Photo
- - - - -

Topic Players that may be gone after Training Camp aka we have to find someone else to worship or bash thread

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

My list of players that are frequently mentioned in threads on the Huddle that I think are on their way out.  We have to find someone to take their place in terms of pure suck or awesome potential.

1.  Fua - No more

2.  Gettis  - Potential = Fail

3.  Pilares - no room at the inn

4.  Gaydosh - love the story and the name but no

5.  Pickles - I know there is not much reason to cut him in terms of cap but I think if that Colby guy shows anything in camp they will let him go and allow him to try and jump on another team.  More or less a courtesy cut.

6.  Nortman -  Somebody, Anybody but him

#2 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,294 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

My list of players that are frequently mentioned in threads on the Huddle that I think are on their way out.  We have to find someone to take their place in terms of pure suck or awesome potential.

1.  Fua - No more

2.  Gettis  - Potential = Fail

3.  Pilares - no room at the inn

4.  Gaydosh - love the story and the name but no

5.  Pickles - I know there is not much reason to cut him in terms of cap but I think if that Colby guy shows anything in camp they will let him go and allow him to try and jump on another team.  More or less a courtesy cut.

6.  Nortman -  Somebody, Anybody but him

I wouldn't be shocked by any of those names getting the ax.  Nortman is a bit of a stretch.  Hes a kicker that was drafted.  Granted he was not picked by G-man but still a drafted kicker.  He will get another shot because who else is there?

Teh Jimmy Jamz will remain because hes like a bad case of hemorrhoids, he just wont go away.

I really hope Gaydosh finds a spot but to do that one or more of that mish-mash of mediocrity at the WR position will be gone. 

Which leads me to Gettis, Pilares, Edwards, Adams those guys are really gonna have to ball out in camp and preseason to make a spot.

#3 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,895 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

gaydosh is kind of a physical freak:

"His bench press would have ranked him 3rd in Indianapolis, his broad jump was three inches behind Shariff Floyd, and his vertical was up there with athletic freak Ziggy Ansah. If you want a true representation of Gaydosh, he was the CFL's Margus Hunt -- the player who caught everyone's eye, and became the talk of the combine."

And apparently he was very impressive in OTA's. Smitty said as much. At the very least i think we try and sneak him in the PS.  Now would you take Fua over this guys potential? I think not.

#4 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

Gettis = gone
Bryant = gone
Fua = gone
Dockery = gone

#5 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,601 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Gettis = gone
Bryant = gone
Fua = gone
Dockery = gone

How is Dockery gone? That makes no sense.

#6 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

How is Dockery gone? That makes no sense.

How many corners make the squad? 4-5...

Norman, Flo, Cap, Thomas. And if there's 5, its between Moore, Dockery and White. My money is on DJ Moore. He's more versatile.

Basically he's out because of the numbers game.

#7 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,601 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

True but I honestly believe we'll be taking six.

However, TC has yet to commence. Dockery could outperform a guy like Florence. We'll see though.

#8 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,512 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

Wasn't impressed with Dockery last season, got burned quite a few times. Thomas impressed me the most.

#9 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

I gotta think that we keep Gaydosh or maybe he goes down final cut in a #'s game. We got Star, KK, Cole, Dwan all making it. If we keep five he is our guy. However the Kraken, King Charles, and Frank the Tank all have the ability to play DT in passing situations so it may not be wise to keep 5 DT. I do think that Gaydosh would be ideal to play 5 tech in 3-4 looks.

#10 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

True but I honestly believe we'll be taking six.

However, TC has yet to commence. Dockery could outperform a guy like Florence. We'll see though.

I don't think there's a way we can keep 6 CBs. We only had 4 last season. 5 will be max. And if we go 5, it likely means only 4 safties make the squad.

#11 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

What would we do if AE, pickles, fua, and gettis get cut? This forum loves to complain too much, the site would be dead.

#12 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

Get Nortman the hell out of here. Is Todd Sauerbrun still alive?

#13 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,680 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

clausen is clearly not a starter-quality NFL quarterback but most third stringers aren't

i dunno, i just can't hold the fact that he was drafted too high by a GM on a cold streak and forced into starting for a coach who wanted nothing to do with him against pickles.

#14 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

clausen is clearly not a starter-quality NFL quarterback but most third stringers aren't

i dunno, i just can't hold the fact that he was drafted too high by a GM on a cold streak and forced into starting for a coach who wanted nothing to do with him against pickles.

This is why I'd rather go with 2 QBs on the 53 and stash one on the PS.

#15 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,131 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

i look forward to the day when we don't have anyone to make fun of on the roster. gettleman has a good chance of making that happen and ending hurney's traveling circus of CFL roster rejects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com