Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam Newton: Why Can't He Win?

165 posts in this topic

Posted

Dafuq did I just read?

JR Smith isn't a superstar because he's a selfish, unfocused moron who rather spend his nights at clubs drinking like a mad man while trying to hook up with Rihanna look-alikes.

Big play addiction? Really, Yahoo? Really?

/facepalm

Posted

Gee, what young QB doesn't suffer from erratic accuracy occasionally, and doesn't try to force the ball to make plays happen? Only a 100% of them.

1 person likes this

Posted

http://contributor.yahoo.com/signup/

Not sure which is harder to get to write for, Yahoo or the Bleacher Report.  The problem with Yahoo is that the Yahoo network actually has some professional journalists and sportswriters, so there's a little credibility there (we can debate the amount elsewhere).  So, people see Yahoo in the URL and assume that the contributor network has the same standards, and it clearly does not.

1 person likes this

Posted

I wonder if he has any idea what the Air Coryell offense is predicated on?

2 people like this

Posted

i wonder if the thinks Cam plays for the Camolina Camthers

Posted

Homerism aside, he makes a good point. Doesnt mean Cam shouldnt use his incredible arm and legs, he should just improve his intermediate and short range passing, his defensive reading, and not try to force plays that arent there. Minimize risk as much as possible. Cam will get there soon, and when he does he will be absolutely unstoppable.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cam can't win because he is too worried about entertaining people. and becoming a cultural icon. He should be focused on becoming a better player and becoming mentally stronger. The media don't like Cam because he comes across as a thug from the hood. He wears his pants pulled down so that his panties will show. He has stickers and price tags on his hats. His car has like 25 inch chrome rims with inch thick tires on them. He always listens  to hippy hop and crap music. Next he will get gold teef to finish his image. Cam has to decide if he wants to be gang material or a NFL QB

1 person likes this

Posted

Homerism aside, he makes a good point. Doesnt mean Cam shouldnt use his incredible arm and legs, he should just improve his intermediate and short range passing, his defensive reading, and not try to force plays that arent there. Minimize risk as much as possible. Cam will get there soon, and when he does he will be absolutely unstoppable.

Yes, Cam does need to work on his accuracy on shorter routes.

But, why did every pass play seem to be predicated on a WR flat out beating a defender? Rarely saw routes that influenced DBs, or chips/picks so other WRs could get open. And the few chips they did run, Murphy flat out tackled the defender.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is what the idiots say who dont watch the panthers play and rely on espn or some other bullshit mainstream media pushing the conventional wisdom that Cam is the reason the panthers lose. Watch the fuging games and its plain as day why theyre not winning and it sure as hell isnt Cam Newton.

Posted

I can't wait for the national media to eat some non delicious pie and become forced to write positive articles about the Panthers after we make the playoffs this year.

2 people like this

Posted

Cam can't win because he is too worried about entertaining people. and becoming a cultural icon. He should be focused on becoming a better player and becoming mentally stronger. The media don't like Cam because he comes across as a thug from the hood. He wears his pants pulled down so that his panties will show. He has stickers and price tags on his hats. His car has like 25 inch chrome rims with inch thick tires on them. He always listens to hippy hop and crap music. Next he will get gold teef to finish his image. Cam has to decide if he wants to be gang material or a NFL QB

al_bundy_gtfo_gif.gif

9 people like this

Posted

Cam forces things for two reasons.

1. Usually nobody is open and he tries to make a play because throwing the ball out of bounds every play you might as well have jimmy playing.

2. I really don't believe he trusts the defense so he tries to win it all when he's on the field.

I can't say that I blame him. When the team around him improves he'll stop trying to win it himself, because right now he damn near has to.

1 person likes this