Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strongest Link

27 posts in this topic

Posted

We have often discussed our weakest link and how they will prevent us from having a winning season. Let's talk about our strongest link and how they will lead us to glory.

For me the strongest link needs to be offensive line. Cam can accomplish great things if we give him a chance. Gross, Silatolu, and Kalil need to dominate. They all have the talent if they can stay healthy. Hangartner or one of the young guys needs to have a big year and Byron Bell needs to improve on his first two seasons. With our emphasis on the run game and traditional offense the offensive line is the key to our success.

Conventional wisdom says our strongest link is the DLine, however they will be relying heavily upon 2 rookies and a second year guy. Surely they will dominate the passing game but they may get out of position vs. the run.

Posted

We have often discussed our weakest link and how they will prevent us from having a winning season. Let's talk about our strongest link and how they will lead us to glory.

For me the strongest link needs to be offensive line. Cam can accomplish great things if we give him a chance. Gross, Silatolu, and Kalil need to dominate. They all have the talent if they can stay healthy. Hangartner or one of the young guys needs to have a big year and Byron Bell needs to improve on his first two seasons. With our emphasis on the run game and traditional offense the offensive line is the key to our success.

Conventional wisdom says our strongest link is the DLine, however they will be relying heavily upon 2 rookies and a second year guy. Surely they will dominate the passing game but they may get out of position vs. the run.

I cant agree with that.  Our Oline got thwomped last year even at full strength.

1 person likes this

Posted

our d-line has depth, we are not going to be relying heavily on 2 rookies.

and our o-line had many problems last year including play calling, injury, inexperience. we do have talent on the o-line though.

Posted

Linebackers should be scary good.

Posted

QB?

2 people like this

Posted

fansite moderators between the ages of 27 and 29

Posted

fansite moderators between the ages of 27 and 29

Millimeters?

Posted

yeah

:(

Posted

Either DL or linebackers.  If I knew Beason and Davis were going to be 100% all year I would go linebackers over the DL because of the youth on the DL.

Posted

Manly_Link_by_GENZOMAN.jpg
2 people like this

Posted

I disagree!

Posted

I cant agree with that. Our Oline got thwomped last year even at full strength.

Yeah, I agree Friz. Our OL, particularly the right side concerns me more than our supposedly subpar secondary.