Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Ron Jaworski thinks Cam Newton is the 18th best QB in football.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
234 replies to this topic

#169 nationofdomination

nationofdomination

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

I actually agree that Cam should be over a few of those, particularly the rookies. For some reason wins have become a QB stat in football and that dictates a lot of these lists until you get to the 4 elites.

Romo would be a lot higher on these lists if he won more. Dude puts up some pretty good numbers but his team never wins for the most part, so he is looked down upon. It's the reverse effect for Luck. They go from #1 pick to the playoffs when he shows up.

Bottom line for a QB, win more than you lose, and look above average doing it.

word

#170 Steven Smiff

Steven Smiff

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Who is this guy? Must be an Alabama fan

Alabama fan?

WRONG.

I'm from NC and am a Panther fan. The only difference between you and me is that I choose to take my head out of my butthole and look at reality. If you would go to your local CVS and ask for a nice soothing ointment that may help you get your head out of your sore butthole, you may be able to wipe away the poo thats is in your eyes. That poo is making you see Cam as an elite qb, not the joke that he is on tv. Even that kid in that commercial made Cam look stupid. 

#171 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

I actually agree that Cam should be over a few of those, particularly the rookies. For some reason wins have become a QB stat in football and that dictates a lot of these lists until you get to the 4 elites.

Romo would be a lot higher on these lists if he won more. Dude puts up some pretty good numbers but his team never wins for the most part, so he is looked down upon. It's the reverse effect for Luck. They go from #1 pick to the playoffs when he shows up.

Bottom line for a QB, win more than you lose, and look above average doing it.

Romo puts up some numbers and I agree that like Cam he's unfairly looked down on because of his W/L record (which is a team stat) but Romo is a big time choke artist who frequently makes some mind-bogglingly bad decisions for a vet QB with as much time in the saddle as he's had. 

#172 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

So you are saying Tom Brady and all the other QB's would have went 7-9 or worse if they had been our QB last year?

With Chud as their OC and our OL in front of them?  All of them except for maybe Aaron Rodgers.

I know this... I don't think statues like Brady, Manning the Older, and Matty Spice would have lasted a half a season behind our OL.

#173 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

so this site thinks jerry jones is a good owner now i guess

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Alabama fan?

WRONG.

I'm from NC and am a Panther fan. The only difference between you and me is that I choose to take my head out of my butthole and look at reality. If you would go to your local CVS and ask for a nice soothing ointment that may help you get your head out of your sore butthole, you may be able to wipe away the poo thats is in your eyes. That poo is making you see Cam as an elite qb, not the joke that he is on tv. Even that kid in that commercial made Cam look stupid. 

yeah you only post like a complete moron with loads of intentional misspellings and mangled grammar.  then you get all weird and break character whenever someone calls you on it  seriously guys i'm not a troll!

you're not the first idiot on this board to mistakenly think that posting with a dumb gimmick account was clever or funny.  you and nationofdumbination are ten times worse than the "cam huggers" you complain about.

#174 fjblair

fjblair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Jaworski spent a lot of his career on his ass so it might have affected his thinking skills.

#175 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

With Chud as their OC and our OL in front of them?  All of them except for maybe Aaron Rodgers.

I know this... I don't think statues like Brady, Manning the Older, and Matty Spice would have lasted a half a season behind our OL.

So he is the #2 QB in your eyes?

#176 Creep59

Creep59

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

Weve got far too many blind cam jock sniffers in here.

#177 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

here's my list:

1. derek anderson

32.  blaine gabbert

999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.  $CAMMY $CAM DONT WIN NONE OF THEM THERE FOOTBALL GAMS CAM NEWTON

#178 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

So we've got nationofdomination, Steven Smiff, and Creep59 trolling in one thread? Interesting.

#179 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

So we've got nationofdomination, Steven Smiff, and Creep59 trolling in one thread? Interesting.

somebody has to fight the "cam huggers" i've been told are infesting this board and stirs' cape and mask are at the cleaners

#180 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

So he is the #2 QB in your eyes?

No.  Because, conversely (at this stage of his career) I don't think Cam would do as well as Brady (yet) if Cam was plugged into the Patriots offense.

Or as good as Manning (yet) if he was plugged into the Broncos.

Etc.

But I *do* think that Cam's style of play was about the ONLY thing that saved us from being a bottom 5 team last year considering how far Chud has his head up his own ass.  And considering the particular circumstances of the 2012 Carolina Panthers (which is, of course, the team you were so exact in placing into your hypothetical), no, I don't think any of those other legendary QBs that you mention would have had a shot at polishing the turd that was Chudzinski's 2012 offense.