Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Topic Players that may be gone after Training Camp aka we have to find someone else to worship or bash thread

31 posts in this topic

Posted

clausen is clearly not a starter-quality NFL quarterback but most third stringers aren't

i dunno, i just can't hold the fact that he was drafted too high by a GM on a cold streak and forced into starting for a coach who wanted nothing to do with him against pickles.

Posted

clausen is clearly not a starter-quality NFL quarterback but most third stringers aren't

i dunno, i just can't hold the fact that he was drafted too high by a GM on a cold streak and forced into starting for a coach who wanted nothing to do with him against pickles.

This is why I'd rather go with 2 QBs on the 53 and stash one on the PS.

Posted

i look forward to the day when we don't have anyone to make fun of on the roster. gettleman has a good chance of making that happen and ending hurney's traveling circus of CFL roster rejects.

1 person likes this

Posted

anybody else here unable to help themselves imagining speed racer saying the thread title?

1 person likes this

Posted

I predict that Lamont Bryant is the new Gettis on the huddle after the melt down when Gettis is finally cut.

Posted

Granted Nortman had some god awful punts.  He also had some really good ones and showed flashes of competancy in my mind.  One that comes to mind is the punt at the end of the first falcons game that he put on the one.  That was pretty clutch even though it was completely erased on the next play.

Posted

I think this is Fua/Nakamura's last camp in a Panthers uniform.

I don't know why but I just think Pilares sticks and makes some Bigtime plays this year for us.

1 person likes this

Posted

falcons_medium.gif

:(

Posted

anybody else here unable to help themselves imagining speed racer saying the thread title?

How much you wanna bet many, MANY Huddlers have no idea of which you speak.  I, on the other hand, figured out what Cruncher Bloch was up to with the Mammoth Car long before the $50 mill in gold was revealed.

Posted

This is why I'd rather go with 2 QBs on the 53 and stash one on the PS.

Agreed.  If you're down to your 3rd string QB, you're already fuged anyway.  No sense in wasting an active roster spot on one.

Posted

Gaydosh is PS eligible, so I doubt he's gone.

Nortman has a big time leg, but he's just terrible at directional kicking, which if you ask me, is a dumb ass strategy anyways. I'm of the believer that you should encourage punters to out kick their coverage, as long as the hang time is consistent and acceptable i'm putting the onus on the cover guys to get their asses down there quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Posted

i look forward to the day when we don't have anyone to make fun of on the roster. gettleman has a good chance of making that happen and ending hurney's traveling circus of CFL roster rejects.

Um, the Giants went and signed David Carr under the Gettlemen era...

Wasn't he head of pro scouting?