Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

The Official Pre-Camp Predict the WR corps for 2013 thread

94 posts in this topic

and you see why so many of us have been claiming WR is a need for the last 3 or so years.

1. Steve Smith

2-6. An interchangeable faceless mass of mediocrity

4 people like this

Do you mean blackmailed? If not I don't know what Armantis' balla have to do with it...

Honestly, I don't think even he knows what he means most of the time. He is a comically bad poster.

1 person likes this

Smith

Lafell

Ginn

Hixon/Gettis

Adams

I'm going out on a limb here and Edwards gets cut and Lamont gets his chance.

Pilares is the least dynamic of the players which isn't saying much when compared to Adams and Edwards.

1. Steve Smith

2-6. An interchangeable faceless mass of mediocrity

67155-Nicolas-Cage-laughing-gif-Face-sBw

1 person likes this

1.Smitty

2.Lafell

3.Hixon

4.Ginn

5.Gettis

6.Edwards

I think Ginn makes it due to being a returner and his WR potential he has shown in mini-camp. I think Edwards stays on the team because of his improvement this year. Hixon, I think has the most talent, if he can stay healthy (other than Lafell or Smitty of course). 

I agree with the picks and the comments.

1 person likes this

1. Smitty

2. Hixon

3. Lafell

4. Ginn

5. Edwards

6. Gettis, Adams

I really think Hixon will end up pushing Lafell for the #2 spot. I predict Hixon will have 1000 yards on the season.

Lafell will bump back into the #3 spot, but be pushed by Ginn. I think Lafell and Ginn will be good competition, and would not be surprised if Lafell isn't on the field eventually in 3WR sets.

Edwards is "improving" but I don't hold much stock in that. Regardless, at this juncture, give him the #5 spot.

If Gettis can't get on the field at times during camp, he should be gone. We should have seen Gettis last year. How many chances os he going to get? Give the 6th to whoever can stay on the field and practice.

Smith

Lafell

Ginn

Hixon/Gettis

Adams

I'm going out on a limb here and Edwards gets cut and Lamont gets his chance.

Pilares is the least dynamic of the players which isn't saying much when compared to Adams and Edwards.

Some may be forgetting that Pilares has made plays when given a chance. On kickoff returns, he's nothing special, but he has made a number of big plays on special teams, including downing the punt inside of the 1 yard line that should have sealed the 1st Falcons game. When he has had chances on offense, he has made plays, it's just been a very small sample size.

I understand the love for Adams, but he's not especially fast, doesn't hold on to the ball well, and frankly just hasn't shown anything to suggest he could be a legit NFL player.

For me, it's Smith, LaFell, Hixon, Ginn, Pilares and probably Armanti. Like many, I wish one of the big guys would step up (Bryant or Gettis) to give us a good red zone target, but fear that is no more than wishful thinking.

Smitty

Lafell

Hixon

Ginn

Those are the 4 I'm certain about.  I think we carry 6 and the last 2 spots come down to Edwards, Pilares, and Adams.  One of them won't make it.  It'll come down to preseason in-game performance IMO.  I've given up on Gettis.  I hope he proves me wrong.  Bryant on the PS.

Some of you are really underestimating Hixon. He has a good chance to become the number 2, though I think Lafell still beats him out. Ginn as a wideout is no better than Louis Murphy.

1. Smitty

2. LaFell

3. Hixon

4. Ginn

2 and 3 may be switched around, but you can take the rest of that to the bank. As for number 5 and beyond, no one seems to deserve it. I guess I'll put Armani there, just because he can play special teams. It might be worth taking a flyer on someone like Lamont Bryant.