• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#226 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

Well, they can stay but they'd be downgraded to immigrant status. That means they can't complain about whatever system they're in or get deported if need be. Whatever the social justice issues are, it would be that respective country's burden.

uhhh so how "pure" does one need to be in order to be counted as a full person in your utopian society?  jw since there are millions of Americans that would likely not be so easily labeled as either black or white.

#227 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,810 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

So when people say things like "Black people don't value education", we should give it serious thought...

do all black people devalue education? clearly they don't. some do. just like any other race that has people who strive and others no so much.

#228 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,515 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

Careful. What you're saying is revolutionary to some.

#229 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

That's quite the logical leap.

i want to make a bot that just replies to all of that dude's posts with this right here

e: lol and this as well

i hope you're just really inarticulate and you came across much differently from what you actually intended

#230 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:26 AM

If anything it's absolute proof that race isn't a factor. Economics matter, but they're a result of cultural standards of family unity and educational achievement.

If this society was so abhorrently racist as is being claimed, it'd be racist to all non-whites. The simple yet uncomfortable truth is that minorities who come here and bust their ass and sacrifice their life so their kids can have a chance at a better one get out of the cycle of poverty much more successfully than those who have kids out of wedlock and listen to excuses about a corrupt system holding them back.

[citation needed]

seriously that's not how racism works at all and i'm really interested in seeing how you got to this position

#231 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,353 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

[citation needed]

seriously that's not how racism works at all and i'm really interested in seeing how you got to this position

Dude, people don't hate you because you are black. It is because you are an idiot.

Carry on

#232 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

oh wow being called an idiot by the one poster who hasn't put together a single coherent thought since i've been posting here sure has me reconsidering everything those librul book lernin ivory tower elitists have taught me

#233 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

I think its a sign of progress that now we have tinderbox posters that basically go around responding to certain peoples posts to poo talk that individual in a way unrelated to the thread or post in question.

#234 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,353 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

oh wow being called an idiot by the one poster who hasn't put together a single coherent thought since i've been posting here sure has me reconsidering everything those librul book lernin ivory tower elitists have taught me

Please child...

The only schtick you have is....

White man is evil.

Evey thing bad happing to black man is white man's fault.

Carry on....you are not even worth the effort or time.  You are a lost cause.  I just hope you don't pass on the same pity complex and lack of accountability to your kids.  Otherwise, they are in for the same poo life as yours.

#235 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

Didn't read any of the other posts so I am not familiar with the convo.

But, racism in America is not about the racist. It is about the person being accosted.  It is similar psychological terms like confirmation bias that we all share. It is not about the color of the racist. Often and especially here conversations devolve into whites feeling the need to argue that they are in fact not racist or they don't know any racists, or have never seen it. They use this argument to claim that it must not exist. However this is a seriously flawed way of thinking, and it ignores that simple truth that only the victim experiences the crime. It is not for the rest of society to say that all is well and a person slighted has no complaint. A fair, reasonable, just and empathetic mind would be inclined to consider the possibility that there really is something going on that needs to be addressed

#236 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,820 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Didn't read any of the other posts so I am not familiar with the convo.

But, racism in America is not about the racist. It is about the person being accosted.  It is similar psychological terms like confirmation bias that we all share. It is not about the color of the racist. Often and especially here conversations devolve into whites feeling the need to argue that they are in fact not racist or they don't know any racists, or have never seen it. They use this argument to claim that it must not exist. However this is a seriously flawed way of thinking, and it ignores that simple truth that only the victim experiences the crime. It is not for the rest of society to say that all is well and a person slighted has no complaint. A fair, reasonable, just and empathetic mind would be inclined to consider the possibility that there really is something going on that needs to be addressed

Just curious but if you haven't read any of the other posts, where is the bolded part coming from?

It's pretty easy to tell by people's posts whether or not they are racist (although that too has been accused and debated on here) but I don't know who is saying they don't know racists or have never seen it.  

I know some real life racists and have definitely seen it... a lot,both the subtle brand of racism with veiled comments and the open out-right hostile behavior kind.

#237 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Just curious but if you haven't read any of the other posts, where is the bolded part coming from?

It's pretty easy to tell by people's posts whether or not they are racist (although that too has been accused and debated on here) but I don't know who is saying they don't know racists or have never seen it.  

I know some real life racists and have definitely seen it... a lot,both the subtle brand of racism with veiled comments and the open out-right hostile behavior kind.

I was simply stating that while some people may feel that racism is dead, their opinion is not as important as the people that feel that they are being treated with racial bias.

#238 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,820 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

I was simply stating that while some people may feel that racism is dead, their opinion is not as important as the people that feel that they are being treated with racial bias.

OK, I get what you're saying, but who has been saying racism is dead.

Overall I think it's better in a general sense than years past, but it definitely still goes on.

There will always be racists and assholes.

#239 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

OK, I get what you're saying, but who has been saying racism is dead.

Overall I think it's better in a general sense than years past, but it definitely still goes on.

There will always be racists and assholes.

I could name several but I don't feel like doing the research of previous threads. But in my experience that's what always happens.

#240 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,810 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

Yeah its a tired drum beat that somebody is saying racism is dead. As long as you have dif races and billions of people guess what you are gonna have? Yep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.