#1 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

Sounds familiar... Like someone tried posting it here before & was found to be several years old & most responses to that review were wondering wth that guy was talking about kind of familiar. ..

These are from a month ago

GARRETT
If you ask me, Charlotte can be the best or the worse place to live. Everyone has different expectations, hobbies, and outlooks on life. As far as nice people, I feel that Charlotte lacks that by all means. There are way too many people that live here, so traffic is absolutely horrible. Public transportation is there, but expect it to be very dirty, also not organized. Also the cost of living is somewhat high for the south, but I guess it could be much worse. There is night life, but just bars. If you do not drink, do not expect to like charlotte. For the younger crowd, not too much for entertainment around here. Me personally, I would much rather be in florida, or out west somewhere other than here.

JOHN
Charlotte needs a facelift. A facelift of different people. There is just something wrong with peeps here. Still trying to sort it out. It definitely makes for a good sociology experiment. They are trying too hard to be something they're not. Too many wanna-be's. So many here are a wanna be something: Wanna-be yuppie; wanna-be hoity toity; wanna-be gangsta; wanna-be bad ass; the list is endless. It may be rare to meet a real, down to earth person with little to prove. It's unfortunate. The only thing i can conclude at this point is that it is in the water. What else? You would think it would be cool with all the transplants like myself here. But they have the same issues. With the exception of the heavy concentration of NYC/NJ/NE peeps here (who do nothing but complain that CLT is not NYC or Boston), everyone else seems to hail from the dying/dead rust belt towns in the midwest, or some two meal town off the grid somewhere. They come to Charlotte (in some cases reasons unknown- many just grab a job doing whatever)and think it's all that. And because they think CLT is all that, they think they're all that because they're here! That's one of my theories. They're lost. And they thrive on drama. Without it some of them would probably disintegrate. Anyone know a good plastic surgeon?

MITCH
Worst city ever! Sad sad state of affairs. The culture is centered on two thing, how much you can show you're a conservative christian, and how much they can steal from you in the process of finding out how much you're a conservative christian. As long as you never trust a word anyone ever says in Charlotte, you will be okay. If you're a scheming, conniving, manipulative, judgement-casting individual, you'll fit right in.

Oh, and if anyone states that the out door activities are great... They are already lying.

http://www.bestplace...e_NC&p=53712000

#2 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Absolutely hilarious thread.

The resident of a city that smells like a Port-a-jon that has not been emptied in over a month is trying to rag on another city.

Priceless.

#3 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

The front page of that very web site lists the 24 most popular places...Charlotte is on the list, New Orleans...not. 

#4 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

I love how tourists and visitors always leave with this mythical view of New Orleans as some kind of quaint European-like city. Well, having grown up here, but lived in other places as an adult and returned 10 years ago, I can attest to the fact that yes we are like Paris...in the 1800s. If you want to come home from work to find your front door kicked in and all your valuables stolen, regularly open the local newspaper to read a story about public sector corruption or private sector ineptitude, spend your Saturdays rushing around to complete errands before everything closes at noon, and pay exorbitant insurance and rent cost for the privilege of dealing with all that crap, then New Orleans is the place for you.

LOL

#5 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

I was born and raised in New Orleans and I never understood why some people loved it enough to die for it. Hurricanes Katrina was predicted long before it happened. New Orleans has always been ridden with poverty,poor education, HIGH crime and high unemployment due to lack of industry other than tourism and we all new it. Even though I grew up enjoying Mardi Grads and other festivals, I've always had a since of fear and lacking as a child due to it's enviroment. I haven't found a place with friendlier people 20 years later but I am happy that I left in 1990s. A friend I grew up with regrets that she never left to see and experience other places that are better. New Orleans is to me is like a Capitalistic spider Webb that trapped many people in to be eaten alive. My family lives elsewhere so I have no reason to visit. I can still attend Jazz festivals, meet friendly people, and eat craw fish in many other places in the world. What kills me is that some are still moving back..including my mother! WOW

#6 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,353 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

anyone who complains about traffic in charlotte loses all credibility. tamest traffic in by city with similar population

#7 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

New Orleans...what the locals say.....Who Dat?

Charlotte wins!  I've been to both cities several times and would pick Charlotte as a home way before New Orleans. 

#8 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

Awwww did I hit a nerve there?

Lemme guess, the post I was responding to originally was from 09? At any rate, I'm sure others will point out that its little work to find locals, ex-residents from NOLA that hate that city as well, but you continue on with distracting from the fact that in a desperate bid to show strangers on the internet how awesome you are, you managed to prove yet again what a vapid, soft, lump of potato poo you are.

#9 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Charlotte doesnt have your souless materialistic ass living there so as much as I might personally love NOLA, CLT wins the "Better Plalce to Live" categfory.

#10 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,291 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

m. night shyamalan is louisiana's governor

#11 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,425 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Awwww did I hit a nerve there?

Lemme guess, the post I was responding to originally was from 09? At any rate, I'm sure others will point out that its little work to find locals, ex-residents from NOLA that hate that city as well, but you continue on with distracting from the fact that in a desperate bid to show strangers on the internet how awesome you are, you managed to prove yet again what a vapid, soft, lump of potato poo you are.

You said that the comment I posted was like some old post that was debunked or fake seemed to be the insinuation, so I went to check post date and saw a bunch of brand new posts from last month, so I posted more current comments. I could care less about Charlotte, so why would that strike a nerve?

#12 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,291 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

8htOsRf.jpg

#13 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Not all Panthers fans live in Charlotte.

#14 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,291 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

http://www.bestplace...e_NC&p=53712000

what the fug is wrong with 75% of the people leaving reviews on that site

#15 †William Moore†

†William Moore†

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationSouth Atlanta

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.