38 replies to this topic

#1 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

When you cheer a team, would you rather they be an awesome Defense or Offense.

I remember the Bears in the 80's and the 46 defense. I could not wait to see them destroy opponents. I was much more fired up watching them stop the other guys than to watch a team score 50 points.

I love a strong ferocious defense way more than offense.

Modern day, Not necesarily today. Saints offense? or Ravens Defense?

You?

#2 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

I enjoy watching where the great plays are being made. I can watch anything once but I rarely re-watch anything thats crap unless Im intentionally looking for laughs. . . like when Jimmeh does his main move, the "point at the line and mumble some poo to the refs about checking that speck of random nothingness in the grass right after you just made a horribly bad play".

#3 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Champions are made in the offseason.

• HUDDLER
  • 4,029 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

Big play teams are fun to watch. 2008 panthers had a great mix of both sides making plays.

The patriots near undefeated season had a spectacular offense and the ravens 1 st Super Bowl D was the tits.

I like teams that get that swagger about them and just know going in that they are gonna bring the hurt.

#4 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

I can't watch an anemic offense. At times I can watch a bad defense as long as the offense is capable of winning a shootout, but a bad offense is so brutal to watch.

Now I would prefer a team that is balanced, fast paced, and makes plays on both sides of the ball, but with an offense that is able to put a lot of points on the board

#5 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

When defense makes a good play [pick 6] the stadium gets way louder than a long TD run/throw

#6 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,050 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

If I had to choose one I would rather watch an electrifying offense than a team whose only skill is stonewalling opponents and nothing else

I understand a lot of older fans appreciate defense but nothing else, and purge the idea of a high scoring offense. They call it being "old school". I call it "retarded".

#7 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,500 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!!!!! chant puts chills on the back of my neck but I refuse to choose.  Both sides of the ball and multiple, multiple players can get me fired up.

#8 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,486 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

I am an offense guy.

In college I will watch certain teams solely based on their offense (ahem Oregon)

#9 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

When you cheer a team, would you rather they be an awesome Defense or Offense.

I remember the Bears in the 80's and the 46 defense. I could not wait to see them destroy opponents. I was much more fired up watching them stop the other guys than to watch a team score 50 points.

I love a strong ferocious defense way more than offense.

Modern day, Not necesarily today. Saints offense? or Ravens Defense?

You?

As an Auburn guy, I can tell you from a college football perspective that I always loved an awesome defense and was totally dedicated to that point of view.

Then 2010 came around and turned my world upside down.

In other words, I don't care... quoting the wisdom of the late, great Al Davis: "Just win, baby!"

I.

Don't.

Care.

#10 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

Offense for me.

#11 NOCO Panther

NOCO Panther

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

Would rather have an awesome defense, but it can't be a lopsided difference. A great offense with a Swiss cheese defense can be fun to watch, but you will likely end up with a hole in the wall after the game. A great defense with an anemic offense is like pulling teeth.

For once, after all these years, I would like to see some balance on both sides of the ball.

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,570 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

balanced and dominant with both. 

I'm not choosing. you can't make me. if we have one one and not the other I'll complain about the other. i expect both to be great. it's not fun for me watxhing a team that is weak on any side of the ball.

#13 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,801 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

Balance is optimal; but I consider myself a fan of old school football lead by a ferocious defense that O's just don't want to play.

That's why I liked Fox so much; but he was WAY too dependent on the D. I really like Rivera because he doesn't completely choke off the O; but is known for having some damn good D's.

I also think offensive teams are perceived as finese. I'm more of a bull in a china shop type.

#14 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

Defense. I get fuging jacked when I see a big hit, touchdowns are meh. When TD makes a big hit I start crying...its a goddamn fiasco.

#15 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,698 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

it's hard for me to pick. both are equally beautiful; the one complements the other.

frankly i think our defense will be ferocious this year and our offense will be high-scoring and efficient, so we just may get the best of both worlds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.