Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Cam Newton: Why Can't He Win?

Best Answer CashNewton22, 10 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

I can't wait for the national media to eat some non delicious pie and become forced to write positive articles about the Panthers after we make the playoffs this year. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#31 Archimedes

Archimedes

NOT NEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

Cam Newton can't win games?

Loss at Atlanta - Newton leads team for 88 yard drive, trailing in 4th qtr, on the road, against #1 seed in nfc.  Offense runs out all but 50 seconds on clock late.  Idiot coach punts ball.  Worst safety in NFL history, makes worst play in NFL history.

Loss vs Seattle - Since the guy is giving Kapernick credit for "putting the 49ers in the red zone, even tho they didnt win the super bowl", Newton drives offense down field on 80 yard, 11 play drive late in 4th qtr, yes, he made a bad pass on 4th down, but he handed the ball to Deangelo who lost 3 yards on 2nd down, and completed a pass to Murphy on 3rd (he just came up one yard short of the endzone).

Loss at Chicago - Newton leads offense down the field late in the 4th qtr for game winning (if we had any other coach) fg.  Idiot coach (the same one who squib kicked the ball to midfield all afternoon) switches to a defense suited for a team leading by 20 points late in the 4th.  Very predictably, Chicago drives and scores.

Loss vs Tampa Bay -  Newton and the offense dive 80 yards late into the 4th to take a 11 pt lead.  D gives up FG, Offense burns another 3 mins off clock, punts with 1 minute left.  TB drives down the field vs our D, throws a miracle 24 yard pass at time expires (guess Newton blew his pass coverage, and missed his assignment on the 2pt conversion as well).  It's also his fault we lost the coin toss, and that TB scored on the first drive of OT, I suppose.

We just have to accept it, Cam Newton isn't clutch.

#32 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

why not just say 0% of it is cam's fault? he's only the quarterback right? and he's superman right? why would anyone mention his lack of maturity? they should be ashamed!  your story about the abc store cashier and the giants fan sounds completely made up, but assuming its true, did you offer to service the giants fan in the parking lot?

naw some of it is. like the atl fumble. the pick six chicago, ect.

but i guess Cam has to score with :24 seconds on the clock everytime and not have the defense hold up for 3+ minutes so he could not get another "comeback win" for himself. it's all on cam.

go suck andrew "andre the giant" lucks dick on the colts message board.

andre-mug-sized.jpg

#33 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,263 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

The only game of the top of my head that Cam is the reason we lost is the Seahawks game.

Correct me if I'm wrong tho.

EDIT: This year's Chicago game too.

#34 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,326 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

we win as a team we lose as a team....

I read that in the bible 

jack.

#35 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,514 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

He's had to play mistake free football since he's been here, even then we still lose. Our D is going to need to be everything we are expecting this year and more. Giving up methodic game winning drives must stop.

#36 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,354 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

lol guy says he's an avid Panthers fan.

Probably TRD.

Also an NC State fan. DEFEND HIM PANTHRO/SZ JAMES

2sbww03.jpg

#37 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,514 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

Yankees fan from VA? Explains everything.

#38 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • 3,102 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

I think the article has some truth to it. It may not be the reason we do not win games but it may be a reason why we may not be scoring often. The interesting thing is that, Newton himself said it as one of the things he needs to do more as he matures, i.e. taking what the defense gives him. He said so in one of his offseason interviews on panthers.com . Hopefully he does not become captain checkdown.

#39 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,604 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

IMO, one of the main reasons Cam and the Panthers improved during the late part of the year was Cam's willingness to take the check down occasionally. It kept the chains moving, and also kept the Offense on the field. If he can continue this trend. We just may be alright this year.

Play good D, keep moving the ball on O, and play well on STs. It could add up to playoffs. Or at least that is how I see it.

#40 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

B.A. in English with a concentration in Creative Writing and a minor in Philosophy.

Translation: I paid a poo ton of money to learn how to write more better and this is the best I can do.

#41 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

There is some truth to what he says, sure...but he just takes it to such extremes that it's just downright obnoxious and ignorant. Most notably the last 3 or 4 sentences...saying stuff like Cam consistently puts the ball in harm's way at the end of games and he turns the ball over in the most crucial situations making it IMPOSSIBLE to win...that is way too radical of language and not true at all. And with comments like that, he's essentially putting ALL the blame on Cam.

#42 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

The only game of the top of my head that Cam is the reason we lost is the Seahawks game.

Correct me if I'm wrong tho.

EDIT: This year's Chicago game too.

I blamed that loss to Chicago on Steve Smith and the DEF and DEF play calling.

#43 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,740 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

B.A. in English with a concentration in Creative Writing and a minor in Philosophy.

Translation: I paid a poo ton of money to learn how to write more better and this is the best I can do.

He was the Caption of his lacrosse team as well. Whatever that is. 

#44 Steven Smiff

Steven Smiff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGuadalajara, NC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

This isn't even good trolling

It's not trolling. If cam ever wants to gain the type of respect given the top tier qbs in this league, he will have to choose being a leader and a model citizen instead of some gang banger 

#45 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

Anybody with a computer can be a journalist these days and this guy has zero credibility. He has a point about the big play syndrome but Cam DOES win and he has only played two friggin seasons, so the writer is a idiot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com