Its not racist when it's a fact?

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#151 mav1234

mav1234

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

That's almost laughable mav... idk what the other guy thinks, but we are in dire need of "improvement" in many areas.

The singular most important being public education.  It pisses me off to no end the money our gov't spends on things that aren't education.  We could have the most outstanding public education system in the world if we wanted to.  Unfortunately things like $400 hammers for the pentagon are more important.

Think of all the millions and millions of dollars that were either wasted or flat out lost in places like Iraq and Afghanistan over the past 12 years...  what if just half of that had been put towards education in America?

You say it's laughable, but look at the posts directly above this one.  That's why I asked.

I think public education is an area that could seriously deserve some love, though I admit increasing funding alone isn't the answer, but it is a part of it. 

as to Iraq and Afghanistan... war is expensive, heh.

#152 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

I really need to know because well...my wife is born and raised in Germany and none of us really hold it against her because she was too young to be involved!

Because black people in white/black mixed race couples hate their white spouses?

#153 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

I said nothing even close to that...

#154 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

Hawk wants to know statute of limitations of generational PTSD. 

Answer:  There isn't one.  Germans don't need Flemish peeps as a voting bloc. 

#155 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hawk wants to know statute of limitations of generational PTSD. 

Answer:  There isn't one.  Germans don't need Flemish peeps as a voting bloc. 

Good to see your ignorance is international.

#156 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

You say it's laughable, but look at the posts directly above this one. That's why I asked.

I think public education is an area that could seriously deserve some love, though I admit increasing funding alone isn't the answer, but it is a part of it.

as to Iraq and Afghanistan... war is expensive, heh.

No, money is not the solution, but it would sure help...

#157 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

No, money is not the solution, but it would sure help...

If you have a kid who does not care about school...and you have a parent who does not value education....it does not matter what school you put them in.  The results are going to be below average.

Whether people want to accept it or not, the solution ABSOLUTELY starts at home. 

#158 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

HUDDLER

I have just one question to ask....and I ask for a reason....what is the "time required" to get past the whole slavery thing...how many generations needed?

the reason I ask...my parents....not my great great grand parents...no no...my mother and my father, grew up in a German occupied Holland.  Does this mean that they, and I, and my children and how many more generations down the road should hate all Germans?

I really need to know because well...my wife is born and raised in Germany and none of us really hold it against her because she was too young to be involved!

I've asked that and was told 50-100 years minimum from today. And that's not from the end of slavery. That's based on the ancestors of slaves, mind you.

Meanwhile, Jews came back from the brink of literal extinction in one generation, but the comparison isn't valid somehow.

#159 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

I said nothing even close to that...

Well, since you brought it up, I'm sure it would help move things along if we gave $11 trillion dollars to the decedents of slavery like we gave to the Netherlands after the war.  

#160 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Well, since you brought it up, I'm sure it would help move things along if we gave $11 trillion dollars to the decedents of slavery like we gave to the Netherlands after the war.  

there we go....one more hand out is all that it will take.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users