Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Final Season of Dexter starts tonight?

64 posts in this topic

Posted

I read some stuff from a guy who is an insider and knows how the show ends. Apparently they're going in slow like this on purpose and by the time the end rolls around it's going to be crazy. Here's a direct quite from him

"You're going to have to scrape your brain matter off the ground. You're going to just sit there as the blood theme plays for the final time and then several minutes after wondering what the fug just happened. The ending will be iconic, and set the bar for series finales across the map."

That gives me hope at least. Since realistically the last few episodes is really all that matters. 

Posted

I read some stuff from a guy who is an insider and knows how the show ends. Apparently they're going in slow like this on purpose and by the time the end rolls around it's going to be crazy. Here's a direct quite from him

"You're going to have to scrape your brain matter off the ground. You're going to just sit there as the blood theme plays for the final time and then several minutes after wondering what the fug just happened. The ending will be iconic, and set the bar for series finales across the map."

That gives me hope at least. Since realistically the last few episodes is really all that matters. 

I've read so many different spoilers for the last episode. I don't know which one to believe. lol

Posted

I've read so many different spoilers for the last episode. I don't know which one to believe. lol

I don't think that legit spoilers will leak for it. They've been known to keep things locked down tight when something big is going to happen. When Rita died they purposefully leaked fake spoilers just to throw everyone off.

Posted

This season has been pretty terrible, honestly.  I don't get the feel of a show ending at all.  The only way to salvage this season IS a cool/crazy twist but even then, I'm not sure.   After season 4 I thought this show was going to reach the tier of best shows ever, sadly it's been down since.  Still watching because of investment though.

1 person likes this

Posted

This season has been pretty terrible, honestly.  I don't get the feel of a show ending at all.  The only way to salvage this season IS a cool/crazy twist but even then, I'm not sure.   After season 4 I thought this show was going to reach the tier of best shows ever, sadly it's been down since.  Still watching because of investment though.

Same here. I used to get EXCITED about Dexter but most of what has happened after season 4 has been disappointing. 

Season 5 - When it aired I defended this to no end. I still don't think that it's necessarily bad but I do think that it was a completely fuging retarded follow up to Rita's death. 

Season 6 - Again, it isn't bad  but it was really pointless in the grand scheme of things. Season 5 and 6 really should have just been combined together. The ending of this one was also completely ruined because of some asshole who made up spoilers. The fake ending was about 100x better than the real ending. 

Season 7 - I thought this one was a return to form and felt like classic Dexter. I pretty much liked everything about it and it should have been a perfect starting point for the finale.

I completely agree that this season just doesn't have a sense of finality to it. Instead of exploring new things they're retreading old ground again and it just isn't interesting. I really hope they can turn it around but so far from everything I've seen I'm doubting it. If everyone doesn't find out about who Dexter and he doesn't end up on the run I'm going to be pissed.

Posted

Last season should have been when he was busted, at the end of the season, or at least have people start questioning him as a possible suspect, and not crazy people but FBI/detectives.  This season should really be Dexter on the defensive/on the run.  

What I really wish happened was Dexter, after season 4, moves to a new city or even a new country and starts up his killings again.  Maybe somewhere like Chicago or somewhere with snow/new environment.   Eventually the FBI notices a pattern somehow and then the show goes crazy.  I'm just bored of Miami, and I'm bored of all the characters.  You could take Dexter and put him in another city with a new crew around him and I wouldn't miss anyone from this show.

Posted

I thought for sure that the ending of season 7 would lead to him getting caught at the beginning of 8. I mean, realistically someone would have to at least investigate that possibility. Everything was adding up to be that the murder of Laguerta would be a crime that Dexter COULDN'T escape. Instead they just brushed it under the rug like nothing happened. At this point I'm wondering if he'll even get caught. 

What the best dramas do is evolve naturally. For a while Dexter did that but after Clyde Phillips left they've basically started writing it like a comic book. This season being a shining example of that. I don't think anyone wanted another Dexter vs. serial killer season. People wanted him to get busted and for him to be on the run with actual new and exciting things happening. This honestly feels more like fan fiction than an actual season of Dexter. 

and am I the only one who has noticed that Dexter has lost his charm? To me he just comes off as an asshole a lot of the time now. 

Posted

The problem is, and always has been, that the inclusion of too much Deb, is bad for the show.  Terrible actress and even worse and more annoying character.  They are just mailing in this season obviously.  Hopefully Breaking Bad shows them how to end a series right starting tomorrow.

Posted

I love this show. While I'm going to miss it, I do think it's run it's course. I'm anxious to see how they tidy it up and end it. They've paved the way for several different endings.

Posted

Deb dying "might" save the season lol.

Posted

By far the best episode of the season last night!  Will be interesting to see if Dexter kills his protégé next week!

Posted

supposed spoilers

Cassie's boyfriend is actually the Brain Surgeon. His name is Oliver Saxon. 

Oliver is also Vogel's son. 

Oliver kills off Dexter's protege whose name I can't recall at the moment. 

Oliver kills off Vogel. 

Dexter quits Miami Metro and plans to escape to South America with Hannah

He ends up getting phone calls from Deb

When he goes to find her she's dead, killed by the brain surgeon. 

Not really sure how I feel about that. I'm about 95% sure they're legit too.