I do feel wilson is overrated on the list.

#25 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,079 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Agreed. Wilson, thus far, is the superior passer over Luck, Kaep and RG3, in my opinion.

Using KendrickPanther's logic, Matt Flynn should have beaten out a rookie Wilson and lead the Seahawks deep into the playoffs. Since apparently all a barely talented QB needs is a "good defense" and "solid ground game".

Yet Flynn is now in Oakland doing squat, while Wilson lead his team to a playoff victory.

#26 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

Flynn isn't as good as Wilson..you took what I said and acted like I went to an extreme. Wilson is not as good as the other young star QBs. That is all I really said.

#27 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,079 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

Well you kinda did. Your all the other QB's in their primes taking bad teams to the playoffs statement was pretty vague. You never mentioned the young QB's specifically, who I'd hardly consider to be near their prime yet anyway.

Regardless, it's going to be an interesting sophomore season for last years crop of new QB's

#28 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

I have a hard time taking anything that's 'fan vote' based seriously, whether for good or bad, primarily because it's impossible to know how many votes are cast by homers, haters or rivals.

I mean, how much weight would you really give a Falcon fan's opinion of Cam Newton?

#29 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,158 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

How can Luck or RGIII be that high when Cam as a rookie, a record breaking rookie was only 40.   Luck threw like 400 more passes than Cam did and more Ints.   Though athletic RGIII did not win all the games coming down the stretch that he gets credit for.

#30 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

Most of them are UNCheat fans who are still butthurt about the 3 year raping they took from him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.