Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ron Jaworski thinks Cam Newton is the 18th best QB in football.

235 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

As a pure passer somewhere between 15-20 is reasonable based on last year. As a total quarterback he is higher. What I like is that he wont be complacent amd if he cares about lists it will fire him up. That is a good thing. If he doesnt then who cares.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Cam is the only QB ever that had to come in and win a superbowl in his first 2 years to get any credibility. This was already understood.

Posted · Report post

LOL. Nothing new here. Most team fans claim their QB don't get enough love, from falcons to seachickens.

Posted · Report post

Anyone catch who came in at #19?

Here's the list to date:

18. Cam Newton, Panthers
20. Alex Smith, Chiefs
21. Josh Freeman, Buccaneers
22. Sam Bradford, Rams
23. Carson Palmer, Cardinals
24. Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins
25. Michael Vick, Eagles
26. Brandon Weeden, Browns
27. Christian Ponder, Vikings
28. Mark Sanchez, Jets
29. Chad Henne, Jaguars
30. Kevin Kolb, Bills
31. Jake Locker, Titans
32. Matt Flynn, Raiders

Remaining...

Aaron Rodgers, Packers
Andrew Luck, Colts
Andy Dalton, Bengals
Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers
Colin Kaepernick, 49ers
Drew Brees, Saints
Eli Manning, Giants
Jay Cutler, Bears
Joe Flacco, Ravens
Matt Ryan, Falcons
Matt Schaub, Texans
Matt Stafford, Lions
Peyton Manning, Broncos
Philip Rivers, Chargers
Robert Griffin III, Redskins
Russell Wilson, Seahawks
Tom Brady, Patriots
Tony Romo, Cowboys

How many of those guys who are remaining can you really put Newton ahead of, unless you're going on potential?  All of them have been to the playoffs, and most of them have built up an impressive body of work. 

I think Newton will eventually be one of the game's greats, but if you were making the list, where would you honestly put him right now?

Posted · Report post

I'll put him above Dalton, RG0.3, Wilson, Luck and Kaepernick.

Posted · Report post

Come on guys, get some perspective. You can't rank a QB very high that has not gotten to .500 yet.

Alex Smith who had the highest QB ranking at 132 was at 20.

You have no beef since all you are squaking about is potential. Get the wins, get the rankings. This is a critical season for Cam and I hope he gets off to a good start.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

When his opinion affects game outcomes I will care and read what he has to say.

Posted · Report post

Dalton is 19th

Posted · Report post

I'll put him above Dalton, RG0.3, Wilson, Luck and Kaepernick.

Yes, but we are talking football, not clothing lines here. Middle of the pack is about right.

He is ahead of Dalton. Hard to put him ahead of the rest at this point. WINS

Posted · Report post

Yes, but we are talking football, not clothing lines here. Middle of the pack is about right.

You had Dalton on your list. If you are talking about wins, reread my post i made earlier. It'll give you some perspective.

Posted · Report post

oh goodness me another "ESPN hates Cam" where everyone says that they don't care about what ESPN says, but still post in dozens upon dozens of ESPN hates cam threads.

this "media hates cam" shit really needs its own separate board

Posted · Report post

I thought this was a list rankings QUARTERBACKS, not TEAMS.  Maybe he should just make a team power rankings list...

First off in Cam's first 2 years, he took the absolute worst offense in the modern NFL era and made it respectable and during that he has been 2 and 1 games away from having a .500 team.  People act like Cam is commanding 3 win teams here, but the reality is we are only finishing just below average.  Due to the volatility of football, 22 moving players on a field, and the inconsistency of zebras, you can pretty much argue anywhere from 6 to 10 wins is average.  For just about every team in the league about 2-4 games are decided from a bad call, a player slipping or getting injured mid play, a funny hop on a punt, receiver knocking a perfectly thrown ball up for a pick...  a billion different things can happen that are completely out of one player's control, which makes football a beautiful, awesome and dynamic game, but also makes it completely unfair to place so much pressure on one position.

3 people like this